OCI - Washington DC Tracker

My OCI timeline so far

Here are the details of my OCI card processing time:

Date Of Acknowledgment 12-DEC-2008

Registration Status Granted On 10-JAN-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned On 05-JAN-2009
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 12-JAN-2009
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 14-JAN-2009 :)
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET :(

regards,
Aditi

OCI Process completed!!!

Acknowledge on Nov 18 '08

Signature scanned on Dec11 '08

Registration Granted on DEC17 '08

Documents printed Dec 18 08

Dispatched Dec 19 08

Received at DC Dec 30 08

Mailed $20 Money order with passports for cancellation and stamping on US passports Jan 5 09

Received cancelled Indian passports /Stamped US passports /OCI booklets for all 4 of us Jan 13 09

It was a smooth process no issues !!

No acknowledement or application no.

I do not have either numbers so I tried calling the consulate office, but it goes to vm of OCI. Till now I have kept 3 vm's but no reply.

Please can anyone help me get to one of the official from OCI department or any number where a real person will come on phone and give me exact status of the application?

thanks much
Ashwini Joshi

That number is printed on your OCI application form front page. How come you don't have it?

Indian embassy won't be able to help if you don't have that number.

I've already paid the money along with self addressed envelope to get my passport and the OCI card. Do I've send the money again to mail my passport back? what else should I send after I get the confirmation of "Documents received at Washington DC". Current staus says it has been dispatched from India on Jan 14th 2009. Any input?

I've already paid the money along with self addressed envelope to get my passport and the OCI card. Do I've send the money again to mail my passport back? what else should I send after I get the confirmation of "Documents received at Washington DC". Current staus says it has been dispatched from India on Jan 14th 2009. Any input?

No need to resend the money or envelope. For other details, read: http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/oci.asp#Status of OCI Application/Enquiries/Assistance

Question about sending passport for stamping

Hi all

I had a question about sending passport and PIO card.

We started our OCI journey on 5th Dec and yesterday I got a confirmation from the website that my documents have reached Washington, so now I have to send my passport and my kids PIO card.

We applied as a "family" in the application but my husband is out of country right now, so Can I go ahead with sending my and my kids passport and their PIO cards for stamping or Do I have to wait till my husband comes and send it all together.

I and the kids are planning to trip to India in the month of march,

Please advice. Thanks

Hi all

I had a question about sending passport and PIO card.

We started our OCI journey on 5th Dec and yesterday I got a confirmation from the website that my documents have reached Washington, so now I have to send my passport and my kids PIO card.

We applied as a "family" in the application but my husband is out of country right now, so Can I go ahead with sending my and my kids passport and their PIO cards for stamping or Do I have to wait till my husband comes and send it all together.

I and the kids are planning to trip to India in the month of march,

Please advice. Thanks

Most recent time line on this thread shows 8-day turn around for passports to be mailed to and received back from the embassy. If you have about 2 weeks or so between the time when your husband returns and your trip to India, I would advice to send it all together.

I sent my US passport by certified mail to dc last friday (Jan 30th) after looking at the confirmation on the web page to get my OCI sticker on my passport. I checked the USPS for confirmation of the delivery, it says it was delivered on Monday afternoon.
What kind of service used to return the passport? Until today afternnon, I didn't get my passport.
Can someone tell me the time frame it takes to get back my US passport. I tried to call this ph number 202-939-9860, but no use. I always get the voice mail and even I left voice message 2 days back but no response. Any input will be much appreciated.

I sent my US passport by certified mail to dc last friday (Jan 30th) after looking at the confirmation on the web page to get my OCI sticker on my passport. I checked the USPS for confirmation of the delivery, it says it was delivered on Monday afternoon.
What kind of service used to return the passport? Until today afternnon, I didn't get my passport.
Can someone tell me the time frame it takes to get back my US passport. I tried to call this ph number 202-939-9860, but no use. I always get the voice mail and even I left voice message 2 days back but no response. Any input will be much appreciated.

Just look at the posting by ssripada on Jan. 15th (few posts before yours) - it indicates an 8 days turnaround - passports sent on 1/5 and received on 1/13. Give it until tomorrow or Monday.

OCI Stamping Question

Hello

OCI website says Our documents received in "WASHINGTON DC"

We need to send our US PASSPORTS and Expired Indian Passports. I already enclosed $25 with my OCI fee during registration. What else I need to send. Do i need to mention the OCI online registration NUMBER with the Package i am sending. You reply is highly appreaicated.

Harish H

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

OCI website says Our documents received in "WASHINGTON DC"

We need to send our US PASSPORTS and Expired Indian Passports. I already enclosed $25 with my OCI fee during registration. What else I need to send. Do i need to mention the OCI online registration NUMBER with the Package i am sending. You reply is highly appreaicated.

Harish H

Please see my earlier posting on this topic that has a link to instructions for final processing: http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=2005069&postcount=549

northenvirgini,

Couple of things .

Please make sure that you read the instructions on how to take photographs.
Photographs should measure 3.5cm x 3.5cm without border
Have a light color background (Not white) as per
http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/oci.asp

Link for some sample photographs: http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/ICAO-Photo.pdf

I clicked photographs on my digital camera & used the website http://www.epassportphoto.com for my child's photographs

Took the saved jpeg image form the above site to CVS which costs < 1$.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
How to go to Indian Embasy Washington DC

Can someone please post information on how best to go to Indian Embassy in DC? Is parking available around? How far? I am planning to go from Rockville/Gaithersburg Area in MD. I hear parking is a big problem in DC. if parking is a problem is there another option.

Thanks