OCT - 2001 filers

To dengdeng

Hi dengdeng:

I've asked Senator Kerry, Senator Kennedy, and Congressman William Delahunt for help. Which story shall I post about
"congressional frustration"?

Clueless123

clueless, you should post all in the story. use a name, don't use clueless. such as

congressional inquiries not helpful - Mr xxx of Massachusetts
has filed his EB2 485 cases in Oct 2001. His case has been pending for xxx days, much longer than the published normal processing time. Other Oct RD applicants got adjudicated as
early as in Sep 2002. Unfornuately, Mr. xxx's case has not been touched. Out of frustration, he contacted Senator xxx in xxx, and the office told him..... . Then he contacted another Senator. That office refused to help him. Without any updates on his case,
he has to contact local congressman, but got same answer back, call us back in 60 days. Mr xxx is frustrated by this green card ordeal, and he decided to write a letter to VSC director. However, VSC director is not known to be responsive to complaints and petitions.

something like this.

To dengdeng

Hi dengdeng:

I'll write a story soon. Probably will post it sometime tomorrow
on your dedicated thread for such stories.

Updated Petition Ready

Hi All:

An proof-read petition by a native English speaker is updated
in the original spot (titled "Petition On Behalf of October Filers" by Clueless123 ) in this thread, on Page 2.

Signature Sheet

485102001 and All:

Why don't we use a copy of our I-485 receipt as signature sheet?
In this way, they'll get all the information they need. Is this
a good idea?

cluless, will there be any negative actions on your cases?

but the worst probably is just transfer your cases, which actually is better. I'll read your petition.

cluessless, my two cents

Dear VSC Director:

This is to request your immediate attention to an urgent issue related to our EB based I-485 applications. We have suffered from tremendous emotional stress and financial loss as a result of a severe delay in processing our applications.

We filed our I-485 applications as early as October, 2001.
However, our cases have not been adjudicated so far.
Most of those applicants who filed their applications at about the same time as us and share a similar background were granted permanent residency almost a year ago. Even some applicants who filed their applications as late as April 2002 have received approvals recently.

The waiting time for our I-485 applications is over 22 months
so far, well beyond the maximum processing time limit. After completed second fingerprints for more than two months, no further actions have been taken on our cases. In contrary to our unfortunate situation, approval are issued to those who filed applications at a much later time than us. This unfairness has caused great anxiety to us, as day by day, we fear our cases were misplaced or lost.

During this unreasonably long delay, we have contacted BCIS and former INS numerous times for case status update. However, we got a standard answer each time - "if you do not hear any news in a month or two, call back." We've never heard any updates. To make the situation even more difficult, the Vermont Service Center has recently cancelled its customer service phone number, so we have no chance of speaking to an officer about our severely delayed applications since then.

Due to the delay, we have to redo our fingerprints, extend our
EAD documents multiple times, and apply for extra Advanced Parole documents for travel. These redundant measures not only cost us time and money, but also cause significant emotional strain and agony.

Perhaps we are victims of the reorganization of INS, now part of
the Department of Homeland Security, and a disorganized
security check process after the September 11th incident. During
the transition from INS to Homeland Security, and the addition of
a security check process, there was a "hole" created in the
operational procedures that has deeply affected a certain number
of individuals, including us.

So therefore, we respectfully request your immediate attention to
our applications to avoid any further delay and emotional
suffering in the interest of fairness, equal opportunity, and good
conscience. Your prompt response to this matter is vital and
would be very much appreciated!

my story

Here is my spouse's case details:

RD 10/1/2001
ND 11/19/2001
1st FP: 1/25/2002
2nd FP: 6/6/2003
NO RFE

My case was approved on 2/24/2003. My lawyer and I tried everything we can (call VSC, file inquiry through AILA, went to local BCIS, inquiry through NCSC, contact senator, file expedite request etc.) but no any progress.

Here is my story dealing with PA senator Santorum's Office:

On May 15th, first contacted the office, an officer 'Michelle' answered my call and told me she's going to contact BCIS soon, after 2 days, she called back and told me that BCIS found out they mistakenly separate my file with my spouse's and they are trying to correct this problem by appending her case back to my case and seems everything is on tack and asked me to call back in 2 weeks. I was very exited at that time.

May 28th, got the 2nd FP notice and went to Philadelphia office the next day and FP was received on 6/6 according online status.

June 10th, called Michelle back and she told me giving BCIS 2 weeks after FP to process and asked me to call back after 2 weeks.

June 20th, call Michelle again, she told me BCIS told her it need another 30-60 days from 2nd FP date to process the case and asked me to call back at end of July.

July 25th, called Michelle and was told BCIS is going to 'pull-out' my spouse's file and process it by next week since the 2-month mark is close. I was exited again by the news.

Aug. 5th, called Michelle and ask if the case was assigned and was told she did not remember what she told me last time about the file pulling and asked me call back in another 2 weeks.

Aug. 15th, called Michelle and surprised to know that she’s left her job already and a new person called 'Mary' took over her role. Since Michelle did NOT assign the case to anybody, so I have to start all over again to explain the whole situation to Mary again and she agree to make an inquiry again to BCIS and asked me to call back in 2 days.

