OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Today went in the morning to the DC consulate and submitted the SC packets again! It doesnt matter whether you send by mail or in person - they charge $20.00 for SC!
The consulate basement was a spectacle - the water from the bathroom was leaking onto the main waiting area! Wait time was close to 2 hrs. It took only 3 mins for the counter lady to check my packets, and she gave a ticket (written 2 renun forms on that) and asked me to come on thursday. Dont know if the turn around is quick because the embassy has already sent back to me the packets after 5 weeks of waiting.
Shall go there again thursday evening and pick them up. Trying to get everything else ready before then - so that on friday I can send in the packet for OCI!

Today went in the morning to the DC consulate and submitted the SC packets again! It doesnt matter whether you send by mail or in person - they charge $20.00 for SC!
The consulate basement was a spectacle - the water from the bathroom was leaking onto the main waiting area! Wait time was close to 2 hrs. It took only 3 mins for the counter lady to check my packets, and she gave a ticket (written 2 renun forms on that) and asked me to come on thursday. Dont know if the turn around is quick because the embassy has already sent back to me the packets after 5 weeks of waiting.
Shall go there again thursday evening and pick them up. Trying to get everything else ready before then - so that on friday I can send in the packet for OCI!

linuxrox,

I have a question on name change certificate.

Does your certificate have info like from name, to name, SSN, DOB, address, Alien# etc.?

Is there any other info ?

I am changing name outside of N-400. Just curious to see the difference between name change certificates ?

Good luck. I hope you can mail your OCI papers by Friday.

One question: Did they charge you $20 per person or $20 total for the both of you? Thanks!

IPL-fan: yes, my court issued name change cert has the old name, new name, alien number which also appears on the Nat Cert. No SSN.
GS12: it is $20 per SC.

IPL-fan: yes, my court issued name change cert has the old name, new name, alien number which also appears on the Nat Cert. No SSN.

Thanks linuxrox, looks like when I do name change outside of naturalization, I won't see alien#....only old name, new name, current address, no SSN.

Thanks. Seems like a way to make money -- both from families as well as from people who apply in person.

OCI done for me & my family. Got all the documents last week.
Thanks all for the support.
chola
Congratulations Chola. That is wonderful news...... One long odyssey ends....
What is your overall timeline.... from start to finish....?

aykara-
I am in the same situation like you -
I have sent my son's US passport and old PIO card for stamping (the last stage... **sigh**). They have received it on June 7th, but nothing after that.
Sent multiple emails to them, only to have the latest reply saying - "let me know when you get it". That was a week ago and I have no idea what that means. All communication lines have fallen silent since then. I am out of ideas.

srw - Please let me know if you get any update from Hon. Babus.

OCI done for me & my family. Got all the documents last week.
Thanks all for the support.
chola

Chola - Congrats. How long it took for you to get the package after sending US Passport? I am waiting since 57 days after sending my US Passports.

This is the most current time line. At last got the grant notice today.

Date Of Acknowledgment 08-JUL-2010
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 27-JUL-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 16-JUL-2010

Hi Vigneshwar,
That is good news..... Congratulations.... on this next step..
When you have a moment, can you update your signature with timelines.... from applied date to "Granted" please?

Thanks,
V!
Mailed OCI (Family) July-20-2010
Received in DC July-21-2010

Hi Vigneshwar,
That is good news..... Congratulations.... on this next step..
When you have a moment, can you update your signature with timelines.... from applied date to "Granted" please?

Thanks,
V!
Mailed OCI (Family) July-20-2010
Received in DC July-21-2010

Not sure how to update Signature. But here is my time line

Vigneshwar

1st Application Date : 18-MAY-2010
Returned Back : 25-MAY-2010
2nd Application Date : 12-JUN-2010

Thanks Vigneshwar. That (Timeline) is good enough. I see that you went through the madness period when they introduced the new "SC" rule..... If not, your application should be done by now...... I am glad you are at the end of this OCI journey....
Good luck with the remaining steps..
V!!

Congrats Chola! Enjoy your freedom from babus..
By the way, you did not have any trouble with your middle name issue, I assume? Your reply would give me some peace..

thanks. no i did not have any name issues. my name on the birth certificate matched all my other records.
if they acknowledged your application package, chances are you are good to go. good luck.

Congratulations Chola. That is wonderful news...... One long odyssey ends....
What is your overall timeline.... from start to finish....?

thanks.
overall timeline for
my kids - 44 days (oci on hand)
me & spouse - 60 days (oci on hand)

according to the online status now, mine was supposedly done along with my kids.....but then the online status showed otherwise!

Chola - Congrats. How long it took for you to get the package after sending US Passport? I am waiting since 57 days after sending my US Passports.

14 calendar days for my kids.
9 calendar days for me & spouse.

you may have to make a visit. 57 days is way to long. good luck.

thanks.
overall timeline for
my kids - 44 days (oci on hand)
me & spouse - 60 days (oci on hand)

according to the online status now, mine was supposedly done along with my kids.....but then the online status showed otherwise!

Thanks for the update Chola. Gives an idea of how much the wait is going to be...... Not that it is consistent across the board....:):rolleyes:

V!!

Thanks Vigneshwar. That (Timeline) is good enough. I see that you went through the madness period when they introduced the new "SC" rule..... If not, your application should be done by now...... I am glad you are at the end of this OCI journey....
Good luck with the remaining steps..
V!!

Thank you

The printing happened in 2 days. 2 more steps to go....

1st Application Date : 18-MAY-2010
Returned Back : 25-MAY-2010
2nd Application Date : 12-JUN-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 29-JUL-2010