OCI - New York Tracker

I think you said you shipped via Fedex, so I assume you might also have provided Fedex shipping label and Fedex envelope inside your application for Renunciation as well as for OCI. Are you able to track your package yet, by checking the tracking numbers provided on any of your return envelopes?

I had provided USPS Priority mail labels and envelopes, but by using both tracking numbers I am still not able to track my return package even though my status is showing passport mailed on 1/7/2013. I am wondering why, is there any problem creating a shipping label on 11/22/2013 and using it for return shipping on 1/7/2013.

Pl see my updated signature. Hope PP/OCI will reach by Friday 01/18.

Return FedEx shipping label: I am able to track my package when its picked from T

Yes, I provided return FedEx shipping label and I am able to track my package when its picked from Travisa. Now, FedEx website is showing - "Picked up" and tentative delivery Fri 01/18 - 7 PM.

Looking at issues/problems while processing Renunciation & OCI together & fear of loosing either - Renunciation certificates, and other docs, I filed application for Renunciation first and then I applied for OCI. Also, I applied OCI separately for my kids & me as I heard the same story which happened with our fellow member - good_y.

I think in few cases, Travisa/CGI is messing up to handle too many docs e.g. Four renunciation certificates (husband wife & 2 kids), Four US passports (husband wife & 2 kids) & Four OCI (husband wife & 2 kids). I also understand "process complication" Travisa side that - its very difficult to manage too many docs & "whole bunch of papers" by Outsourcing guys as there are too many players - Travisa, CGI NY & Delhi office.

By the way, my sons OCI received just now - today & it was processed peperfectly. My daughters OCI is coming tomorrow -1/16 & my OCI is coming on Fri 01/18.
I think you said you shipped via Fedex, so I assume you might also have provided Fedex shipping label and Fedex envelope inside your application for Renunciation as well as for OCI. Are you able to track your package yet, by checking the tracking numbers provided on any of your return envelopes?

I had provided USPS Priority mail labels and envelopes, but by using both tracking numbers I am still not able to track my return package even though my status is showing passport mailed on 1/7/2013. I am wondering why, is there any problem creating a shipping label on 11/22/2013 and using it for return shipping on 1/7/2013.

Yes..Travisa sends Tracking number in the email

Yes..Travisa sends Tracking number in the email and that tracking# is nothing but the "Return Label" you have sent along with application.

Does anyone know whether Travisa sends Tracking number in the email before they dispatch the passport with OCI?

Thanks for your reply. I am yet to receive an email containing the tracking number for my passport return mail. I had sent them USPS Priority Mail return label and return envelope along with my application but had created them online on 11/22/2013 (the day I had mailed my application). Lets see when I would receive my tracking number, although I have tracking number from the time when I had created the shipping label but id does not show any tracking information yet.

Did you send you OWN Fedex Shipping label or you chose to include extra shipping charge during the application process? I think it was $24 for shipping additional added to the application fee.

Yes..Travisa sends Tracking number in the email and that tracking# is nothing but the "Return Label" you have sent along with application.

The last email I had received form Travisa is below. I did not receive the email containing the tracking number. From the email description it is clear that they have used "MY SUPPLIED USPS Priority Mail shipping label" to ship my PP back to me, but they did not copy the USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number from the Shipping Label to the email.

And by the way I had to enclose 2 shipping labels and prepaid envelopes (one for each of my applications: 1 for Renunciation and 1 for OCI) since I had applied together, but none of them are showing tracking information

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Travisa Outsourcing has received your documents (application #1614XXXXX) back from the Indian Embassy/Consulate. We have verified your documents have been processed correctly. The service for which you applied is OCI-New OCI Card (Adult)

Your documents are being sent back to you via the following method:

USPS Priority Mail

If mail back, waiting for courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow. For your reference, your Application Id is 1614XXXXX.
Sincerely,
Travisa Outsourcing

This is an automatically generated email. Do NOT reply.
For renewing or adding pages to your passport, or for visas to other countries such as:
China, Russia, Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, Travisa can help.

Stay Travel-Ready with the Travisa Visa App for iPhone® and Android®
Travisa Outsourcing is on Twitter!

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprising...See mail to me which mentions Tracking#

Surprising...See mail to me which mentions Tracking#. Not sure why Tracking# is not mentioned when its thru USPS. Also, make a note that I received ONLY ONE email which mentions FedEx Tracking# an DID NOT received "separate" email with tracking#.

FedEx
Outbound Tracking Number: 794447xxxxxx (Please note that package tracking information may not show in the FedEx system immediately)

If mail back, waiting for courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow. For your reference, your Application Id is 879999999.

