October Filers - EAD Traker

MD - 11/05

I was notified by my lawyer on 12/18/01 that he has recd. approvals for EAD, AP & 485 (with eac nos for each). Can someone tell me if I would recieve the EAC card or would it be sent to my lawyer (INS sent the AP to me directly)

rk123, went to local INS

Rk123,

We went to local INS and got the EAD from them. They gave us on the spot.

Did u get urs?

Sunny

RK123, details (Cleveland INS)

Hi Rk123,

I did not see the website yesterday. We went to the local INS office Cleveland(I live in Cleveland) but our complete processing is th\' VSC. We didn\'t take any original receipts(we didn\'t have them also). We there in the morning at 8.00 am and stood in line for Employement authorization. The person talked us and basically we showed her the copy of 485 and she said one minute went inside and came back and said "OK they are approved, so we can issue them here". Asked us to wait and she took the application filled in from both of us with copies of 485 and 765. She wrote on the application "fee exempt"( i think this is we already paid to INS VSC). Waited for another 45 min or so and they took the photo and fingerprint and issue the card then and there itself. We walked out at 10.00 am.
Check ur local INS office and make sure what day they would do the EAD. Cleveland INS do EAD only on Tuesdays.

Mail me if u need more details.
bye
Sunny

Sunny- Thanks for the details !

Will keep you informed about the steps i take to get the EAD card !
Thanks Again !

Please update the excel sheet in http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@251.XOxuaN8dXLs^56@.efd1f5

Atlast I received my EAD on 1/12/02 after getting it approved on 12/4/01

From 12/4/01 AVM message was "approved, and a card is ordered". I kept receiving the same message till Jan 8th. On Jan 9th the message changed to "approved on Jan 8th, and a notice has been sent. If 15 days have passed since the date of approval, please contact us". Finally I recieved my card on Jan 12th.

RD: 10/2/01
ND: 11/21/01

My wife received her EAD on 12/11/01