OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Visit the embassy if you can.

If you are in a position to travel to the Indian embassy in DC, I suggest you do that to get a more up-to-date status about your applications. I'm not sure if it helps with the processing itself, but in my case, I had personally submitted the application there.

If you get there before 9.30AM you will most likely be within the first 10 or 15 people in the line. The OCI officials usually turn up for work around 10AM and you get to talk to them then.

Again, more status to report from my side: Documents dispatched from Delhi today (April 3, 2007). So hopefully it's only a matter of a few days now. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Update for the thread:

Received: 2/15/07

Acknowledged: 3/2/07

Photo scanned: 4/17/07

Registration Granted: 4/18/07

Documents printed & dispatched from Delhi: 4/18/07

Documents received at Washington: NOT YET

Received Date Question

Question about received date. I sent my application with the green return receipt. The receipt cam eback to me on April 14th while I had mailed the applications on March 27th.

Would it be a backlog that someone had time to remove the return receipt and mail it after 15 days ? Shoudl I start the count down from April 14th? I hope this gets done by June 15th.

Thanks,

Application Acknowledged

Date Documents Posted : March 27th
Date Of Acknowledgment : 19-APR-2007

Whew ! sigh of relief - The status changed this evening to Application acknowledged and Status as "In process"

Update for the thread:

Received: 2/15/07

Acknowledged: 3/2/07

Photo scanned: 4/17/07

Registration Granted: 4/18/07

Documents printed & dispatched from Delhi: 4/18/07

Documents received at Washington: NOT YET

Update on my case:

recd : 2/15
ackn: 3/8
scan: 4/17
grnt: 4/18
prnt: 4/19
disp: Not Yet
recd: Not Yet

:confused: Washington DC Tracker + Any OCI updates from DC?

Hi Guys,

can we mix these two threads and mainitain one thread as Washington DC Tracker only?

Hi Guys,

can we mix these two threads and mainitain one thread as Washington DC Tracker only?

I suppose that thread can come to an end. There wasn't much activity lately on the original DC thread for whatever reason. A new thread seemed best to get something going, considering that nobody's application in DC was moving. Now that we see some progress, we can go back to the original thread.

Final step done!

Just collected our passports and OCI booklets from the embassy in DC. The LIFELONG stamp on the OCI visa in the passport gave me a chuckle. In any case, this would conclude the odyssey of immigration in two countries for me - and to say I'm happy would just be an understatement.

This board has been an extreme help in getting me through this difficult journey. Thank you to the organizers, moderators and participants of the many forums here.

A special thanks to the members of the OCI board and I wish you the best of luck in completing your journey as well. It seems patience really pays off in the end, as frustrating as it may be.

Thanks and good luck to all once again!

Congrats

Just collected our passports and OCI booklets from the embassy in DC. The LIFELONG stamp on the OCI visa in the passport gave me a chuckle. In any case, this would conclude the odyssey of immigration in two countries for me - and to say I'm happy would just be an understatement.

This board has been an extreme help in getting me through this difficult journey. Thank you to the organizers, moderators and participants of the many forums here.

A special thanks to the members of the OCI board and I wish you the best of luck in completing your journey as well. It seems patience really pays off in the end, as frustrating as it may be.

Thanks and good luck to all once again!

Congratulations, hopefully it's not too far from here for me too....

Question for Hanhail

Typically around a week. Mine took 6 days.

Hi, did you actually go personally to the DC embassy to get your documents? How does that work out. Did you have to drop the passports in the morning and pick up in the evening or next day or did you get it immediately in few hours (HIGH HOPES, I KNOW!)

Thanks in advance.

2bc -

Yes, I went to the embassy personally. They won't accept the passports until about a week after they receive the OCI documents from Delhi. I had to go back the next evening to pick up the passports.

It seems like those folks at the embassy are really busy, because when I went to pick up, I had to wait till they brought the documents out fresh & warm :)

Thanks

2bc -

Yes, I went to the embassy personally. They won't accept the passports until about a week after they receive the OCI documents from Delhi. I had to go back the next evening to pick up the passports.

It seems like those folks at the embassy are really busy, because when I went to pick up, I had to wait till they brought the documents out fresh & warm :)

Wow, I like that FRESH and WARM stuff in your response...But thanks for responding again...I am not sure if I will be able to make it to embassy but I was just curious. I would just wait for the status to change to recd at DC (If it ever happnes!) and mail in the passports.

Thanks once again!