October 2011 Filers

Murphy's law

After seeing MarineWife's post, I decided to call USCIS and had an opposite experience. The level 2 officer with whom I eventually spoke had a thick, almost incomprehensible accent, was pretty grouchy, and provided absolutely no information. I described my situation (RFE received by USCIS on Monday, no online status update by Wednesday afternoon; how can I tell if the RFE response was properly received, or when should I expect to see the online status update?).

At first she told me it would take up to 2 months for action on the file, which I guess meant EAD production. I reiterated that my question was about when I should see the case status change to 'RFE response review.' She told me that could take 'up to three weeks.' WTF? Bigbull's status updated in what, 1 day? I asked her if there was any other way, besides the system, to tell if the RFE response was received/proper. She said 'you have USPS tracking number.' WTF? Then she starts busting out attitude about how 'we have been over this so many times- it take 3 weeks. When you file? November, October, something like that? You have to give us time.' I wanted to physically shake her until her grammar improved.

Making an IO angry seemed like a bad idea, so I just thanked her and disconnected. Think I should try back another time to get another IO or is my RFE just cursed? I also briefly considered re-sending the RFE response (I made copies of the original RFE letters that have to be sent back with the evidence).

Well I took Lazhy's advice and called USCIS earlier to check on the status of my case. I spoke to one person who had took my query (that I was calling because I couldn't view my case status online, gave her my receipt #), she said she couldn't see the case either and would need to transfer me. She transferred me to another officer who verified info like my full name, address, date of birth. I explained to her about not being able to see my case online. She updated me on my case. Told me that my application was received on October 11th, it was reviewed on November 7th, they've received my fingerprints already and all my paperwork is in order. And that everything is fine. She told me they are having technical difficulties with their system and have been told that it will be updated soon but she cannot say exactly when, so told me to just wait for correspondence from them via mail in the mean time. I must say that it was an easy process (talking to them) and they were very helpful. I can only hope my IO is THAT nice!

If anyone wants to know what's going on with their case, feel free to call them. 1-800-375-2831

@HossDelgado

If at first you don't succeed, try try again!
I say call again tomorrow, at a different time as well. I'm pretty sure you'd get someone different. Or maybe you can wait till Friday. Up to you. Just don't give up just because of her. Do it till you get some type of satisfaction. Good luck dear.

Making an IO angry seemed like a bad idea, so I just thanked her and disconnected. Think I should try back another time to get another IO or is my RFE just cursed? I also briefly considered re-sending the RFE response (I made copies of the original RFE letters that have to be sent back with the evidence).

Hang in there! Maybe give it a couple more days and try again - hopefully you'll get a more helpful person.

Interview Letter Received

Hey guys,

I received the Interview Letter in the mail yesterday 11/16...:) Time to start document collection...

I hope all of us can get the interview letter soon. :eek:
I also hope I can have some news about my EAD. I already got the offer and the new company knows my current status (H1B, I-485 pending) but they will not sponsor me for H1B. They ask me to start working on 12/15. I hope I can have my EAD card befor that. Otherwise, I don't know if they are still willing to wait for my EAD.....:(

Yup congratulations again Lahzy

@ Sweet15,

Thank you...I definitely hope you will hear some news about your EAD next week. Try to check the I-765 case number online everyday next week. It will come up when they approve your EAD.

I also hope I can have some news about my EAD. I already got the offer and the new company knows my current status (H1B, I-485 pending) but they will not sponsor me for H1B. They ask me to start working on 12/15. I hope I can have my EAD card befor that. Otherwise, I don't know if they are still willing to wait for my EAD.....:(

@ Sweet1031,

I believe you should have your EAD before 12/15. They should approve it by the first week of Dec. and you will get it in the mail after 1 week of approval.
Good luck.

I hope you get it by that time! Fingers crossed.