OCI application details for me and my family:

Personally submitted the apps at the embassy: Mar 13, 2007
Acknowledgement: Mar 28, 2007

No acknowledgment for spouse

OCI application details for me and my family:

Personally submitted the apps at the embassy: Mar 13, 2007
Acknowledgement: Mar 28, 2007

Hanhail

Did all of your family members application got acknowledged on the same day ?

Just curious to know , bcos my spouse's application did not get acknowledged.

Hanhail

Did all of your family members application got acknowledged on the same day ?

Just curious to know , bcos my spouse's application did not get acknowledged.

sterling_2001 & Hanhail,

Did you submit individual based or Family based application?

Last edited by a moderator:
Family details.

Sterling_2001,

I applied for my family as a group.

Incidentally, I just noticed a change in the status already! I'm surprised. Details:

Application submitted in person: Mar 13, 2007
Acknowledgement date: Mar 28. 2007
Registration granted: Mar 29, 2007
Photo scanned: Mar 29, 2007

I had actually received a call from the Indian embassy on Mar 27 asking about my son's passport expiry. I had clarified to them that I have provided the new passport details. At that time, I had requested a speedy processing, since we have booked our tickets to travel to India on May 11th. The lady said she could try, but cautioned that it's cutting it too close. But I was happy that she didn't scorn, given the general attitude of the folks at the embassy. Besides, it seems she pushed it forward without any further delay on her end.

Sterling_2001,

Incidentally, I just noticed a change in the status already! I'm surprised. Details:

I had actually received a call from the Indian embassy on Mar 27 asking about my son's passport expiry. I had clarified to them that I have provided the new passport details. At that time, I had requested a speedy processing, since we have booked our tickets to travel to India on May 11th. The lady said she could try, but cautioned that it's cutting it too close. But I was happy that she didn't scorn, given the general attitude of the folks at the embassy. Besides, it seems she pushed it forward without any further delay on her end.

Good for u, I am glad that they are doing some speedy work on yr case.

Hopefully u will receive yr oci before yr travel

Thanks for sharing the info

This is GREAT!

Sterling_2001,

Yes I mean it!

It took them about a month to acknowledge our application and it's been about 3 weeks + since we have our applications under process with no @&^#@#&^ change in the status :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What may have helped.

I had applied for my children in January when my wife and I were still Indian citizens. Since they didn't move for a while, I contacted the embassy staff and they informed me that they were awaiting an amendment from Delhi for such cases.

Anyways, later when my wife & I applied as US citizens, I applied for my kids again, but put a covering letter explaining the previous applications. It seems they have used the older applications to process their cases, because the status updates are happening under their old application numbers. I wonder if I'm getting the benefit of the older "priority dates" per se for my kids.

But I sure believe that there's hope out there for all of us even if you haven't seen a status change in months.

Sorry!!

Hanhail,

Obviously, the message that I posted was in no way intended for you. It was just frustration on those *(*&&^&^% burocrats!!!

You can't talk to them on the phone
Voice Mail boxes are always full
Emails are not replied to
By luck if you get a person on phone...doesn't give a damn as if they are providing all the services for free or like we are billing them for the service they provide!!!

I never got so frustrated even during my USC process or for that matter GC!

Thanks for posting though, you have been a wonderful forum mate with lots of information always.

Hi 2bc!

2bc -

Rest assured, I wasn't offended at all... I was just trying to find rationale for this strange processing in my case. As always, anything extraordinary like that scares me!

But believe me, I can understand your frustration as can everyone else in this forum. However, if you compare apples to apples, I feel that Indian immigration is not as bad as the American counterpart. Just think of the hassle of getting a US visa vs. Indian visa.

In any case, it seems the OCI processing times in DC area are staggering as are the US immigration woes. Must be the "capital city" syndrome.

Yes

It's definitely capitol city syndrome. I can's believe that there is such a huge difference between processing time if you compare it to either NY or SF CGI. Chicago seems to be as bad as DC...

Good luck!!!

I hope they make exception, not to discourage you but trying to let you know that I have left them atleast 7 messages (most of the time their VMS is full, so you can't even leave message...) and about 10 emails. No response to either. I guess I will just wait.....But let us know if they ever respond?

Thanks

Helpful to know... I don't really expect a reply. However, if someone there even bothers to see the mailbox, maybe they will start the processing? On the other hand, hitting the "Delete" key is easier than opening the mail and reading it...