Sincerely,
Travisa Outsourcing

The last email that i had received form Travisa are below, I did not receive the email containing the tracking number. From the email description it is clear that they have used MY SUPPLIED USPS Priority Mail shipping label to ship my PP back to me, but they did not copy the USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number form the Shipping Label to the email.

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Travisa Outsourcing has received your documents (application #1614XXXXX) back from the Indian Embassy/Consulate. We have verified your documents have been processed correctly. The service for which you applied is OCI-New OCI Card (Adult)

USPS Priority Mail

If mail back, waiting for courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow. For your reference, your Application Id is 1614XXXXX.
Sincerely,
Travisa Outsourcing

For renewing or adding pages to your passport, or for visas to other countries such as:

Well, guess what, I just ended a call with Travisa agent and inquired why a tracking number email was not sent to me? She said since I did not provide a mailing label with tracking number, which is BS as the priority mail return label DOES HAVE tracking number and I did enclose the tracking number containing address label and prepaid envelope. It is surprising that even though they may say anything which I care less, but why is the tracking information not being shown by USPS website when I am tracking the package with the tracking number that I kept with me which creating the address label so that I can track it later. This is all possible provided they have used my address label.

The last email that i had received form Travisa are below, I did not receive the email containing the tracking number. From the email description it is clear that they have used MY SUPPLIED USPS Priority Mail shipping label to ship my PP back to me, but they did not copy the USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number form the Shipping Label to the email.

And by the way I had to enclose 2 shipping labels and prepaid envelopes (one for each of my applications: 1 for Renunciation and 1 for OCI) since I had applied together, but none of them are showing tracking information

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

USPS Priority Mail

Sincerely,
Travisa Outsourcing

Thanks Malia, for pasting the contents of your email here.

Actually I had received 2 emails from Travisa.

First one at 11.58am yesterday stating that "documents had been received back from CGI, NY".
Second one at 12.02pm yesterday stating that "PP was mailed back to me by Priority mail".

Did they send Renunciation Certificate + OCI Booklet + your child's US PP in same return envelope? Or did they sent it in separate envelopes as they had asked us to supply one envelope for Renunciation and one for OCI. But maybe you wont know as you said that you had applied for Renunciation first and after receiving that you had applied for OCI. I did not have so much time so had applied together.

Surprising...See mail to me which mentions Tracking#. Not sure why Tracking# is not mentioned when its thru USPS. Also, make a note that I received ONLY ONE email which mentions FedEx Tracking# an DID NOT received "separate" email with tracking#.

FedEx
Outbound Tracking Number: 794447xxxxxx (Please note that package tracking information may not show in the FedEx system immediately)

If mail back, waiting for courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow. For your reference, your Application Id is 879999999.

Sincerely,
Travisa Outsourcing

I also received 2 emails from Travisa and "content" of second mail I pasted in earlier posting

1. I also received 2 emails from Travisa and I pasted "content" of second mail in earlier posting of mine. This second mail has mentioned FedEx Track#

2. Regarding your questions regarding - Renunciation certificates & Return Envelopes and filing OCI for kids:
Looking at issues/problems while processing Renunciation & OCI together & fear of loosing either - Renunciation certificates, and other docs, I filed application for Renunciation first and then I applied for OCI. Also, I applied OCI separately for my kids & me as I heard the same story which happened with our fellow member - good_y.

I think in few cases, Travisa/CGI is messing up to handle too many docs e.g. Four renunciation certificates (husband wife & 2 kids), Four US passports (husband wife & 2 kids) & Four OCI (husband wife & 2 kids). I also understand "process complication" Travisa side that - its very difficult to manage too many docs & "whole bunch of papers" by Outsourcing guys as there are too many players - Travisa, CGI NY & Delhi office.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Malia, for pasting the contents of your email here.

Actually I had received 2 emails from Travisa.

First one at 11.58am yesterday stating that "documents had been received back from CGI, NY".
Second one at 12.02pm yesterday stating that "PP was mailed back to me by Priority mail".

Did they send Renunciation Certificate + OCI Booklet + your child's US PP in same return envelope? Or did they sent it in separate envelopes as they had asked us to supply one envelope for Renunciation and one for OCI. But maybe you wont know as you said that you had applied for Renunciation first and after receiving that you had applied for OCI. I did not have so much time so had applied together.

Well all I can do now is wait, assuming they Priority Mailed it on 1/14/2013 from NY, it should arrive in NJ at the most by tomorrow 1/16/2013. Its just 1.5 hr drive to NY City from here (South New Jersey).

1. I also received 2 emails from Travisa and I pasted "content" of second mail in earlier posting of mine. This second mail has mentioned FedEx Track#

2. