OCI - Washington DC Tracker

SO MANY RETURNS ..............AND SO MUCH OF CONFUSIONS..... FOR GETTING THIS STAMPING / CANCELLATIONS......
LET GOD BE WITH US.

STUPID GUYS IN THAT DEPARTMENT.

THIS DEPARTMENT IS SO UN-PROFESSIONAL...........IT IS HIGH TIME.........THEY NEED A REPLACEMENT OF STAFF.....
A FULL WHITE WASH IS NEEDED......
SEND THOSE BUNCH OF GUYS BACK HOME AND GET SOME GOOD PROFESSIONAL GUYS FOR BETTER.

None of these will help. They are used to working like that in Govt. Offices in India. It Does not matter to them if they are working in Washington DC or London,
for them it is a SARKARI DAFTAR and things will get done as per their will and wish.

Come to think of it - After spending a few years in USA - we get used to a level of customer service and expect the same from these Babus which is non-existant.

OCI Applications acknowledged

Just now I found online that our (2 minor sons and my) OCI applications, which I mailed by UPS to the Indian Embassy, Washington DC on June 14, have been acknowledged on June 27 and photo/signature are scanned on Jun 28

RC66

ok so today its been 7 business days I sent my PPTs and I have not seen anything back from them, really not sure what is going on ... will wait for few more days before I start worrying about this whole thing again... now that they have my US PPTs too.

There's definitely a slow down at DC. Not sure whats causing it. Maybe summitman will be able to get some info.

I am guessing my OCI delivery slowed down due to the dates and the rules of SC cos my case was Ack'ed on June 1st, the day new guidelines came and they may be trying to get clarification on whether to issue me a refund of $155 or let me fight for :)

Most likely I would have to fight for it though... I just hope I get everything back first.

They can keep the money. I just want the OCI process over with.
Desi's protesting & sending nasty emails trying to get $150 is definitely not helping those awaiting approvals.

They wldn't dare to send such emails to the uscis!

I agree for the most part ... but here the issue is really the incompatibility of the process and the time lines that Indian Embassy tried to enforce which backfired and they will have to deal with this protest from desi's and yes, it is going to impact all of us if you make them upset, even though its not our fault ... thats the desi mentality we are talking about here.

I tell you, very rarely you would see something like this being done by USCIS, and they would probably won't give you any reason to send the nasty communications to them.

The best way to force the new SC rule would've been the increase in FEES in all areas, for Indian Born US Citizens, to accommodate the extra work load that may require to "Stamp" the "Cancel" on the Indian passport, along with a specific DATE. Rather than introducing a whole new fee for SC which really means nothing as per Indian Laws.

Received Indian Passports along with the Canceled Indian passport.

I thank all the moderators of this web site and Rajiv Khanna, who facilitated this site which has loads of information that can be helpful.

Though I was passive on this site, I was reading most of the posts. With my experience in Immigration journey(India to USA), my humble suggestion is to have patience and be meticulous and cautious at every step.

Best regards to all the folks who in this path.

Received Indian Passports along with the Canceled Indian passport.

I thank all the moderators of this web site and Rajiv Khanna, who facilitated this site which has loads of information that can be helpful.

Though I was passive on this site, I was reading most of the posts. With my experience in Immigration journey(India to USA), my humble suggestion is to have patience and be meticulous and cautious at every step.

Best regards to all the folks who in this path.

Congrats Trip.. I am glad it is over for you.

Also reading your post gave some hope. Otherwise it was looking like they had stopped working or processing anything.

Its over for me friends, I received my passports along with OCI stamp and booklet yesterday... no refunds were issued, the "Canceled" stamp was placed on June 4th so I think I do have a real chance to dispute the extra fees. Here is my final time line:

OCI Progress
04/16/2010: Citizenship Date
04/23/2010: Passport Recd
04/26/2010: OCI Docs 2 DC
04/27/2010: RECD at DC
05/20/2010: RECD Docs back
05/21/2010: OCI Docs 2 DC (AGAIN)
05/24/2010: RECD at DC
06/01/2010: Ack'ed
06/07/2010: Scanned
06/08/2010: Granted
06/11/2010: Printed
06/15/2010: Dispatched
06/17/2010: Received at DC
06/21/2010: Mailed US Passports to DC
06/22/2010: Passports received at DC
07/01/2010: OCI Received by Me

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats sam. i guess i can expect my kid's PP any day now.
as far me & my wife, the wait continues......

its over for me friends, i received my passports along with oci stamp and booklet yesterday... No refunds were issued, the "canceled" stamp was placed on june 4th so i think i do have a real chance to dispute the extra fees. Here is my final time line:

oci progress
04/16/2010: Citizenship date
04/23/2010: Passport recd
04/26/2010: Oci docs 2 dc
04/27/2010: Recd at dc
05/20/2010: Recd docs back
05/21/2010: Oci docs 2 dc (again)
05/24/2010: Recd at dc
06/01/2010: Ack'ed
06/07/2010: Scanned
06/08/2010: Granted
06/11/2010: Printed
06/15/2010: Dispatched
06/17/2010: Received at dc
06/21/2010: Mailed us passports to dc
06/22/2010: Passports received at dc
07/01/2010: Oci received by me

congrats sam.. I am glad you are done with these babus.

No dude, I didn't take any chance and send them $20 for mail. They sent it out via UPS Next Day Air - Signature Required... I received a call in the morning from UPS automated service that somebody needs to be home to sign the package or else they would leave a note outside.

Guess what, nobody was home and they did not leave a note either ..... but they left the envelop outside the door .... take this they left the most important items of my life outside the door, unattended ... I was very pissed at the UPS folks, but took a positive from this, atleast I didn't have to go pick it up from their office :)) and I have all intact.

Any of you Guys had any luck with the progess of your cases? Kindly share your updates.

Same here, no progress. I am unable to understand what should be my next step. I have sent my wife and kids application in third week of june after waiting for long time to receive mine from consulate so I can club them togeather but till date none of them are acknowledged nor returned.

The only person I remember is APARNAS who submitted her OCI but not sure if the application was acknowledged till date.

Things that should happen in 30 days didn't start after 60 plus days. Really it is nervous wreck process

Any of you Guys had any luck with the progess of your cases? Kindly share your updates.

We sent our applications [2 minor kids and myself] on June 14 to DC embassy. It reached them on June 15. So far all three applications got acknowledged and assigned a file number on June 27, photo/signature are scanned on June 28, as I saw online. But after June 28 there is no further development with our applications till date!!

RC66