OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Same here, no progress. I am unable to understand what should be my next step. I have sent my wife and kids application in third week of june after waiting for long time to receive mine from consulate so I can club them togeather but till date none of them are acknowledged nor returned.

The only person I remember is APARNAS who submitted her OCI but not sure if the application was acknowledged till date.

Things that should happen in 30 days didn't start after 60 plus days. Really it is nervous wreck process

I have sent them several emails - but not a single reply.

Have tried calling all the numbers on their website, but no one ever picks up the phone, if you get voice mail, you cannot even leave a message - because all the mail boxes are full. That goes to show that these guys donot even check their voice mails.

Just got an update from my wife, which I felt good even though it is not good. My application along with the passport has been returned which I was expecting from last one month plus. finally I received it back. I will resend in a day or two at the max.

That is good new RC66, your case is going in right pace. Consider the long weekend, your case should be moving now again.

Just got an update from my wife, which I felt good even though it is not good. My application along with the passport has been returned which I was expecting from last one month plus. finally I received it back. I will resend in a day or two at the max.

What was the reason for sending it back?

Guys,

I am in the same boat as many of you.

Here is a brief history

Family packet was returned back to me by mistake. ( I had a gotten a temp visa and had my passport cancelled before and so I did not send the original passport but I had sent my wife's passport). I think they got confused and sent back the whole packet.

Well, now to reduce the confusion, I sent mine seperately as a individual application and my wife and kid's in another family packet and have been waiting for 3 weeks to get a acknowledgement but no luck yet. So I have new registration numbers now and I have abandoned the first regis number. I am concerned if that will be a problem. My main concern is that when I check the registration number in the (forgotten ur registration number section) in their website it still is showing up the old family packet regis number. The packet has not come back but since there is no good way to reach anybody I am totally in dark as to what to do.

I have a India trip plan in 3 months and I wonder if I can get my Wife a visa while her original passprt is stuck in the application. Really frustating.

Any thoughts would help.

--Vignesh

First of all SAM, Congratulations for completion of your OCI case.
Well the reason should be (as I didn't see yet) the second set of documents are the copy of set 1 originals.

Thanks, well can't win here, cos thats the major requirement to have 2 sets --- can't they use copy? After all they would be scanning all the documents in their computers right? What is such a big urge of forcing people to send 2 original sets? I could never understand this requirement...

Guys,

I am in the same boat as many of you

Vignesh,
Did you find the reason for return in the cover letter they sent you along with the family packet? Are you in receipt of Surrender certificate for your cancelled passport as per the new rule? For any mistake they find in any applicant in the packet, consulate sends the whole packet back.

There should not be any problem for splitting the family packet into two and have two different registration number. Why are you checking "forgotten section" instead of "online registration" section?

don't worry about the display about "older registration number" that is their software glitch.(Programmer issue)

I am trying to dig into your problem, hence asked questions. If you are doing everything right chill for couple of weeks you should hear something from them.

Thanks VM for your words.

There was a standard one pager that said that I needed to send the passport. When I got a 6 months visa thru travisa outsourcing they had cancelled my passport and I am in posession of my INDIAN assport that has a cancelled - acquired US Citzenship stamp. Not the surrender certificate. But according to OCI steps they said that if you are in possesion of the passort with a valid cancelled stamp then it is OK to just send the notarized copy and no need for the original.

I do not have surrender certificate. is that a problem? but then they should have sent the packet back.....

For your other question, obviously I went to Online Registration to get the new registration number and print the Part A and B when I sent back my application seperately as a Individual Packet. Since the status enquiry has not been yielding any results, I tried to see if the registration number is in their Database since when printing the Part and part B, we get a message - records successfully created but their system bug scared me thinking that I should have resent the same application using the registration number already in their system instead of sending it with newer ones.

Thanks again VM.

In the worst case, that I do not hear from them in 3 months and I need to go to India with family. Will my wife, whose passport is stuck with them get a temporary visa without sending the India passport to the visa processing center Travisa Outsourcing?

