October 2011 Filers

silent reader of here I was

hello friends
wish u all a great year anf full of luck
I have filed a marriage green card application and my interview is in jan.
I want to know:
1- should I bring all the forms ORIGIMALLY signed to the interview?because I sent them and dont have the original ones
2- I have a joinnt sponsor, Is it enough to bring her last paystubs?because she cant get another employment letter, her boos is not around.
thanks a lot for all your helps
good luck

CA Filers

Wondering if i can find somewhere Timeline for California filers (San jose) or who have applied in San Jose CA.

How much time its taking for EAD and then for interview once forms submitted?

Hello all,
I just received a messege that my EAD caed was sent. It's a good new so far, since my job will start next week. Now I will waiting for the upcoming interview.
Good luck to all and happy weekend :)

IL received atlast...

As we complete the 100th day successfully, I recd the notification from uscis that status has changed to Testing and Interview. The Interview date is on 13th February. Any ideas about the interview questions? I see a lot of suggestions for spouses but not a lot for parents...

Hello fellow 2011 October filers, hope you are all doing great.

I will be posting my timeline pretty soon.

I have a quick question. I checked the USCIS website on December 31 and my I-765 application changed from "Initial Review" to "Card /Document Production" but today (Jan 7) I checked back on my I-765 application and it changed from "Card/Document Production" to "Post Decision Activity", it looks like the application is going backwards :S is this normal?

Thanks

hello friends
wish u all a great year anf full of luck
I have filed a marriage green card application and my interview is in jan.
I want to know:
1- should I bring all the forms ORIGIMALLY signed to the interview?because I sent them and dont have the original ones
2- I have a joinnt sponsor, Is it enough to bring her last paystubs?because she cant get another employment letter, her boos is not around.
thanks a lot for all your helps
good luck

Hi helenc. I wish you all the best with your interview.

1- The interview officer (IO) should have the original forms you sent. I made copies of mine before and I brought the copies with me - just in case - but I did not need them. Do, however, bring ALL the originals (and also copies) of any documents you had submitted: marriage license, insurance forms, rental lease, bank statements, income tax returns, passport, I-94, etc. etc. etc.

2- yes, do bring the lastest paystubs (and also make copies of these). I don't think you need another employment letter. The IO may not even ask for it but it is better to be prepared.

Better to be overprepared than not. Good luck!

I have a quick question. I checked the USCIS website on December 31 and my I-765 application changed from "Initial Review" to "Card /Document Production" but today (Jan 7) I checked back on my I-765 application and it changed from "Card/Document Production" to "Post Decision Activity", it looks like the application is going backwards :S is this normal?

It's really hard to know how up-to-date the USCIS website is. For example I received my EAD card in the mail on 12/17/2011, had my interview a few days ago, in which they took back my EAD card, and the USCIS website still has my I765 listed as "Post Decision Activity". Hopefully your approval notice and EAD card is already in the mail.

Wondering if i can find somewhere Timeline for California filers (San jose) or who have applied in San Jose CA.

How much time its taking for EAD and then for interview once forms submitted?

you can try this link which I found on these forums (on the Do-it-yourself greencard thread):

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/family-based/

You can search or sort through many different ways, including specific district offices.
I was thinking of adding my case to it at some point.

Hi everyone,

6 more days. UGH. I have been preparing. I have, so far, organized 3 folders.

- One with the I-130 application (copy) and supporting docs*
- One with I-485 (along with I-765) and their supporting documents*
- The last folder is of miscellaneous documents (mostly pertaining to I-864 form)(It includes his life insurance with me listed as beneficiary, his W-2s, his tax transcripts for the last 3 years, checkbook (with both of our names on the cheques, bank statements, utility bills (only in his name), lease agreement in his name but me listed as resident, a letter with appropriate letterhead from the housing office saying how long we have been residents (up to present) )
- My degree/diploma (not sure if this is necessary but being that I entered as a F-1, I wanted to show that I did complete my program)
- 2 photo albums. One of marriage photos and one of family photos, "vacation" photos (whenever we went on trips within the country) and just regular photos.
- EAD card and ALL correspondence letters from USCIS

*Supporting documents include, but are not limited to, passport (mine), military ID (US spouse), birth certificates (both), court disposition (mine), marriage certificate (both) and divorce decree (mine)

Did I miss anything?

