October mailers

iEAD clarification

Raghu, do I have to bring any pictures with me or any additional documents?

thanx,

- Dom

Does AVM message change after Interim-EAD ?

Raghu, Pccegee,

Does AVM message change after you got Interim-EAD ? Do local INS inform the California service center?

Visal

Does AVM message change after you got Interim-EAD ?

Raghu, Pccegee,

Does AVM message change after you got Interim-EAD ? Do local INS inform the California service center?

Got interim EAD for self and spouse today from San Jose

Hello Friends,
       Got my interim EAD for self and spouse from San Jose INS. It was a very simple and staightforward procedure and we got it for 240 days. We went to INS early in the morning around 6.15AM and were out by 11AM. They started allowing people inside around 7 and when we weny inside there were around 50 people. When they called asked for the EAD receipt notice, EAD application and nothing else. Checked our case and within minutes approved it. No complications at all. Then they gave the paperwork to take it to the place where the EADs are processed. Once thats done we were taken pics on the spot and immediately within 5 mins were given the card. One important thing is we were not asked to pay anything.I hope this would give an idea to people who might wish to take advantage of this.
To summrize: Just take your EAD receipt, EAD application and a pic ID.
PCee: Please update my information in your OCT list.

Thanks a lot.Good luck.

do i have to go if only my spouse needs the EAD? GC is being processed in my name....

ssekar, I am surprised. I thought we have to be at the INS office before 4:30 to be able to get in!

I\'d like to be registred too

I-485, EAD, AP filed in October 2001
RD: 10/17/01
ND: 11/16/01
AP: 01/02/02 (Approval)
Interim EAD: 01/23/02 (San Jose)

No need to be there that early

Before I went there, I was also under the impression that one has to go very early in order to get in. But when I went there I could hardly see 50 people in front of me. Since these days are very cold my guess is people avoid to come that early.But not sure.
 Regarding your question, I think your wife can get hers with her EAD receipt and you need not go with her. But it would be better to consult your lawyer.
Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Latest JIT shows EAD upto ND 11/15 !

ALL, please check the AVM status for your EADs tonight and
post updates here and on pcee\'s tracker.
see jit at shusterman.com

thanks
tt tt

AP approved for self and spouse

Hello all,
Our advance parole has finally been approved (on 01/25) and we received it last week. PCee/Ciba, please update my record on the summary page. Thanks.

Travelling on Advance Parole

My wife and I filed our I-485 application in October 2001.
The current Status is:
AP - approved for both
EAD - pending
AOS - pending
We have an important question about using the advance parole. My wife was on an F-1 visa (optional practical training) when we filed the I-485. Her F-1 visa expires in May 2002. She plans to travel to India sometime in March and may have to stay in India until August 2002, due to personal reasons. Her advance parole is valid until Dec 2002.

Our concerns are:
Is it ok to be out of the country (US) for a period if approx. 6 months, using the advance parole?
Is it ok for her to travel on advance parole even though her F-1 will expire before she returns to the US?
What is her current visa status?
What will it be when she returns to the US?
Is it advisable for her to travel to India as mentioned above, given her visa status and I-485 status?

Has any one been in this situation before? Please let us know the pros and cons of travelling so that we can make a decision.

some answers...

1) It is ok, but if your 485 gets approved then the AP is
officially invalid, even though people have been able to come in.
so dont stay out too long.

2) yes. AP is like a visa.

3) AOS pending

4) parolee

5) I too am planning to travel on AP , but I think it will be good
to keep monitoring where the 485 process is and maybe return for
FP and then stay put in the US

Thanks a lot tt tt!

That was quite helpful! But, we already got our FP notice and we even got our finger printing done! I guess, that makes it even more convoluted :-( Thanks for sharing your info!

Question about travelling

Hello "tt tt" and everyone,
I just had another question. Considering my case (mentioned above), when can my wife finally travel?

Can she travel after the 485 is approved but before we actually receive the physical card (since the AP will be invalid by then)? Please help. Thanks.

FP: Anyone applied I-485 at CSC, but lives in Tennesse?

My I-485 was applied with CSC, since my company is headquartered in the west. But I live in Tennesse. Where will I have to go for FingerPrinting?
Thanks.