-Vignesh

That is good new RC66, your case is going in right pace. Consider the long weekend, your case should be moving now again.

vm1214
I hope your words become true, let's see. I'll keep the forum posted when I'll see any further development with our applications.

RC66

Same here, no progress. I am unable to understand what should be my next step. I have sent my wife and kids application in third week of june after waiting for long time to receive mine from consulate so I can club them togeather but till date none of them are acknowledged nor returned.

The only person I remember is APARNAS who submitted her OCI but not sure if the application was acknowledged till date.

Things that should happen in 30 days didn't start after 60 plus days. Really it is nervous wreck process

i have updated my signature with all my info. vm1214, hope that you get an ack from them soon. it definitely is a nerve-wracking process.

could anyone share how long it takes after you mail the US ppts to them?

Last edited by a moderator:
i have updated my signature with all my info. vm1214, hope that you get an ack from them soon. it definitely is a nerve-wracking process.

Congrats aparnas for a great progress in your case ... it took me 8 business days to get it all back after i sent my US PPT to them. It will be completely tensed 10 days I would say cos, you won't know if they have your PPTs or if they are going to send it back or if they are going to send it to someone else or if they really make no mistakes and send you everything back ....

NO TRACKING AT ALL after the "Documents Received at DC" tracker... which is really annoying ... but in the end I did receive everything back and life is normal now :)

Congrats aparnas for a great progress in your case ... it took me 8 business days to get it all back after i sent my US PPT to them. It will be completely tensed 10 days I would say cos, you won't know if they have your PPTs or if they are going to send it back or if they are going to send it to someone else or if they really make no mistakes and send you everything back ....

NO TRACKING AT ALL after the "Documents Received at DC" tracker... which is really annoying ... but in the end I did receive everything back and life is normal now :)

absolutely agree about the lack of tracking... would be good if they had a status update "recd ppts" and "sent ppts" but thats not going to happen i guess. :) i read in absolute horror about your ppts being left at the door DESPITE sig reqd. did ups think they were doing you a favor? i know alls well that ends well, but how careless!

Vignesh,
I am very prone to get in to and face problems, so I believe you don't think the worst. My packet was returned after 5 weeks of submission, so I am sure you will hear something good very soon.

In case you get your packet returned, go personally and get your wife passport cancelled and take the SC and then apply for OCI and let it takes it own processing time. In the mean time if your travel date is approaching near by take a visitor visa from the Trans-Visa, in this way you will be in receipt of cancelled Indian passport (which is now required for every visa) and also US passport. so it should not alter your plans.

It is now mandatory to have the Indian passport cancelled to get a temp visa, check with CS of Trans visa may be they can guide you.

Thanks

Our OCI Applications moved one step ahead, as I found online this morning. They are now GRANTED and PRINTED. Let's see when they arrive at the Indian Embassy in DC! Time line for our applications is below-

RC66

Date OCI Applications mailed by UPS to Indian Embassy, DC: June 14
Date OCI Applications Received at the Indian Embassy: June 15
Date Of Acknowledgment: June 27
Photo/Signature Scanned On: June 28
Registration Status Granted On: July 8
Documents PRINTED On: July 8
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office: NOT DISPATCHED YET
Documents Received at WASHINGTON: NOT YET

Congrats Aparnas, you are nearly to the end of the process ------ Hope to see that day soon.

Guys,
I got big surprise when I opened my return packet yesterday, guess what...... The consulate people didn't return my second set of documents. Thank god they returned my passport and MO along with set 1. I reprinted my application and attached second set of documents to resend it. I lost one pp photo but luckily I found old one (not too old) and send it back.
Second thing, the reason for return is Wrong jurisdiction, again same crap like my wife's packet I had to explain them in a letter Delaware is in your jurisdiction. Even though I know the reason of return, I blamed them for not correctly evaluating my application.

But my point to you all is, have sufficient copies of each document you send the consulate......things can go wrong and I am the example for every thing.

Got it. Thanks VM for your suggestions.

My worst nighmare would be if they do not return the packet that has the Indian Passport which would mean that i cannot even apply for the Temp Visa.

As you said, i should just pray and hope for the best.

Best Regards to all.

Vignesh