OCI - San Francisco Tracker

If I am applying as a family of four members, should I submit two copies of PARTB for each member of my family? or two copies for the whole family sufficient ?

Our OCIs showed up as received on cgsf website today and asked us to send the passports for you visa stamp and sticker.

If I am applying as a family of four members, should I submit two copies of PARTB for each member of my family? or two copies for the whole family sufficient ?

For Each Applicant:

Set 1: Part A, Part B, Supporting documents
Set2: Part A, Part B, Supporting documents

Hi Friends,

I have a quick question on name tally with India Passport and US Passport

I am going to apply OCI card and i got stuck with name tally, here is my question

My India Passport contains name like this:

Lastname + Middle Name

First Name

And my US Passport name like this:

Last Name

First Name + Middle Name

I filled my US passport application with First Name, Last name & Middle name

Is this common with US Passport comes with
First Name + Middle Name
Last Name
?

Please advice, Can I apply my OCI application

There is no change in my name spellings or any thing only middle name they print in US passport with first name

Is this an isssue to apply OCI card, I am worried :-(

Bestbuddy -
With indian consulate you never know how they will react. I will say you send an email inquiry with your situation and see what they reply (unless anybody here has experienced the same). My OCI was returned back a few days back because my middle name is not listed in the US PP but it is in the Nat. Cert and I have not changed my name.

Hi Friends,

I have a quick question on name tally with India Passport and US Passport

I am going to apply OCI card and i got stuck with name tally, here is my question

My India Passport contains name like this:

Lastname + Middle Name

First Name

And my US Passport name like this:

Last Name

First Name + Middle Name

I filled my US passport application with First Name, Last name & Middle name

Is this common with US Passport comes with
First Name + Middle Name
Last Name
?

Please advice, Can I apply my OCI application

There is no change in my name spellings or any thing only middle name they print in US passport with first name

Is this an isssue to apply OCI card, I am worried :-(

Bestbuddy -
With indian consulate you never know how they will react. I will say you send an email inquiry with your situation and see what they reply (unless anybody here has experienced the same). My OCI was returned back a few days back because my middle name is not listed in the US PP but it is in the Nat. Cert and I have not changed my name.

I guess you should be fine. They do understand how big and complicated Indian names can be. As long as all the names exist on indian and US passport (in any order), it should be ok. Just explain them in the cover letter as well as a note on the passports saying what your actual name is (last, first, middle) and how it should read (the order) on both the passports.

Good Luck

Thank you so much sg930 & m_ghost

I will include a cover letter and explain them about my name

Regards,
bestbuddy

My OCI application was mailed back to me without processing end of May after the fee change. They did not ask for return fee and just included teh new checklist with the documents. There are handwritten notes from them on part A of the first applicant. I applied and recently received the surrender certificate, bascially the renunciation form with passport cancellation stamp at the bottom. Here are my questions:

1. Do I send the original US passports with the OCI application?
2. Do I send the original renunciation form with the passport cancellation stamp (I guess this is the surrender certficate) or a copy? If I send a copy do I self-attest it?
3. Can I send the original OCI applicatuion that CGISF returned to me? This application was printed in April and part a of first application has notes from them in red ink.

Thanks for your help!

My OCI application was mailed back to me without processing end of May after the fee change. They did not ask for return fee and just included teh new checklist with the documents. There are handwritten notes from them on part A of the first applicant. I applied and recently received the surrender certificate, bascially the renunciation form with passport cancellation stamp at the bottom. Here are my questions:

2. Do I send the original renunciation form with the passport cancellation stamp (I guess this is the surrender certficate) or a copy? If I send a copy do I self-attest it?
3. Can I send the original OCI applicatuion that CGISF returned to me? This application was printed in April and part a of first application has notes from them in red ink.

Thanks for your help!

That is your choice. If you do not send it with application, they will ask for it when they have the documents back from Delhi.

Send the Original

Did you make any extra copies of the forms for your records ? otherwise you shpuld be able to re print all the documents from the online registration link (they have a link on the page that says re print applications)

Thanks! I do have a blank copy of the part A. The application was printed back on 4/12/2010. So I should take out the form A (the one Consulate made notes on) from the initial application that they returned and replace it with a newly completed part A (same case number as before)?

That is your choice. If you do not send it with application, they will ask for it when they have the documents back from Delhi.

Send the Original

Did you make any extra copies of the forms for your records ? otherwise you shpuld be able to re print all the documents from the online registration link (they have a link on the page that says re print applications)

Finally I received my OCI book + stamp in US Passport.

Application received at CGI-SF: 06/08
Acknowledged: 06/16
Granted/Scanned: 06/17
Printed: 06/23
Dispatched: 06/25
Received OCI book+passports: 07/02

I sent US passport + Indian passports (old ones too) + Original SC along with my OCI package.
I self attested any photocopy attached.
Made two complete sets of all supporting documents.

