OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Well they should be, and I am with you on that, I am sure going to miss the mail man hope to go and pick it up at UPS office when mine comes back.

I am sending a cover letter with the kids PP.
do you think I shd request them to process my appl & my wife's appl in the same letter?

I am sending a cover letter with the kids PP.
do you think I shd request them to process my appl & my wife's appl in the same letter?

As I said before, let the kids OCI come, than try to contact them ... if you mention anything about your case in this letter that may jeopardize your kids OCI deliver in time.

summit,
keep us posted on your oci situation - when you go to the embassy.
i am curious to know how they respond to walk-in enquiries.

Well I sent my PPT on Monday and they received it on Tuesday, so I am just crossing my finger to receive something tomorrow :)

summit,

Sure Chola,

I will be at OCI cell on June 30th at or around 8AM and see what happens. I will update you . But one question, what are all the documents do I have to carry with me to show them at OCI cell.

Thanks
Summit

How long it's taking for acknowledgeing OCI application?

I sent OCI applications for our two minor sons and myself by UPS on June 14 to Washington DC. It was delivered on June 15. So far I checked the website for acknowledgement of our applications, but they're not acknowledged yet! Can anybody please tell me if they sent their application to DC embassy around June 14/15 and already got acknowledgement?

Thanks.

RC66

I sent OCI applications for our two minor sons and myself by UPS on June 14 to Washington DC. It was delivered on June 15. So far I checked the website for acknowledgement of our applications, but they're not acknowledged yet! Can anybody please tell me if they sent their application to DC embassy around June 14/15 and already got acknowledgement?

Thanks.

RC66

My documents were delivered on June 3rd and nothing yet.

I started this process end of April - documents were sent back twice, now its been almost three weeks since the documents have been delivered - no activity yet.

SO MANY RETURNS ..............AND SO MUCH OF CONFUSIONS..... FOR GETTING THIS STAMPING / CANCELLATIONS......
LET GOD BE WITH US.

STUPID GUYS IN THAT DEPARTMENT.

IT IS HIGH TIME THEY PROVIDE IN THEIR WEBSITE
"A LIST OF DOCUMENTS WITH SAMPLES (APPLICABLE FEEs ETC)"
SO THAT THEY DO NOT BUG OTHERS.

THIS DEPARTMENT IS SO UN-PROFESSIONAL...........IT IS HIGH TIME.........THEY NEED A REPLACEMENT OF STAFF.....
A FULL WHITE WASH IS NEEDED......
SEND THOSE BUNCH OF GUYS BACK HOME AND GET SOME GOOD PROFESSIONAL GUYS FOR BETTER.

SORRY TO SAY THIS............BUT THAT IS HOW IT LOOKS LIKE......GOING BY THE PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED BY EVERY ONE.......

Last edited by a moderator:
summit,

they have notices everywhere in the walk-in area (basement) which say something like 'questions about OCI applications will NOT be entertained' and they list the numbers to call. i tried to ask an OCI related question anyway at the counter and i was told the same thing. the best way would be to make an appointment with someone in the oci cell (of course if you can get through).

My documents were delivered on June 3rd and nothing yet.

I started this process end of April - documents were sent back twice, now its been almost three weeks since the documents have been delivered - no activity yet.

GC2USC
I have the same problem my application along with passport and money order were delivered on june 3rd and there is no ack or return mail as I was expecting they would be back for sending a photo copy of the second set. I have also the original paper cuttings of the indian paper for name change advertisement along with US paper cut, since I am not hearing anything from them I am getting nervous it almost a month now. I am having nightmare of lost passport and the rest of things which I struggled to get everything arranged to send the application.

GC2USC, please let me know if you hear anything from them or trying to resolve this issue in any way, so I can follow you.

GC2USC
I have the same problem my application along with passport and money order were delivered on june 3rd and there is no ack or return mail as I was expecting they would be back for sending a photo copy of the second set. I have also the original paper cuttings of the indian paper for name change advertisement along with US paper cut, since I am not hearing anything from them I am getting nervous it almost a month now. I am having nightmare of lost passport and the rest of things which I struggled to get everything arranged to send the application.

GC2USC, please let me know if you hear anything from them or trying to resolve this issue in any way, so I can follow you.

VM - I can understand your nervousness. But there is nothing we can do at this point. We are at the mercy of these Sarkari Babus.

I had sent them an email last week requesting status of my applications, but there was no response to that.

I will keep you posted on any new developments.