Oct/Nov 2002 tracker

Just wanted to add my info in the tracker.

FP2 done , no updates to Online message yet.

Any idea what would trigger the update, called FBI and they said the FP2 result was sent USCIS the same day.

Appreciate ur reply.

Thanks

FP2, is it always true?

Hi,
I'm wondering if there are cases in which people have been approved without getting their 2nd fingerprinting done? I applied for my I-485 in July 2003 in the EB2 category (first FP done in May 2004), could you please give me an idea as to when I might get the approval. Also, what is that time difference in approval with an EB2 and EB3. Please respond,
Sincerely,
San

Recd Date Oct-27 2002 I485
1st FP March 10 2003 (for both me and my wife)
2FP Sept 20 2004 for dependent only
Haven't gotten my 2nd FP notice yet

RFE generated for Wife - Need urgent advice

Hi,

My my I-485 RD is Oct 4th 2002. An RFE was generated for my wife (derivative of my application) on Oct 5 , this year.

Before this came about my wife and I already had made travel plans to travel to India at the end of Oct (everyone who has travelled to India b/w Oct-Dec knows the hassel of getting tickets for this time) and also got the Advance Parole accordingly.

Unfortunately my lawyers have still not received the RFE from the INS office and are saying it could take upto 30 days.

My question is that is it that what is the time frame a RFE has to be responded to. In case the RFE requires additional documentation that my lawyers need me to provide and I am overseas can they ask for some extra time?

Also is there any legal implication of being overseas if a RFE has been generated in ones case?

I am in a fix 'cause I'm not sure whether or not to cancel my travel plans with this RFE pending :confused:

I would appreciate advice on this matter and if any member has had or knows of a similar situation, I would be extremly grateful if you could share it with me.

Thanks.

For Kholsa ra's reply

Hello ,

I don't think you need to be so concerned about the RFE reply in hurry. I have received my RFE in Aug 6th and INS said I needed to reply by Oct 29 , Thought I alraedt reply my RFE and INS received it alraedy, So tehy atlease give 2 months of time to reply to RFE. Just tell your lawyer to send the copy of the RFE in your overseas address so taht you can be raedy with all the papers and then when you come back jsut reply the RFE.
I don't think INS gives any extension in date to reply the RFE, but they give enought time.
Have a nice journey and Relax..

My ND date of I-485 was

09/2002
RFE receive aug 6th
RFE replied Sep 22
INS received RFE Sep 29.

No updsate yet.
Thanks.

FP2 scheduled for Nov. 9 for Spouse and I

Finally some action ....

I485 RD/ND 11/02 12/02
1st FP 2/03

It seems lot of approvals for Oct 2002 cases. I am still waiting for my 2nd FP :-(.

EB3
485 RD : Sep 2002
485 ND : Oct 2002
1st FP : Jan 2003
3rd EAD : Aug 2004
2nd FP : Waiting
Approved : 2005 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
RD - Nov.7'02 -- Approved

FINALLY, as per online message, I-485 is approved for my and my wife.
_____
Details:
RD - Nov.7'02
FP1 - 12/16/02
FP2 - 6/18/04
RFE - 9/22/04 (Generated)
RFE - 10/4/04 (Received by us) - Non-availability of birth certificate, and Proof that marriage is legit.
RFE - 10/26/04 (Received by USCIS)
AP - 10/28/04.

FP2 received

Friends,

I just received my FP2 notice today. Can u pls tell me how long does it typically take to see any action/approval after the 2nd FP.

Ur i/p is valuable

sone oct 2002 data

*lin0302951 This case has been approved. On August 31, 2004,
lin0302951 On August 20, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CHICAGO
lin0302951 On July 13, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence
lin0302951 july 9 th finger prints received
lin0302951 approved nov 10
lin030295 case transferred to chicago
lin0302952 approved in oct 16
lin030295 aug 9 finger prints received
lin0302952 additional info received on jan 5 05
*lin0302952 oct 5 case transfer to milwake
lin0302952 approved aug 16
lin03029522 oct 7 finger prints received pending review
lin03029 approved oct 7
lin03029522 transfer to chicago sept 7
lin03029522 application recvd nov7 2002
*lin0302952 This case has been approved. On January 25, 2005,
*lin03029522 On January 7, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information.
lin0302952 On November 2, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in SEATTLE,
lin030295 Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on November 7, 2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude.. where's my approval.

I'm still going crazy.. per hour. Wonder what they are doing to approve my case. Have submitted the RFE for over 6 weeks now. Days becomes night and then day comes back again.. years have passed but no end to my misery.

Currys.

Wonder what's going on..

CIS seems like a gangster's operation!

I have no idea what's going on with the 2002 cases when most of the approvals I see is for 2003 cases. I knew these guys are saving their asses by keeping the immigrant community quiet. Just the same way they dealt with Rajiv Khanna's Lawsuit - approve the application - for the people who make noice. Seems like "Jiskee laathi uski bhains" policy here..

I've gotten to a point where I have no feeling. It all started with one application that has sucked 6 years outta my life. It doesnt seem there's an end at the end of tunnel - for all I know it could be a train heading my way. Feelings of anger turned into frustration that turned into sadness which inturn is turning into numbness. I have no words left any more to express monstrosity for CIS.

Totally, understand it's the price we pay for the life we choose - but wtf - life for a price of life? Geez this CIS is outta control. I hope these guys read the message board and share the frustration for one day.

Sorry - just had to vent out.

Currys.

me too

Sep 2002, RFE-May2004, 2nd FP Aug2004 waiting waiting waiting...................................................................

Unlucky or what...

Makes me sad to see another RFE generated. I have no idea what that RFE is about. The first one required B certificate and copy of I-94.

CIS recieved response on January 7, 2005. Called them few weeks last time for the update - only to find out a new RFE got generated.

Doesnt seem any end to the misery.

Currys!
:(

Does anyone from this group reads the posts anymore?

hey longtimers... please continue to share your thoughts here. We are all in teh same boat and would love to hear what's going on at your end.

Cheers!
Currys

Dude,
I think my case is long pending than anybody else.
RD 04/16/2002
ND 04/30/2002
Category EB2
got my 4th EAD approved on March 2005 valid until March 2006.
RFE recieved on Feb 17th 2004 No update until November Called INS got the 2ndFP on Nov 16th. After that no update.
Any suggestions? If I call INS cs, I am getting same answer to give more time for officer to review your case.
It is very frustrating.
Pls. Keep sharing your thought.

yep

XLOSUR said:
Dude,
I think my case is long pending than anybody else.
RD 04/16/2002
ND 04/30/2002
Category EB2
got my 4th EAD approved on March 2005 valid until March 2006.
RFE recieved on Feb 17th 2004 No update until November Called INS got the 2ndFP on Nov 16th. After that no update.
Any suggestions? If I call INS cs, I am getting same answer to give more time for officer to review your case.
It is very frustrating.
Pls. Keep sharing your thought.

frustrating it is for sure. All I can say at this point is that you have very valid point to write to the senator. If you have not done that yet I'd suggest you do that at the earliest.

I went to the senator's office few weeks back - just not applied formally - wanted to check out what they can do. They were extremely polite and told me that there are two people who handle this kinda immi status check. They talk to congressional liason @ NSC. So think that's a must step in your and mine case aswell. I do plan to do something about this a week after next. Have been traveling.

If you are like me - then you'd just wait - cuz I think about writing something and just feel bad for some reason. I mean the hours/days I ignore my GC thoughts seem to be the happiest.

Cheers!
Currys