I affixed two pictures to Part A and attached 4 additional pictures. CGI sent back 4 addditional pictures.

Hi All,

I have one quick question on below OCI required documents:
Pl. provide two self-attested photocopies of the first two and last two pages and US visa page of the Indian passport (if OPTION A is chosen in Serial No. 8 above) or of documents listed in OPTION B (if OPTION B is chosen in S. N. 8)

With my current Indian passport i do not have US Visa, the reason i renewed my Indian Passport in 2008 and that time i have already green card, So how can i send a US Visa page? do i need to take photo copy of my H1 visa stamp from my expired passport?

What is exactly US visa page mean? is this port of entry stamp from the passport page?

My other question on:
TWO COPIES OF PART A (signed by each applicant)
TWO COPIES OF PART B, (signed by applicant/head of family (in case applying for upto 4 members of family)

That mean i need make each document 4 copies and make 2 Sets of Part A & 2 Sets of Part B

do i need to self attested each photo copy?

Please advice

Thanks! I do have a blank copy of the part A. The application was printed back on 4/12/2010. So I should take out the form A (the one Consulate made notes on) from the initial application that they returned and replace it with a newly completed part A (same case number as before)?

yes. everything should be the same. Just re submit it.

Hi All,

I have one quick question on below OCI required documents:
Pl. provide two self-attested photocopies of the first two and last two pages and US visa page of the Indian passport (if OPTION A is chosen in Serial No. 8 above) or of documents listed in OPTION B (if OPTION B is chosen in S. N. 8)

With my current Indian passport i do not have US Visa, the reason i renewed my Indian Passport in 2008 and that time i have already green card, So how can i send a US Visa page? do i need to take photo copy of my H1 visa stamp from my expired passport?

What is exactly US visa page mean? is this port of entry stamp from the passport page?

My other question on:
TWO COPIES OF PART A (signed by each applicant)
TWO COPIES OF PART B, (signed by applicant/head of family (in case applying for upto 4 members of family)

That mean i need make each document 4 copies and make 2 Sets of Part A & 2 Sets of Part B

do i need to self attested each photo copy?

Please advice

I submitted first 2 and last 2 pages of current Indian Passport as well as the first 2 and last 2 and the US visa page from the Original Indian Passport used to enter USA.
US visa page means page containing US visa in the passport. They dont care about the immigration officer stamp.

For Each applicant:
Set1: PartA, PartB, Supporting Documents
Set2: PartA, PartB, Supporting documents.

Finally recd. my OCI

After a longer than expected journy (and $$$ too), I got my OCI with U visa back on the 3rd.
Minutes/Hours before I was changing my residence....

Good luck to others on this forum.

I submitted first 2 and last 2 pages of current Indian Passport as well as the first 2 and last 2 and the US visa page from the Original Indian Passport used to enter USA.
US visa page means page containing US visa in the passport. They dont care about the immigration officer stamp.

For Each applicant:
Set1: PartA, PartB, Supporting Documents
Set2: PartA, PartB, Supporting documents.

What do you do if you don't have your original Indian passport used to enter the U.S.? I was 4 when I originally came to this country, so I don't have that passport. I don't think my parents have it, but I'm checking. And my last held Indian passport doesn't have the US visa.

Also, has anyone had luck retrieving the I-130 form using FOIA? My documentation would be at almost 40 years old and I don' t know if the U.S. Gov't would still have that paperwork.

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE AND BEST OF LUCK

Make sure you make 2 seperate sets with documents.

for each applicant:

Set1: PartA + PARTB + Supporting documents

Set2: PartA + PartB + Supporting documents.

If you include a original document with " set 1", attach photocopy of the same for "set 2" as you can only have one Original.

Hi,
1) Do I need to self attest all the copy I submit. like copy of naturalization certificate etc.
2) Do we need to send original surrender certificate or a copy of it?
Thanks

Hi,
1) Do I need to self attest all the copy I submit. like copy of naturalization certificate etc.
2) Do we need to send original surrender certificate or a copy of it?
Thanks

Only certain items needs self attestation. If you look at the cgisf website they have mentioned which items need self attestation.

Yes they need the original Surender Certificate

Question:

So for US born kids if we follow the checklist
#7 - 2 copies of Birth Cert
#8 - 2 copies of Birth Cert + Father US PP (2 pg) + Father Indian PP (4 pg) + Mother US PP (2 pg) + Mother Indian PP (4 pg)
#11 - Photocopy of docs being submitted in 8 - so do they need everything of #8 again for the US born kids?
Anybody has recent experience or can shed some light on how you are doing it? To me its ridiculas (at least when applying as a family) but wanted to hear from Gurus here.

Only certain items needs self attestation. If you look at the cgisf website they have mentioned which items need self attestation.

Yes they need the original Surender Certificate