OCI - Washington DC Tracker

I did pick up my OCI cad today. Basically they gave me card & stamped my US passport with lifetime multiple entry Visa for India. They told me to take both the things together while visiting India. I didn't have to be in line for this, just told at the window that I am here for OCI card & then another lady came out within 5 minutes, took things from me & gave everything back within 10 minutes. It was very quick.

I heard from someone in my office that I should take my Indian canceled passport with me too while visiting India 1st time after getting OCI, does anyone know anything about it? Please let me know.

OCI
paper work send to DC on 23rd august
received on 25th august
ack on 4th sep
photo scanned 9th oct
registration granted on 9th oct

Finally OCI journey finished.

I received my OCI documents with Passports on 10/06/2008.

Here is the full timeline
OCI Mailed 07/17/2008
Acknowledged 08/01/2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On : 08/12/2008
Registration Status Granted On 08/30/2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi 09/05/2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON 09/11/2008
Passport (US/Indian) mailed to DC: 09/15/2008
Passport (US/Indian) recieved at DC: 09/16/2008
Passports (US/Cancellled Indian/OCI Booklet) Received from Embassy on: 10/06/2008

OCI journey completed
Best of luck to all :):):)

oci update
send on 23rd august
received on 25th august
ack on 4th sep
photo scanned 9th oct
registration granted on 9th oct
document printed on 10th oct

I did pick up my OCI cad today. Basically they gave me card & stamped my US passport with lifetime multiple entry Visa for India. They told me to take both the things together while visiting India. I didn't have to be in line for this, just told at the window that I am here for OCI card & then another lady came out within 5 minutes, took things from me & gave everything back within 10 minutes. It was very quick.

I heard from someone in my office that I should take my Indian canceled passport with me too while visiting India 1st time after getting OCI, does anyone know anything about it? Please let me know.

Hi just wanted to know what did you tell the embassy people when you went to collect the OCI card that you are leaving for India or anything else thanks.

Can you pick it up at embassy, I heard they do not let you pick up in person ??

Please confirm.

May be in general they don't, but I didn't have sufficient time in between it came to DC & my flight. I sent them email & started my process more than 2 months ago that's why they told me that when I see that it's received in DC send email. I did send them email & they gave me time to pick it up. In fact there was one more guy to pick it up while I was there.

Point is you need to talk to them over phone or email them & if they agree you can pick it up personally at the time they ask you to come.

Can you pick it up at embassy, I heard they do not let you pick up in person ??

Please confirm.

May be in general they don't, but I didn't have sufficient time in between it came to DC & my flight. I sent them email & started my process more than 2 months ago that's why they told me that when I see that it's received in DC send email. I did send them email & they gave me time to pick it up. In fact there was one more guy to pick it up while I was there.

Point is you need to talk to them over phone or email them & if they agree you can pick it up personally at the time they ask you to come.

Thanks, I am expecting my passport in a week's time then I'll apply for OCI for my expceted trip in late December. Therefore just wanted to check for the options to get OCI little early.

Is a self addressed postage paid reply envelop required to be sent?

Hi all..
My online status updated today (10/17) to docs received at Washington DC.

Along with the passports and cover letter, do I also need to send a self-addressed postage paid reply envelop? I think no but wanted to double check. can someone let me know?

BTW - here are my dates:
Ack date: 08/26
reg granted:10/07
photo: 10/07
docs printed: 10/07
docs dispatched from Delhi: 10/10
docs received in DC: 10/18

Hi all..
My online status updated today (10/17) to docs received at Washington DC.

Along with the passports and cover letter, do I also need to send a self-addressed postage paid reply envelop? I think no but wanted to double check. can someone let me know?

If you sent the $20 return fee and self-addressed envelope with the application, you need not send it again. (Per Embassy website: An additional amount of US $20 towards return mailing charges and a self addressed envelope should also be sent with the application. $20 Mailing can be made as one cc/mo along with the OCI fees of $275. For a family $25 as a mailing charges should be added along with the OCI fees.)

Refund the mailing fees?

Hi,

I may have to go and pick up too but was wondering if they'll refund the mailing charges I paid ($25 for two people) if I go to DC office and pick it up?
Do you know if they refund the $25?

Colts07 (sp and kid):

Mailed to Washington DC - 09/20/08
Date Of ACK - 09/26/08
Photo/Signature Scanned - 10/22/08
Registration Status Granted On 10/22/08
Documents Printed: 10/23/08
Documents Despatched From Delhi On:
Documents Received at WASHINGTON:
Passport (US/Indian) mailed to DC:
Passports (US/Cancellled Indian/OCI Booklet) Received from Embassy on:
=============================================================

Colts07 :

Mailed to Washington DC - 06/19/08
Date Of ACK - 07/25/08
Photo/Signature Scanned - 08/07/08
Registration Status Granted On 08/25/08
Documents Printed: 08/26/08
Documents Despatched From Delhi On: 08/29/08
Documents Received at WASHINGTON: 09/05/08
Passport (US/Indian) mailed to DC: 09/09/08
Passports (US/Cancellled Indian/OCI Booklet) Received from Embassy on: 09/19/08

Colts07 (sp and kid):

Mailed to Washington DC - 09/20/08
Date Of ACK - 09/26/08
Photo/Signature Scanned - 10/22/08
Registration Status Granted On 10/22/08
Documents Printed: 10/23/08
Documents Despatched From Delhi On:
Documents Received at WASHINGTON:
Passport (US/Indian) mailed to DC:
Passports (US/Cancellled Indian/OCI Booklet) Received from Embassy on:
=============================================================

Colts07 :

Mailed to Washington DC - 06/19/08
Date Of ACK - 07/25/08
Photo/Signature Scanned - 08/07/08
Registration Status Granted On 08/25/08
Documents Printed: 08/26/08
Documents Despatched From Delhi On: 08/29/08
Documents Received at WASHINGTON: 09/05/08
Passport (US/Indian) mailed to DC: 09/09/08
Passports (US/Cancellled Indian/OCI Booklet) Received from Embassy on: 09/19/08

Three months, looks really slow. In west cost they are getting on 4 weeks timeline. I am waiting for my US passport, does not look like I would be able to go in late December .

I kind of get idea from earlier posting when I application would appear "acknowledged", should be about Nov 10th. Will update the thread as soon as I see that.

hi, i am new here and some doubts

Hi all

I will be applying for OCI to washington

I am going to take my oath on 6th nov,and then will be applying for my passport on the same day, so I am assuming to get my passport by last week of november as it is 3 weeks and then applying for OCI.

but here is my question

1) what is the current timeline for OCI for washington DC, is it taking 6 weeks or more than that.
2) I have to visit India in the last week of march for a function, so will it is ok to apply for OCI and go or apply for visa or PIO.

Please advice.

Hi all

I will be applying for OCI to washington

I am going to take my oath on 6th nov,and then will be applying for my passport on the same day, so I am assuming to get my passport by last week of november as it is 3 weeks and then applying for OCI.

but here is my question

1) what is the current timeline for OCI for washington DC, is it taking 6 weeks or more than that.
2) I have to visit India in the last week of march for a function, so will it is ok to apply for OCI and go or apply for visa or PIO.

Please advice.

If you can send in your OCI application by late November or early December, you should be able to get you OCI docs well in time before late March.

Not showing up online

I mailed the application on Oct 25th , still it's not appearing online status. And this is already more than a week since I mailed the OCI application, any idea when can I expect my case online ?

TIA.