OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Hitraj ji that's little longer than expected. hopefully you will get it very soon, may be today.. please let us know when you get it. Mine is also getting close to my flying date so thinking not to take this risk & ask them that may be I can pick it up personally..

Just to get feeling of time taken to get the documents back
I have mailed my passports on 09/12 after seeing my status of documents recieved at DC on 09/11
Yet to recieve my passport and OCI document

I sent a email today and got this message

"It takes 10-12 working days after we receive the passports in our office."

Thanks for posting this hitraj ji, as now I know better and can't even think of mailing my passport to them. I have to get it personally.

I sent a email today and got this message

"It takes 10-12 working days after we receive the passports in our office."

I recieved my OCI documents with Passports today.

Here is the full timeline
OCI Mailed 07/24/2008
Acknowledged 08/07/2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On : 08/20/2008
Registration Status Granted On 03-SEP-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi 05-SEP-2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON 11-SEP-2008
Passport (US/Indian) mailed to DC: 09/11/08
Passport (US/Indian) recieved at DC: 09/12/08
Passports (US/Cancellled Indian/OCI Booklet) Received from Embassy on: 09/24/08

OCI journey completed
Best of luck to all others waiting for it
Soon I should be back tracking for my wife OCI(still in N400 process)

Recieved the OCI documents in USPS express mail envelope
Dont know why they still want us to send self addressed return envelope ?

Recieved the OCI documents in USPS express mail envelope
Dont know why they still want us to send self addressed return envelope ?

Hey Hitraj,

Congrats! Can you pls tell me what is the process after the documents are received in DC? What are the next steps? What is it that I need to do? Appreciate your input.

Scroll

Do nothing...

Hey Hitraj,

Congrats! Can you pls tell me what is the process after the documents are received in DC? What are the next steps? What is it that I need to do? Appreciate your input.

Scroll

You do nothing. They'll take care of everything. If they want something, they'll ask for it. Once it is ready to be stamped, the website says to contact embassy and mail the passports. You are done.

Scroll,
Mail both US and indian passport along with printout of the OCI online status page
Thats what I had sent

You do nothing. They'll take care of everything. If they want something, they'll ask for it. Once it is ready to be stamped, the website says to contact embassy and mail the passports. You are done.

cool.. thks much! i guess i gotta wait some more.:mad:

Looks like nothing is moving. Nothing changed for me but thought of posting it. I sent email 2 days ago & they said may be on Monday it will be in DC and then I need to contact them to pick that personally. It was dispatched on 18th Sep but still not here. Anyway I know I will get it personally so not worried at all.

No movement in my case

My OCI app. was acknowledged on 9/12/08 - but no progress after that. I was expecting the scan within 2 weeks from that date - but nothing.
Should I be concerned or is this normal?

You should not be concerned at all as mine also took 3 weeks and one of my friend who applied with his family is still waiting while it has been more than 3 weeks. He sent email & if I remember correctly they said it's taking 15-20 working days.

My OCI app. was acknowledged on 9/12/08 - but no progress after that. I was expecting the scan within 2 weeks from that date - but nothing.
Should I be concerned or is this normal?

Looks like nothing is moving. Nothing changed for me but thought of posting it. I sent email 2 days ago & they said may be on Monday it will be in DC and then I need to contact them to pick that personally. It was dispatched on 18th Sep but still not here. Anyway I know I will get it personally so not worried at all.

Just saw this on Chicago thread for one applicant:

Documents despatched from delhi on : 18-SEP-2008
Documents received at chicago consulate : 03-OCT-2008

So look for your docs to reach DC any time now. Good luck.

How does these date works, I don't understand at all. You posted while it's still 2nd Oct in DC how come it could be 3rd Oct in Chicago? Date is supposed to be in Chicago, so I can't think may be date is of India.

Thanks for the info. Yes they said it will be Monday. Amazing why it should take so much time after dispatch. I can understand in other things taking time because of queue etc but so much time in mail? It's not even Christmas season...

Just saw this on Chicago thread for one applicant:

Documents despatched from delhi on : 18-SEP-2008
Documents received at chicago consulate : 03-OCT-2008

So look for your docs to reach DC any time now. Good luck.

I just checked the status & it has the date 3rd-Sep, so sent them email.

Really appreciate the help from the forum I got. Thanks to everyone for the help!!

Wish all the best everyone going through process to get things processed soon for them!!!

How does these date works, I don't understand at all. You posted while it's still 2nd Oct in DC how come it could be 3rd Oct in Chicago? Date is supposed to be in Chicago, so I can't think may be date is of India.

Thanks for the info. Yes they said it will be Monday. Amazing why it should take so much time after dispatch. I can understand in other things taking time because of queue etc but so much time in mail? It's not even Christmas season...

Yes, all the online status dates are based on time in India. I am glad to read in your next post that your docs have also reached their destination.

I got the reply from them & they gave me time to pick it up on Monday. So I will get it on Monday. That ends my journey of getting OCI Sticker. Thanks again!!!

Thanks hitraj ji, as you are the one who provided me email address & which helped me a lot. I communicated with them with email multiple times & they are really good in replying. I hope your gets through soon too. Wishing you all the best!!

congrats manju ji,Have a safe trip to india