Today (Aug. 17th), I called Mary and was told BCIS will contact us as long as the decision is made? I just want to laugh and pointed out to her that's mean nothing and tried to draw her attention that the case has been pending almost 23 months, She said 'BCIS has done their best to do their job and just be patient and good luck.' I can't believe what I heard. Seems she work for BCIS rather than tax payer! I knew it's no sense to continue the conversation and got off the line after thanked her politely.

That's the whole process I went through the senator's office, so frustrate!

Dengdeng and anybody, does ask for help from local organization such as Korean Association or the Church writing a letter on behalf of me to local congressmen may help?

Kia. you know what? I think that Michelle is a summer intern.
Each senator office hired about 50 interns in summer time.
That's why she left the job.

can you write your story on my story thread? sounds interesting, a monitoring of case updates.

to dengdeng

I don't think Michelle is a summer intern, the reason:

1. iwas told she is the only one in charge the immigration affairs at Philly's local office at the time I first contacted the office

2. her voice is kinda old, at least 45+

3. she knows immigration much better than Mary who is an 50+ old lady.

I don't understand why michelle didn't told me she's going to leave when I called 2 weeks ago.

Do you think congressmen Elton Gallegly at CA district 24 is in favor of immigration? may i contact congressmen from other district?

I'll post it in your thread.

kia you can only contact one congressman, since you only belong to one district. However, you can contact either of two senators

You didn't rewrite your story to the format we use.

dengdeng:

Originally posted by dengdeng
cluless, will there be any negative actions on your cases?

but the worst probably is just transfer your cases, which actually is better. I'll read your petition.

Hi dengdeng,

Did you mean that sending such petition will jeopardize the applicants ? Why would you think so ? Please let me know if you are saying this on some real info or just your gut feeling.

We definately do not want to spoil our chances and your post got me thinking. Will appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

since we don't encounter law officials in our life time, we don't really know what will happen. But I don't think this letter will do any harm. Simply tell them to work on the long delayed cases, not a national threat, not a harrassment.

I haven't heard of anything negative of sending letters to VSC director. But better consult a lawyer before take any actions.
That person who wrote the letter to VSC director, who is his lawyer, seems the lawyer is pretty smart. Maybe you guys can
chip in to pay that lawyer help you?

I hope our petition will help you guys. Actually, if VSC work hard
on 485 cases solely, I think all Oct backlog cases can be approved in one day.

To dengdeng

Hi dengdeng:

I'll work intensively on the petition for Oct filers and I won't
have time to write my story until next week. Will that be OK?
Thanks for your comments on the petition. I'll take a look later.

To All Oct Filers

Hi 485102001 and All:

Now we have written a solid letter to petition to the Director
of the VSC. Hopefully this will speed up the process for
our cases.

United we stand! They will listen to our voices when
there are enough number of people signing the petition.

If you are an unfortunate Oct filer, please help us all and
help yourself by sparing a few minutes and send the following
info

Name, I-485 Receipt #, RD, ND, and your alias on this web site.

to both

gc_485102001@yahoo.com (485102001) and
voyager_6666@yahoo.com (Clueless123 )

485102001 and Clueless123 will work on compiling a list of
applicants to be sent with the petition letter. In this way,
the BCIS may expedite the cases on the list.

Petition Schedule

Here's a working agenda for the petition:

1) Friday - Collect case info:
Every Oct filer should sumbit their case info to
gc_485102001@yahoo.com (485102001)
and voyager_6666@yahoo.com (Clueless123)
by this coming Friday. To repeat, sucn info includes
your name, your I-485 Receipt #, RD, ND, and your alias
on this forum;

2) Sasturday - Finalize the petition:
485102001 and Clueless123 will work on the final version
with the compiled cases info this weekend. Will send out
the document to your yahoo account for your review sometime
on Saturday.

3) Monday - Collect feedback:
You can then review the final document and check on any
error related to your own case data. You please send your
feedback to 485102001 and Clueless123 by Monday. This will
allow some time for us to accommodate your suggested
changes;

4) Tuesday - Deliver the petition to the VSC Director:
485102001 will deliver the package via Fedex.

Please note if your home state is not within the VSC range,
such as California, Texas, or Florida, please don't join
the petition. We want the VSC to expedite the included cases.
There's nothing they can do about your case if it belongs
to a different service center. We don't want the VSC to get
irritated.

Finally Approved!

Hi All:

I couldn't believe what I saw when I checked my case
status online tonight. It read:

"This case has been approved. On August 20, 2003, an
approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and
you have not received this notice, you may wish to
verify or update your address. "

I had almost lost my hope when I got this news.
I truly appreciate the encouragement and advice
all of you have offered me, especially your willingness
to listen to my stories and to share your opinions.

I guess I won't join the petition for Oct filers then.
But I'd like to assist in anyway I can. I'm certain
your days will come soon enough that your equal share
deserves.

Everything about the petition is in good standing. You
have every reason to believe this may bring the
result you are waiting for.

Great working with you!

Clueless123

2nd FP: 6/6/2003
AD: 8/20/2003