OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Hi AKGarg,
Our family has got a granted status on OCI. Our documents have reached sfo on 12/24/08. We had also sent our original passports and a Self Addressed Stamped USPS Express Mail Envelop for Returning Documents of $16.50 with the OCI Application itself.

Do we need to do anything else now? When should we expect our oci card etc?

Thanks.

Mehul.

Hi AKGarg,
Our family has got a granted status on OCI. Our documents have reached sfo on 12/24/08. We had also sent our original passports and a Self Addressed Stamped USPS Express Mail Envelop for Returning Documents of $16.50 with the OCI Application itself.

Do we need to do anything else now? When should we expect our oci card etc?

Thanks.

Mehul.

If not this week, you should definitely get your passports back next week (week of 1/5/09). If you saved the tracking number from the USPS Express Mail envelope, see if you can track it on USPS web site.

Please advise on OCI Next step

Hi,

My aunt has applied for her OCI and the online OCI enquiry status indicates that the status is GRANTED and that the form has been received at San Francisco (after it has been processed at New Delhi). Now, what is the next step she has to do? Do we wait to hear from San Francisco office? The SFO office has received the application back from New Delhi on Dec 25, 2008 but we have not heard anything so far. I'd appreciate info on how to proceed further.

Thanks

-manirad

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

My aunt has applied for her OCI and the online OCI enquiry status indicates that the status is GRANTED and that the form has been received at San Francisco (after it has been processed at New Delhi). Now, what is the next step she has to do? Do we wait to hear from San Francisco office? The SFO office has received the application back from New Delhi on Dec 25, 2008 but we have not heard anything so far. I'd appreciate info on how to proceed further.

Thanks

-manirad

I wonder why this could not have been posted on the San Francisco Tracker thread. Also this topic has been discussed many times on that thread. Any way, follow the instructions at http://www.cgisf.org/oc/Dispatch.html for next step.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry I did not know there was another SF tracker elsewhere - I just googled OCI and came across this one and registered there and posted a request w/o checking which area it was for since I thought OCI rules should be the same. In anycase, thanks a lot for the link!

Regards
-mainrad

OCI: Why is nobody mailing US Passport with original application?

Is there a reason not to mail the original US Passports with the OCI application?

Last edited by a moderator:
Passport with OCI

Is there a reason not to mail the original US Passports with the OCI application?

I remember reading in CGISF website, advising against sending Passport, if you have a trip planned soon. Other than that, they actually do advise you to do so, which is what I exactly did.

OCI Process in San Francisco

I am applying for OCI in SFO and would appreciate if a few questions are answered.

Application is for a family of 3 (2 adults, 1 child)

1) Do we need to sent original indian passports with the application or can we mail it later along with US passports (after OCI is granted)?

2) What is the photo size required - 2" x2" OR 35mm x 35mm?

3) For return mail is the standard 8½ x 11" USPS express mail envelope with flat rate postate is OK?

4) I had registered online earlier 8 montha ago but did not apply right away. Can I use the forms from that registration or do I need to register again?

5) Can we send one postal money order for $825?

I am applying for OCI in SFO and would appreciate if a few questions are answered.

Application is for a family of 3 (2 adults, 1 child)

1) Do we need to sent original indian passports with the application or can we mail it later along with US passports (after OCI is granted)?

2) What is the photo size required - 2" x2" OR 35mm x 35mm?

3) For return mail is the standard 8½ x 11" USPS express mail envelope with flat rate postate is OK?

4) I had registered online earlier 8 montha ago but did not apply right away. Can I use the forms from that registration or do I need to register again?

5) Can we send one postal money order for $825?

1. You can send your Indian passports later along with US passports.
2. 2"x2" (standard US passport photos) are acceptable.
3. Yes, flat rate USPS Express Mail postage is fine.
4. If all the information is still correct, you can use the same forms.
5. Yes.

I am just getting ready to send OCI application package to CGI in San Francisco. Since I am applying for my family together ( myself + wife + 1 child), I will submit:

a) Part A signed and photo attached for each member of the family;
b) For each applicant - copies of 1st 2 and last 2 pages of indian passport - self attested;
c) For each applicant - Copies of pages 3 and 4 of US passport - self attested;
d) For whole family - one part B signed by both parents;
e) Another set of a) thru d) with original signatures and photos in second set (signatures after copies are made).
f) Total fees of $825 by Postal Money Order ($275 x 3)

Is this the correct documentation needed? Are only 2 photos needed for each applicant (both pasted on to part A)?

Do we need copies of last 2 pages of US passport also? There is no information except the barcode and passport number which is also present page 4.

Can we staple each set together?

In part B the first question is about relatives in India. I am just including my parents. The space provided is very small to write legibly. Can we include a separate sheet?

I plan to send mailing fees later when I sent original passports after OCI is granted.

I would very much appreciate if anyone knowledgeable can answer these questions. Thanks!

-nkm

How many days does it take for the OCI application to get acknowledged after it is received by CGI San Francisco? My application was received by them on April 21st but the online message still shows "Not yet Acknowledged".
Any input appreciated!

How many days does it take for the OCI application to get acknowledged after it is received by CGI San Francisco? My application was received by them on April 21st but the online message still shows "Not yet Acknowledged".
Any input appreciated!

I am also in the same boat. It has been nearly 3 weeks since my application was received (per the express delivery confirmation) at SF consulate but my application has not yet been acknowledged.

OCI acknowledged

Sent: April 20th
Received at CGI SFO: April 21st
Acknowledged (File numbers generated) May 11th

guess what? SF Consulate returned my application today as it is:-(. apparently my photos were no good. Can anyone tell me which is a good place to get photographs? The general instructions for pictures is very confusing to say the least. Do they accept the standard polaroid passport photographs that we get at places like Walgreens? After all, they are generally good for US passports.

guess what? SF Consulate returned my application today as it is:-(. apparently my photos were no good. Can anyone tell me which is a good place to get photographs? The general instructions for pictures is very confusing to say the least. Do they accept the standard polaroid passport photographs that we get at places like Walgreens? After all, they are generally good for US passports.

Yes, regular US passport photos are acceptable.

Yes, regular US passport photos are acceptable.

thanks, one of the confusions is the consulate web site says the background should be "light" but not "white". The photos I sent in my application were kind of whitish but I don't know where they draw the line. Also the other thing is the size. Most of the standard photographs will be much bigger than the space the provided in the application.

I took photos at home and used epassportphotos.com to get 2"x2" size passport photos which I then printed at Walgreens (20cents for 6 photos)

Sent: April 20th (3 applications - H+W+1C)
Acknowledged (File numbers generated) May 11th for all
Photos Scanned (May 12th) for all

OCISUG, did your application show up in the OCI system at ociindia.nic.in?

I took photos at home and used epassportphotos.com to get 2"x2" size passport photos which I then printed at Walgreens (20cents for 6 photos)

Sent: April 20th (3 applications - H+W+1C)
Acknowledged (File numbers generated) May 11th for all
Photos Scanned (May 12th) for all

OCISUG, did your application show up in the OCI system at ociindia.nic.in?

nope. It still says not yet acknowledged when I type my USASI number. One other question: when you took the picture at home what background did you use? Did you do it against a wall (off white color in most houses) or did you use any bedsheet or something else?