OCI - Washington DC Tracker

how long does it typically take for the embassy to ack the application? my app was delivered yesterday afternoon and the onlien status reads: This case is not yet acknowledged by Mission
thanks!

I am still struggling with my case but when I see the timeline for the recent cases it takes 5 to 6 busines days to show as acknowledged else you should see the UPS guy at your door step. In my case twice it happened the same way the third time it took two weeks for them to send it back to me.

how long does it typically take for the embassy to ack the application? my app was delivered yesterday afternoon and the onlien status reads: This case is not yet acknowledged by Mission
thanks!

I have seen applications get ack as soon as 2/3 days from receipt to 3/4 weeks from date of receipt.
Even with all the current mess up, there are members whose app. have been ack within a week from date of receipt and steady progess after that. Sam's case is an example.

Congrats Sam, Looks like your case is progressing well. Good Luck...

GC2USC
Can you please tell me what should be the right answer for question number 16 in Part B of OCI application? Does US permits some form or the other dual citizenship?

Thanks.

RC66

vm1214 and GC2USC, thank you both for your replies... guess i have to wait till (at least) end of next week.

vm1214, hope your case is making progress now... very unfortunate how it was returned so many times instead of a simple phone call/ email. why do they take all of that contact info if they dont use it... very unfortunate how poorly staffed the embassy is when there is such a large volume of applications.

GC2USC
Can you please tell me what should be the right answer for question number 16 in Part B of OCI application? Does US permits some form or the other dual citizenship?

Thanks.

RC66

RC66, The answer to that question is YES.

vm1214 and GC2USC, thank you both for your replies... guess i have to wait till (at least) end of next week.

vm1214, hope your case is making progress now... very unfortunate how it was returned so many times instead of a simple phone call/ email. why do they take all of that contact info if they dont use it... very unfortunate how poorly staffed the embassy is when there is such a large volume of applications.

Aparnas,
Due to large volume may be they don't have time to call or email each person with the application problem and keep the pile of unwanted papers. I am waiting for my individual documents to be returned, so I can send the whole family's documents togeather.

New change in Documents to be submitted!!!!!!

Guys,
Please look at the new rules for documents to be send along with OCI application on the website ----Notarized copies are almost gone with the wind.

Yep, they changed on Saturday as I was getting ready to prepare my package based on old list. Some of the documents required for name change are vague (see below). Not sure what the heck they mean by this. The US Passport is given based on your NC so if you have a new name it is on both that is confirmation by itself. They removed all the old stuff about affidavit, ads in US and India. I have done all that and now they changed it again. If only USCIS gave me court order, which could have helped my case, which I did get not as I dropped my middle name and they said I don't need it. I made 3 trips to USCIS and they firmly said "you did not change your name but dropped your middle name so no court order is required". Go figure..

h. In case of change of name, addition or deletion in a part of name (if it differs in cancelled Indian passport and present U.S. passport), document proving name change from competent authorities.

The OCI info page looks better now. I would'nt complain.
I hope they can improve communication & processing feedback. The oci tracking page seems to go down a lot - time to outsource.

The OCI info page looks better now. I would'nt complain.
I hope they can improve communication & processing feedback. The oci tracking page seems to go down a lot - time to outsource.

Chola, If I am not mistaken you also have a middle name issue, did you hear anything about your middle name issue or are you still waiting?

Chola, If I am not mistaken you also have a middle name issue, did you hear anything about your middle name issue or are you still waiting?

If your first & last are intact, just apply without making a big deal about the middle. They'll get back to you if they need more info.
They know Indian names are complicated.

Same for my kids sam - dispatched on 15th.
no updates for me & my wife.

They love you so much, they decided to keep in touch with you for a longer period of time ... just trying to find humor ... I hope you guys case should be picked as soon as possible ...

Positives, atleast your kids have no issues with the OCI processing, I am sure that was the hard part as they would require more documentation for them than us.

Same for my kids sam - dispatched on 15th.
no updates for me & my wife.

are they processing a family's application separately for each fam member? i thought the whole point of applying as a family was that you are grouped together.

New change in Documents to be submitted!!!!!!

Guys,
Please look at the new rules for documents to be send along with OCI application on the website ----Notarized copies are almost gone with the wind.

Take a note of the Surrender Certificate form if you prepared it before 6/13 but have not mailed your OCI or SC, as it has changed not sure when but I am thinking on 6/13/10 that is when I noticed the new info. But it has items 5,6 (father's name and date of birth) newly added. Back to the notary again....

Hello All,

We received our US Passports with U Visa and OCI booklets today. I am still waiting for Indian passports that were sent along with US Passports.

Regards