OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Dublin, I've a feeling that they do pick up the docs on Saturday, because my paperwork for OCI was prepared to go to the Embassy on a Saturday morning (that means Travisa is open) It might be a half day at Travisa just like the post office.

Just received another email from Travisa saying that they have mailed my passport/oci via USPS express . Email was sent 3:51 pm PST. Hopefully should get it tomorrow.

Dublin, I've a feeling that they do pick up the docs on Saturday, because my paperwork for OCI was prepared to go to the Embassy on a Saturday morning (that means Travisa is open) It might be a half day at Travisa just like the post office.

Cool. Thanks for the info americano. I had a gut feeling that the mail drop off / pick up will be open on saturday. Then I may receive it on Monday hopefully.

Did you guys all request "mail back" option instead of pickup? I was afraid my papers might get lost in the mail, as I've had bad experience with UPS in the past. Now I'll be driving in rush hour traffic to pick up documents sometime next week. I still haven't received any email from Travisa yet.

Did you guys all request "mail back" option instead of pickup? I was afraid my papers might get lost in the mail, as I've had bad experience with UPS in the past. Now I'll be driving in rush hour traffic to pick up documents sometime next week. I still haven't received any email from Travisa yet.

Even I had planned to pick it up by person but Travisa guys insisted on the prepaid return envelope. This is due to the reason that if they have to return the appl without processing for any reason, then they'll use that envelope.

Can somebody tell me if Fedex will pick up the docs on a saturday from Travisa ?

Not sure if they pick up on saturday, but Travisa did send me an email with the tracking information from the slip I sent them for Fedex when it did get shipped out from their office and got it the next day before 10:30am

My OCI Status
The wait time to open the envelope is about a week - it is no longer three weeks -- It appears that the volume of applications here follows the same pattern that checkout-stands at stores follow -- it comes in spurts.

04/21/2011 12:55pm PST Service order form completed online
04/22/2011 12:41pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
04/29/2011 4:46pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/02/2011 5:44pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.

Date of Acknowlegement: 5/10/2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 12-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On 12-MAY-2011
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED

My brother and his family's OCI cards got dispatched today from India....

Photo/Signature Scanned On 22-APR-2011
Registration Status
Granted On 25-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 13-MAY-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 16-MAY-2011

update:

Date/Time Action
04/17/2011 10:21pm PST Service order form completed online
04/19/2011 4:25pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
04/19/2011 5:40pm PST Application assigned for processing
05/03/2011 11:59am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/14/2011 11:06am PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/16/2011 8:37am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

Updated status

Travisa:
--------
04/06/2011 : Service order form completed online
04/07/2011 : OCI application mailed via USPS
04/08/2011 : OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing
04/21/2011 : Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/27/2011 : Documents prepared to go to Embassy
04/28/2011 : Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

MHA:
-----
Date Of Acknowledgment : 28-APR-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On : 29-APR-2011
Registration Status Granted On : 29-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status : PRINTED
Documents Printed On : 13-MAY-2011, 14-MAY-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on : 16-MAY-2011

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an prepaid USPS Express envelope for returning all my docs.
USPS did pick it up from Travisa late Friday/Early sat.
Expecting it to be delivered at home today.

buddy ur dates are going backwards from the printed date...
I meant Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on : 16-MAY-2011 (same as user idk)

Here it is

OCI SF
Applied in person (major pain in the you know what!)
Acknowledgment: 27-APR-2011
Scanned: 28-APR-2011
Granted: 28-APR-2011
Printed: 13-MAY-2011
Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office: 16-MAY-2011

Last edited by a moderator:
I received an email today (5/16) afternoon from Travisa that my OCI has been dispatched thru FedEx. But I do not see any updates on the FedEx site when I track it. Not sure how long it would take for the FedEx site to show the tracking information ?

Travisa still hasn't received my paperwork. I'll call them after the 18th if I don't hear anything. I am really having doubts about my paperwork being processed correctly as I had attached a name correction form. Indian Consulate is a pain in the butt at name change forms.

update:

Date/Time Action
04/17/2011 10:21pm PST Service order form completed online
04/19/2011 4:25pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
04/19/2011 5:40pm PST Application assigned for processing
05/03/2011 11:59am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/14/2011 11:06am PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/16/2011 8:37am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/16/2011 5:36pm PST Documents received by Consulate
Photo/Signature Scanned On 17-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On 17-MAY-2011

Received the OCI/Us passport from Travisa yesterday(5/16) afternoon via USPS express. Travisa had sent it on Saturday (5/14).

Done with these guys for now....

Good luck to all waiting.