OCT - 2001 filers

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I don't know how many of RD in OCT-2001 are left behind. I know for sure I am.

Apart from trying individual avenues for Senator & Congressman route - do you think we can do something that will appeal to the VSC to really focus & expedite the OCT-2001 and other backlog cases ?

I don't know if they will ever go back to OCT-2001 or other pending cases.

I am OK with the new petition attempt but just concerned that will it be like getting lost in the Sea of petition signers.

I don't know - really getting scared and desperate and loosing hope over my situation.

Please respond - especially if your RD is OCT-2001.

Thanks.
--------------------
RD: 10/26/2001
FP: 04/04/2002
--------------------

Oct Filer

To be honest with you, I feel the BCIS will never touch my
case. I don't have any hope at all.

dengdeng,

That's what is really concerning me. I seen Aug - 01 then Nov - 01 but nothing with Oct - 01.

Also noticed that those in Oct - 01 have atleast recd RFE which indicates that there case has been touched.

For me there has been no RFE - so no clue if any officer ever got assigned to it.

FYI: Attorney has given up and says they cannot do anything unless I wish to "File a Writ of Mandamus" which forces VSC to make a decision but warned that there are more chances of negative decision.

Is today's chat at 8 pm ET still on schedule ?

Thanks.

485102001,. have you contacted senators.

can you write a letter to VSC director, someone on this board did that and get approved in 1 day. search my old posts

clueless,

Are you aware how many of Oct - 2001 are really left behind. Is it a less than 10 count ?

In which case can we meet and try to send a request of the handful applicants to the VSC director and Mr. Prakash Khatri or some real good Congressman ?

Thanks.

dengdeng,

I did contact Senator Feinstein. Their office recd my papers last week. So I think they may look into my case only end of this month.

I was thinking of writing to the VSC director but wondered if we (all the remaining Oct-2001) all wrote then :

1) It will put in more weight

2) Don't have to fear of jeopardizing any individual application

Thanks.

but if it's a general problem, it takes time for them to solve it. I would suggest read that thread and ask that person about the letter

I am one of the Oct's one.

I have no Idea what to do other than just waiting.

------------------------
RD 10/19/2001
ND 11/27/2001
FP 02/14/2001
RFE 12/09/2002
2nd FP 06/19/2003
AD ??????
-----------------------

Another Oct-2001 filer

I am still waiting for approval. I have been scanning the cases EAC-02-050-54* Which are (ND Nov 29, 2001) but RD is in between (Oct 11- Oct 17) . There are 13 485 cases pending still. The only update happened this month was a case got transferred to Washington DC yesterday.. So I guess that's the statistics. Hope it helps

To 485102001

Hi 485102001:

I think it's a good idea to write a letter to the VSC director
on behalf of us whose are Oct filers. I volunteer to write
this letter.

FYI, there were 61 Oct filers who signed the last petition
whose home states are MA, VA, DC, DE, OH, NY, NJ, ect
belonging to the VSC. I can't say there 61 left because
there were people who didn't sign the petition.

I'll post a draft no later than this weekend for your review.

Clueless123

_________
RD: 10/9/2001
ND: 11/24/2001

ME TOO :(

Count me in 10/01/2001, I had called in JUL and they sent me a written response that my FP has expired and I was sent a redo FP notice, FYI neither me nor my lawyer has received any 2nd FP notice to date.

I am not sure I also had called regarding my address change in the same period I am not sure if that screwed up the second FP, but my lawyer also did not receive anything so that means VSC screwed up.

This is really causing lot of stress, I am applying for 2nd AP/3rd EAD next week as I don't want to taek any chances with BCIS.

DengDeng:

Can you have any prediction whether mt case was touched by officer or it is just collecting dust.....

RD 10/01/01
NOTHING

response count so far

So far only 6 replies from OCT-2001 pending cases:

-----------------
Clueless123
Khan_bacha
DesiChora
Ganeshahelp
forum123
-----------------

Clueless,

I will look forward to the draft. I think and hope this gameplan works. If we address to the VSC Director with acute number of cases then we can hope the VSC Director will look into it. If this works then I think remaining pending cases can follow suit.

Also individually let's not stop the senator and congressman avenues. Though I will have to give Feinstein a months before I can call their office.

>>

Even I am doing nth number of filing AP and EAD. VSC definately is making money from the unfortunates. They really made us suffer both mentally and financially.

Thanks.

RD: 10/26/2001
FP: 04/04/2002
---------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
RD Oct 25, 2001

ND Dec. 03, 2001
Moved to TSC jurisdiction in Apr. 2002, informed VSC re. address change
2nd FP Jul 8, 2003(On the scheduled date) in Dallas
I-140 approved for CP.
AD ---