My Time Line:
Sent: 03/19/2007
Ack'd: 04/10/2007
Registration Status Granted On 03-MAY-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 30-APR-2007
Documents Printing Status On 04-MAY-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT 05-MAY-2007
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET

Shooshman, sterling_2001 & me, are all in same batch.

What a surprise, ..My timeline is exact (I mean EXACT) same as yours-"usctzn"..each and every date, each step of the process..
My status also shows docs dispatched on 05-may-2007.

What is the bottom line?
In my view,
INDIAN EMBASSY AT WASHINGTON IS UP TO THE PACE AND VERY ACCURATE IN HANDLING OF THESE APPLICATIONS... THAT IS GOOD NEWS..KEEP IT UP.

I logged in to post my timeline for others, but no need it is same as usctzn's timeline(I appllied for family, same status for all 3 members), no wonder if docs rcvd at wshngton will show the same date..
Good luck to everyone..

Batchmate

Gr8:

Shooshman, sterling_2001, nirav5508 & me are all in same batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been 2 Days since...

Did you guys know you can just add a browser favorite link to your status: http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp?search=2&button=go&WEBFILERFNO= and add the regisration number after the "=" sign ?

I have been using that link to check everyday (addictive) and I will probably miss doing that after this process is completed. I am glad the Govt decided to go this online enquiry route and set expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Passports have been delivered to the embassy by Fedex this morning. Now let's see how long it takes to get them back...

SuperHo:

Have you recd. your documents yet or does it really take more time than this ? I sent my documents on 5/6 (not that I am expecting it soon but just curious). Please post when you receive your passports back.

Thanks in advance.

No sign of passports yet... at the rate things have been going, I was not expecting them until next week...

Thanks..

No sign of passports yet... at the rate things have been going, I was not expecting them until next week...

Thanks for posting. Just let us know when done. I am just trying to estimate my dates based upon yours since, it seems pretty random!

OK. got the passports today! Arrived by Express mail and had to be signed for. It took exactly a week for them to arrive from the time they received them. Altogether, it took 5 days short of three months for the whole process.

OK. got the passports today! Arrived by Express mail and had to be signed for. It took exactly a week for them to arrive from the time they received them. Altogether, it took 5 days short of three months for the whole process.

Thanks for the info. good luck to you, Hope all of ur immigration needs
ends with OCI.

congrats

Congratulations!

Hope to be there soon!

Thanks again.

Documents Received at WASHINGTON Notification

Superho & 2bc,

Q1: When you see your OCI status as 'Documents Received at WASHINGTON', did you get any email/mail from consulate?

Q2: Did you send any cover letter along with your US passport for stamping?

Your comments would be helpful !!!

Letter

1. No email/call/letter from embassy.
2. I sent the cover letter along with passports with file#

10 Days after Documents despatched

Its 10 days after the documents were despatched from Delhi. I am wondeing if the received at status will chage after noon today ?

I am planning to go to the Embassy on Monday to give my passports and hopefully collect them the next day. I wish they gave them back the same day :(

info. (SUPERHO, pitch in if you have any idea?)

Mine took 16 days including a weekend....And it has been close to 10 days since they recd. my passports for sticker (U?), I don't know why it takes so long for them to send the passports back. I know superho recd. it in one week!

It's just shoot in dark kinda thing!!!

Mine took 16 days including a weekend....And it has been close to 10 days since they recd. my passports for sticker (U?), I don't know why it takes so long for them to send the passports back. I know superho recd. it in one week!

It's just shoot in dark kinda thing!!!

2bc,

Since yr case is granted and already in DC, try sending
email to -> ociwashington@indiagov.org, who knows u might a reply.

my friend sent an email asking info after his document recd in DC, he got
the reply same day.

Try once again.

sterling_2001,

Thanks for your input. I will wait another 2, maybe 3 days and send them email as suggested. Appreciate your help!

I asume that you paid the $15 mailing fee? If so, it is just a question of them preparing the docs and mailing. I am going to venture that they have one or two people working on OCI. On some days this person prepares outgoing applications and on others, prepares incoming ones. If you have crossed 10 days, send the email anyway. After all, if they send out your papers, they will ignore it. Of course, they may ignore it anyway :)