OCI - Washington DC Tracker

My status changed today. Embassy rcvd my OCI's. I will be sending out my US PP's tommorow by UPS.

Don't know if I should follow eggpullsu's lead and include a return UPS envelope or not. Eitherways, I can only pray to God before sending :)

Cheers,
speedy

I received an Email from the OCI as follows:

"Hello,

OCI is not ready. You should have sent it only when oci is shown as received in the embassy. "

In fact the Documents are received on 20-march-2010 in washington. I sent the passports on 22-march-2010. Embassy received on 23-march-2010. I sent them the screen print out, but no response. I'm not sure what to do next. Do you guys have any idea of what to do next. I applied for all my family(2 adults and 2 children).The status for all of them is granted and documents are received on 20-March-2010. Is it possible to go in person and show the status? Any advice...??

God Bless Embassy people.

tsb

"Hello,

OCI is not ready. You should have sent it only when oci is shown as received in the embassy. "

In fact the Documents are received on 20-march-2010 in washington. I sent the passports on 22-march-2010. Embassy received on 23-march-2010. I sent them the screen print out, but no response. I'm not sure what to do next. Do you guys have any idea of what to do next. I applied for all my family(2 adults and 2 children).The status for all of them is granted and documents are received on 20-March-2010. Is it possible to go in person and show the status? Any advice...??

tsb

That tops everything that I know of!! Looks like the embassy folks are busy doing their job and forgot how to the calendar works :) Looks like for them "kala calendar...bhains bara bar" Did you respond to that email sending the screen print outs of the status??

What a bunch of morons.....oops, thats not abuse is it??

Cheers,
speedy

Last edited by a moderator:

"Hello,

tsb

TSB:

There are 3 ( you, me and Girish of this forum / thread) that got stuck..........and we all sent the PP around same time (22nd of March)

I don't have a clue ....... my approach is let us give one more week.
Could you please provide the tel # you used to contact Embassy ?
I will try on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Thanks
Gee24

I sent the screen prints and the fedex receipt to begin with. In my email i have given all the 4 registration numbers. This is how they work. At this point i am clueless what to do. I'm so annoyed by this process. I do not know what tell them. Did they lost my papers?? What is going on... Isn't it ridiculous? They are not seeing my screen prints. It looks like that is way they work. May be i should make a visit to the office and get my passports back. This looks like whinning and ranting to some people. I want to ask those people for advice.Can they suggest something to do.??

God bless Embassy people.
tsb

Our application status updated today. Embassy received our OCI's.
I am planning to send the passports and copy of the updated status to DC tomorrow by express mail.

Thanks

Will be in the Indian embassy or in front of Embassy on Monday morning. Sent email to Embassy, External Affairs Ministry of India and lodged the complaint to Indian President's Office website. Tried several calls to Emabssy including the person who received my package everything is of no use.

Anyway Goodluck to everybody.

Gee24
The following are Phone numbers i called. 202-939-9860( General OCI Enquiry).202-939-9861,
202-939-9862,202-939-9835,202-939-9836. You have to call in the morning and try several attempts. Afternoon hours they will not pick up.

Girishk: Can you provide the status after Monday morning showing up at the embassy. I am also planning to visit the embassy. I am not sure , if we be able to make any progress. Let's try and hope for the best. I hope you are seen the email response from the OCI.

God bless Embassy
tsb

Will be in the Indian embassy or in front of Embassy on Monday morning. Sent email to Embassy, External Affairs Ministry of India and lodged the complaint to Indian President's Office website. Tried several calls to Emabssy including the person who received my package everything is of no use.

Anyway Goodluck to everybody.

I understand the frustrations .............and any one in your situation would normally get upset..................

MY VERY HUMBLE SUGGESTION TO YOU: (NOT ADVICE)

STAY COOL TILL YOU GET SOME ONE TO PICK YOUR PAPERS FROM THEIR PILES....GOD KNOWS HOW AND WHERE THEY HAVE DUMPED ALL OUR PAPERS.

ON THE OTHER HAND, IF YOU RAISE 'HUE AND CRY' UPFRONT, YOU MAY GET A RESPONSE LIKE
"THE PRESCRIBED TIME HAS NOT EXPIRED......YOU STILL HAVE TO WAIT.............BLAH BLAH........"
AND THEY WON'T EVEN CARE TO LOCATE THE PAPERS.........THIS IS JUST MY THOUGHTS .............GOING BY THE PSYCHOLOGY OF OUR GUYS.

GOOD LUCK
GEE24

Thanks Gee24. I appreciate your suggestion. But looks like not only OCI, in general Passport / Visa services they have to change the image

Thanks Gee24. I appreciate your suggestion. But looks like not only OCI, in general Passport / Visa services they have to change the image

I remember reading somewhere that there is absolutely no parking available near the embassy. So, it might be a good idea to plan ahead of time your trip to the embassy.

Cheers,
speedy

We think/assume that phone calls, e-mails are not helpful. I believe sending letter to the OCI Dispatch Cell is good idea since somebody has to open it. Send it every two days.

Finally got is today by UPS. No need to go there

Ack.: Date 2/23
Documents recived at Washington: 3/23
US Passprt sent by overnight: 3/23
Received at Embassy: 3/24/ Signed by an embassy person
Received OCI & Passport back: 4/19

They dodn't used the Return envelop sent by me, instead sent by UPS

Thanks everybody for input and information I got from this forum

Finally got is today by UPS. No need to go there

Ack.: Date 2/23
Documents recived at Washington: 3/23
US Passprt sent by overnight: 3/23
Received at Embassy: 3/24/ Signed by an embassy person
Received OCI & Passport back: 4/19

They dodn't used the Return envelop sent by me, instead sent by UPS

Thanks everybody for input and information I got from this forum

Congratulations! I for one am happy for you. You found the light at the end of the OCI tunnel ( and on time).

Hopefully, the airlines will be operating over the Europe before your travel date.

Good luck for your trip and hope your mom does well.

Cheers,
speedy

congrats KGirish1. Finally you got it. There is a response from someone.

It is my turn now to wait.
My details are (Family of 4)

Documents received in Washington :20-March-210.
Passports sent to embassy : 22-March-2010
Passports received by embassy : 23-March-2010
OCI received: ????????

No response for emails. No answer for the phone calls. Last Friday one email i got , it said , " your OCI is not ready ". I do not know what that means. Uumm... Some babu is siting on my passports does not want to dispatch this year.....Ahhhh... Just laugh... Nothing we can do. We can't show up at Embassy i guess.

tsb

finally got is today by ups. No need to go there

ack.: Date 2/23
documents recived at washington: 3/23
us passprt sent by overnight: 3/23
received at embassy: 3/24/ signed by an embassy person
received oci & passport back: 4/19

they dodn't used the return envelop sent by me, instead sent by ups

thanks everybody for input and information i got from this forum

Congratulations.

I am glad that you got it.

Good luck with your travel, visit etc.

There is no trace of mine so far.
I am going to call tomorrow.

Gee24

Congratulations.

I am glad that you got it.

Good luck with your travel, visit etc.

There is no trace of mine so far.
I am going to call tomorrow.

Gee24

tsb/Gee,
Come on guys....hold on. I am sure you guys will get yours too just when you are not expecting them to show up.

If you think about it, at least you don't have any emergency travel situation. In one way you are much better
off than many other folks out there.

My prediction is, you will get them in this week:D

Cheer up!

Cheers,
speedy

Speedy, thank you for your predition and encouraging words.
I do not think i will get it this week, after seeing the email from Ociwashington, i am not expecting any time this week. Just hope it will arrive some time ....

kgirish1: good luck with your travel. Have a safe travel. I wish you all the best.

tsb

My PP's recvd @WDC......signed for by "xxx" (the one who's name shall not be taken :) )
Now there is nothing for me to do except pray loudly :)

@ohemail....pls. update if you receive your PP & OCI. You & I have almost the same time line.

Cheers,
speedy