October 2011 Filers

My checks cleared this morning. Just posting to update my signature. Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday so far.

Another Update!

Hey Guys,

Both checks were cleared yesterday 10/17. Waiting for the Biometric appointment.

@Lazhy

We are literally getting everything done in the same time frame. Wow. I'm about to go check my mail to see if my NOAs are in there. I suspect it might be tomorrow though.

@bigbull99

It looks like an average of 2 weeks after application is received by USCIS and the date for the appt would be about 3 weeks or so after that

@bigbull99

It looks like an average of 2 weeks after application is received by USCIS and the date for the appt would be about 3 weeks or so after that

Yeah, MarineWife is right. We should get the Biometric appointment letter before the end of this week or by beginning of next week.

My biometrics notification came with my NOAs. Also, my appointment was less than 2 weeks after receiving it so it can vary

@id0mu

Was it a good feeling? I'm happy for you!

Definitely! I was worried that I made a mistake on address and it went somewhere else; then that something was wrong with the forms and they are sending the package back... My husband is laughing at me that I already did my job: filled out the forms; now his job is to worry about it. But he doesn't look worried at all! lol

@id0mu

Well it's out of your hands now so all you can do is try to be hopeful and patient. This ordeal is very taxing and exciting at the same time. I'm wishing the best for us all.

Definitely! I was worried that I made a mistake on address and it went somewhere else; then that something was wrong with the forms and they are sending the package back... My husband is laughing at me that I already did my job: filled out the forms; now his job is to worry about it. But he doesn't look worried at all! lol

I know exactly how you felt. I was literally checking my email every couple mins and it started driving me crazy. I got so stressed out that maybe I sent it to the wrong address or that they never received it. When I got the email man oh man I have never been so happy to see email before in my life. I let out my breath as if I was holding it for days. My husband kept telling me not to worry everything is fine and I'm like "until I get some sort of communication from USCIS then I can't be ok". Then the next worrying started......when will they cash the checks??? Will I get a RFE??? I'm learning not to let it bother me so much

This process is so stressful. Hats off to anyone who can go through this calmly

@sweet15

I agree! It indeed is stressful

I had an issue at the post office and was convinced they wouldn't get it in Chicago. When the first tracking info was updated saying "Notice Left" (cuz no authorized person was there to receive package) I literally cried for a full hour. SOBBING. Cursing the stupid woman at the post office who put the signature confirmation on my package insisting since it's documents I have to get that, even though I told her it's going to a P.O box and I don't want it. She told me not to wprry they will get it so when I saw that I just started to cry. My husband was trying to console me but nothing worked. Eventually I just accepted the fact that I'd get back my package in the mail and have to do it over again.

Then the next day I checked just for fun and it said "delivered" I almost started crying again. But decided not to rejoice till INS notified me. 4 days later when I got the texts....I wanted to go save the world. It was EXCITING. Now I've just decided to just relax. One step at a time, worry-free.

@sweet15

Are you going to try to do an earlier biometrics appointment or will you just wait till the date they assigned you?

progress

Hi, Guys
Its good to know that every thing for every one is going on smoothly till now, Hope it will be the same till the end. It is very stressfull. The I 94 expires on Dec 17th 2011. Little bit worried. I still have 2mts. Hoping for the best.
I live in Boston. I am not sure if they will allow a walk in for the Biometrics. Any one from this area?

@sweet15

Are you going to try to do an earlier biometrics appointment or will you just wait till the date they assigned you?

I would like to try the walk-in but I don't know if I'll be successful. Haven't heard anyone from my area tried an early walk-in so I don't know.

Hi, Guys
Its good to know that every thing for every one is going on smoothly till now, Hope it will be the same till the end. It is very stressfull. The I 94 expires on Dec 17th 2011. Little bit worried. I still have 2mts. Hoping for the best.
I live in Boston. I am not sure if they will allow a walk in for the Biometrics. Any one from this area?

Your status is "in process" therefore it's not a big deal that I-94 expires.
Meanwhile I'm updating my signature. Our bank account decreased by $1,000+ :)

@sweet15

Nothing tried, nothing gained. If it's not too far from you, you should at least make the attempt. What have you to lose more than a little bit of time and transportation costs? And it'd be worth it if you got through earlier. Might speed up your process even if it's by a week or two.

Update

I did my walk-in for Biometrics today. The guard was like "Your appointment is for next month" I told I know but is it possible I can have them done today? He didn't say anything, just gave me a form to fill out.
The guy I had doing my fingerprinting was very nice. My right pinky kept saying "rejected".....all the other fingers said "pass" but pinky decided it wouldn't co-operate. He told me not to worry that it is no big deal. He said there is some line in my fingerprint on that finger that the computer doesn't understand. I was like "are you sure it wouldn't be a problem?" He said no then proceeded to show me he had my fingerprint from that finger along with my other 3 fingers that he had took first.
So here is hoping all goes well