OCI - New York Tracker

Okay an some initial screw-up, roaming around in NY, (NY 10022 --> NY Sorting Facility --> NY 10022), my Priority mail envelope is on its way and has reached a USPS sorting center close to my residence in NJ, so I hope to see it my mailbox either today or at the most tomorrow. Let's see...

No, not at all. Before printing the return label I had saved a PDF copy of the USPS Return Label and it clearly shows my address as SHIP TO address in bold , while it has a tiny Travisa FROM address. I always keep good electronic record of all documents that I had sent during my Naturalization, US PP application and now OCI, so that I can verify each step. So I am 100% sure.

Also when you create address label online on USPS website and pay for it using credit card or Paypla their system immediately sends a CLICK-TO-SHIP SHIPPING CONFIRMATION email which again shows my address as delivery address.I have written to both Travisa and USPS to check on this and have called USPS who had told me that maybe the package got wrongly routed so I should wait for 5 days, since after 5 days it is considered late for Priority date (so that will be coming Monday) and if it is still not received then I should contact them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
mogambo1, I hope you will get it today. You are so close toNY, I feel you should have collected it couple of days ago- safe and happy.

Thanks, but all this activity happened 3 days ago (1/14/2013) moreover going to NY is not that easy, its virtually a waste of an entire day and more money for travelling to NY from NJ.

mogambo1, I hope you will get it today. You are so close toNY, I feel you should have collected it couple of days ago- safe and happy.

Finally got everything in mail 30min ago. All done I guess.
Updated my signature.

Thanks, but all this activity happened 3 days ago (1/14/2013) moreover going to NY is not that easy, its virtually a waste of an entire day and more money for travelling to NY form NJ.

DONE: See my updated signature... received OCI for all family members..Thanks to all..

DONE: Received OCI for all of my family members and another journey ended here. Thanks to all of you.

Special Thanks to Rajiv Khanna & his associates for providing a forum, which provided me a service for more than 9 years.

Thanks & Regards.

Congrats.
DONE: Received OCI for all of my family members and another journey ended here. Thanks to all of you.

Special Thanks to Rajiv Khanna & his associates for providing a forum, which provided me a service for more than 9 years.

Thanks & Regards.

Congrats Mogambo and Malia

Thanks and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congrats mogambo1 and malia. My wife's citizenship interview is tomorrow. Thus, if everything goes well, she is expected to go through the OCI process in a couple of months. But, at least now I have first hand experience.

Well congrats to you too for becoming USC and becoming citizen of India once again :)

Congrats mogambo1 and malia. My wife's citizenship interview is tomorrow. Thus, if everything goes well, she is expected to go through the OCI process in a couple of months. But, at least now I have first hand experience.

Thanks akayal1973.

akayal1973, Thanks. I am sure your wife will do good in citizenship interview. Good Luck.

Renunciation & OCI Together in New York Consulatate via TraVisa

Friends,
Can I submit my Renunciation & OCI form together in New York Consulatate via TraVisa ? How was your experience ?

How was your experience at TraVisa NY office ? How long did it take ?

I applied for the OCI card today. Here is my timeline -

05/04/2012 - Service order form completed online
05/14/2012 - Submitted OCI & renunciation application in person at Travisa NY office.

How was your experience at TraVisa NY office ? How long did it take ? I am surprised that they have accepted both renunciation and OCI together.

Friends,
Can I submit my Renunciation & OCI form together in New York Consulatate via TraVisa ? How was your experience ?

Hi all,

I am a US citizen. I wanted to apply for my Renunciation & OCI card.

Does Renunciation should be processed first before applying for OCI card? Appreciate your feedback. I am totally confused with the process.

Many thanks

Here's my timeline
Applied for both Renunciation and OCI on 25th July 2013
Reached BLS on 26th Jully
Application Date (according to BLS): 16-Aug-2013
Application reaches New Delhi on 20th Aug
Processing Time line in New Delhi
Date Of Acknowledgment 20-AUG-2013
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On: 11-SEP-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 13-SEP-2013
Document received At NEW YORK CGI On 18-SEP-2013
No Communication from BLS to me after OCI reached CGI NY (The timeline at New Delhi above was based on the online status)
I send in my US passport to BLS on 4th Oct 2013, reaches BLS on 7th Oct 2013. No online updates on either BLS (shown as processing at consulate general) or Indian Gov website
Receive US passport with lifelong India Visa, OCI Card and Cancelled Indian passport with certificate of renunciation on 22 Oct 2013

Hi Kaushik/anyone who can shed some light!

I applied for OCI along with renunciation in the second week of July. Here is the timeline:

Date Of Acknowledgment 17-JUL-2013
Registration Status at Mission NEW YORK CGI
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 07-AUG-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 08-AUG-2013
Document received At NEW YORK CGI On 13-AUG-2013

I have not heard anything from BLS or NY CGI since then. I have tickets booked to India in the first week of December. I have called the BLS office almost every day in the past 2 weeks. But there has not been any progress. They just keep saying I need to wait. I simply can not wait since I have a India trip coming up in about a month.

When I called them today and asked if I can visit them in person to see whats going on, they said no and it wouldn't help. Also, they suggested not to send the U.S passport for match up until I hear from them. I am just stuck and don't know what to do!

Can anyone suggest anything to expedite the process?

If BLS does not entertain you in person, what is the solution?

If BLS does not entertain you in person, what is the solution?

Hi Kaushik/anyone who can shed some light!

I applied for OCI along with renunciation in the second week of July. Here is the timeline:

Date Of Acknowledgment 17-JUL-2013
Registration Status at Mission NEW YORK CGI
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 07-AUG-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 08-AUG-2013
Document received At NEW YORK CGI On 13-AUG-2013

I have not heard anything from BLS or NY CGI since then. I have tickets booked to India in the first week of December. I have called the BLS office almost every day in the past 2 weeks. But there has not been any progress. They just keep saying I need to wait. I simply can not wait since I have a India trip coming up in about a month.

When I called them today and asked if I can visit them in person to see whats going on, they said no and it wouldn't help. Also, they suggested not to send the U.S passport for match up until I hear from them. I am just stuck and don't know what to do!

Can anyone suggest anything to expedite the process?