@dp0127 That is perfectly normal. That probably means they are currently making the card or have sent it off. It happened to me and to other folks.

Looks like we think the same, except I had more folders ;-)

One thing I can add, that I was asked by the IO is: medical insurance of USC with you listed as spouse/beneficiary.

Regarding the medical insurance, my spouse is more than willing to have me enrolled in DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System-Tricare) but the military requires for me to produce a Social Security Card to be enrolled. I have a SS number but I had lost my card one day several years ago (my purse) along with my old EAD and some debit cards. At this point, to get a new SS card, I would have to prove legal presence (which I can't) ergo I can't be enrolled in DEERS (or have health insurance) so the only things we have are his life insurance with me as his beneficiary and a joint checking and savings account.

If IO asks, we will have to explain why there's nothing else.

ID and DL

Hi! Is it possible to get ID and/or Driving License if I still dont have my GK ?

Hi! Is it possible to get ID and/or Driving License if I still dont have my GK ?

Yes, as long as you have EAD and SS card. Some states might put an additional "Temporary Visitor" expiration date on it, which would be expiration date of your EAD. If you specify what state you live in, it would make it easier for us to asses your situation.

thanks deezee

Hi helenc. I wish you all the best with your interview.

1- The interview officer (IO) should have the original forms you sent. I made copies of mine before and I brought the copies with me - just in case - but I did not need them. Do, however, bring ALL the originals (and also copies) of any documents you had submitted: marriage license, insurance forms, rental lease, bank statements, income tax returns, passport, I-94, etc. etc. etc.

2- yes, do bring the lastest paystubs (and also make copies of these). I don't think you need another employment letter. The IO may not even ask for it but it is better to be prepared.

Better to be overprepared than not. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for ur answer
u r absolutely right and I will be prepared.Thanks again...wish u the best

Marinewife

Do you like worrying for fun? 4 years age difference is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. With both people over 20, age difference won't be an issue in the interview unless it crosses 10 years.

Hi marine wife...

I dont think there is any problem.

Your theft is more then 5 yrs so i dont think its a problem.

Also, age different is not a problem. YOu know the metality here on lv.

Finially, for the fact that ur hubby is a marine its a plus. You know the praises and respect they give to mil guys.

That only will elminate any of these impedidemnts u think can hold u back.

Most important things is that HE MUST WEAR IS UNIFORM FOR HIS INTERVIEW.

So cool your mind and dont wreck your interview nervious breakdrown.
TC.

@abdul007

Thank you very much for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate it.
He will be wearing uniform as he will be leaving work at 10am to pick me up to head to interview (Our interview is at 1pm). I do hope that his military status will hold some weight.If not, I hope all the other things we have prepared to present to them will suffice.

He and I both said we think they will interview us separately (which I secretly prefer) just to prove to them that what we have is real. Any which way it goes though, I've started to relax and am actually just eager to get it over with. 3 more sleeps and then it's on!

I think Jackolantern may be right when it was said that I like to worry because now I'm fretting over what to wear. I was going to wear a black turtleneck sweater dress with tights and black flat knee high boots but I feel that is too casual so I will be going to buy a "job interview" type outfit later today.
Has any past filer had trouble with their attire at interview? Did the IO scold you?

I know that dressing too casual is definitely a problem as is dressing too formal. Just not sure where my original outfit idea fits (whether too casual or just right), so I guess I'll just buy a new get-up (outfit)

Other than that, my nerves are in shambles. This is truly a stressful process. I can't wait for it to be over, seriously. I have gathered all documents and photos etc and just awaiting Friday now.

How's everyone doing? Any news?

Takes too long

My process seem takes too long:
Is it normal?

10/28/2011: I-130, I-485, I-765 sent
11/27/2011: Biometrics appointment
12/7/2011: Medical Examination I-693 sent

Should I call USCIS? If yes, what should I ask?

Thanks DeeZee !

I think we should have some thread giving tips on organizing the documents while sending the application, during interview, what to wear at interview etc.

I'll start one...

Last edited by a moderator: