OCI - Washington DC Tracker

To All who got ACKNOWLEDGED

As mine and my family packets are toggling between Consulate and me for the past 2 and half months, I became so desperate and anxious to see the status as "ACKNOWLEDGED" for both of my packets. Is there any specific hour of the day(like 10, 12,3, 5 etc) these baba's follow to change the status of the application. Share your experience please.

I was never so desperate to see the status for GC or Ctzen, but this OCI has wrecked me down.

As mine and my family packets are toggling between Consulate and me for the past 2 and half months, I became so desperate and anxious to see the status as "ACKNOWLEDGED" for both of my packets. Is there any specific hour of the day(like 10, 12,3, 5 etc) these baba's follow to change the status of the application. Share your experience please.

I was never so desperate to see the status for GC or Ctzen, but this OCI has wrecked me down.

VM - I totally agree with you. This is really frustating.

I have tried calling them at different times of the day, but noone ever picks up the phone, when you get VM - you cannot leave any messages because the mail boxes are full. Have sent several emails to them, nobody ever bothers to reply.

In this Facebook / Tweeter era, you can reach anyone at anytime and anywhere on this planet, but you cannot reach anyone at the Indian consulate - in Washington DC.

Guys - I cannot believe I made such a dumb mistake..

When I sent my package the very 1st time way back in April. I had jotted down the Registration numbers on my desk calender.
After that since I had been checking my status online 3/4 times daily, I had memorized all the 4 Reg. numbers.

Over the week-end, I just pulled out the envelope which had copies of the documents I had sent. Just our of curiousity I thought
of re-checking the Registration numbers and I found out that I had made a mistake.

The registration numbers I had written down were - USAW12345678 /679 /680 /681
Whereas they were actually USAWI not USAW (1).
Since the I was not crossed at the top and bottom - if you look at it in a hurry it looks like 1.
Secondly the prefix of USAW makes sense with W standing for Washington DC.

I checked my status today with the correct Reg. numbers and 3 / 4 of the applications were
ACKNOWLEDGED on 6/14/10 and all formalities completed on 7/1/10.
The 4th application was acknowledged on 7/1/10 - I have no idea what caused the delay
for the 4th application. I will be sending the 3 passports on Monday 7 /12/10.

I wanted to share this with all of you - so that nobody else makes the same mistake I made.

GC2USC,
Cool dude, good to hear that, finally your weekend was good. Congrats Buddy you are almost there.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have seen status changes in the early morning ... and around noon

GC2USC,
That is good to hear..... congratulations..... you are almost there....
Thanks for sharing the I verus 1 episode...... Glad you found it at the right time..

Cheers!!!
V!

GC2USC,
That is good to hear..... congratulations..... you are almost there....
Thanks for sharing the I verus 1 episode...... Glad you found it at the right time..

Cheers!!!
V!

Thanks a Ton GC4US. Yes I am Glad I caught it at the right time.
Cheers to you !!

Birth place information in SC

While filling the SC form, did you write all the details of the birth place or just the place as in Indian passport?
That small blank line is not going to hold all the information they have asked for..... Tehsil, District, State and Country...:confused::confused:

Thanks,
V!

While filling the SC form, did you write all the details of the birth place or just the place as in Indian passport?
That small blank line is not going to hold all the information they have asked for..... Tehsil, District, State and Country...:confused::confused:

Thanks,
V!

Just what you have in your Indian Passport ... you will confuse them if you put anything else ;-)

Just what you have in your Indian Passport ... you will confuse them if you put anything else ;-)

Thanks Sam. I was unsure if we should write the district, state and country part.......
The passport has the place (City name) only..... I guess that (place) should be fine...

Thanks again,
V!

Guys - I cannot believe I made such a dumb mistake..

When I sent my package the very 1st time way back in April. I had jotted down the Registration numbers on my desk calender.
After that since I had been checking my status online 3/4 times daily, I had memorized all the 4 Reg. numbers.

Over the week-end, I just pulled out the envelope which had copies of the documents I had sent. Just our of curiousity I thought
of re-checking the Registration numbers and I found out that I had made a mistake.

The registration numbers I had written down were - USAW12345678 /679 /680 /681
Whereas they were actually USAWI not USAW (1).
Since the I was not crossed at the top and bottom - if you look at it in a hurry it looks like 1.
Secondly the prefix of USAW makes sense with W standing for Washington DC.

I checked my status today with the correct Reg. numbers and 3 / 4 of the applications were
ACKNOWLEDGED on 6/14/10 and all formalities completed on 7/1/10.
The 4th application was acknowledged on 7/1/10 - I have no idea what caused the delay
for the 4th application. I will be sending the 3 passports on Monday 7 /12/10.

I wanted to share this with all of you - so that nobody else makes the same mistake I made.

Oh my my! Thanks so much GC2USC. I was making the same dumb mistake. I see the acknowledgement now that I fixed my I versus 1. They just acknowledged all the 3 applications on Thursday and it shows under process. Wow! You made my day. Thanks so much.

Oh my my! Thanks so much GC2USC. I was making the same dumb mistake. I see the acknowledgement now that I fixed my I versus 1. They just acknowledged all the 3 applications on Thursday and it shows under process. Wow! You made my day. Thanks so much.

You are most welcome Vigneshwar. I am happy that your applications are acknowledged.
The Ack. part takes long, after that it moves pretty quick. Good Luck to you.

finally granted and appoved.

Hello
Thank you all. You are all such a great people. I have printed my entry visa online. I am going to apply today by mail. When I am in DC on 30th of this month. I will walk in personally and enquiry about it.

Thanks Chola and everyone on this forum. I went to embassy personal on 30th june. That is nightmare in the office, anyways (DESI) style work env, I have to wait 1 hour to just a call and everyone is freee or chit chating in the office.

My problem was when I sent my photos with application are not bright enough they rejected or not uploaded properly, but they did not inform me in anyway , until I went there personally. The guy who works there , told me to get new set of photos, So I have to get my photos down in DC downtown, gave to him.

Finally my application moved forward and approved, granted, printed, received at DC. I have sent my US passport today. Waiting for my OCI card.

Thank you CHOLA for your valuable suggestions on these forum.

Thanks

Did anyone send docs end of June and got ackd? Mine delivered on 6/29. Waiting patiently :-(

Embasssy Recieved Packet on 28-JUN- 2010
Date Of Acknowledgment 08-JUL-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 10-JUL-2010
Registration Status Granted On 14-JUL-2010
Documents Printed On 16-JUL-2010
Documents Dispatched on 19-JUL-2010

Last edited by a moderator: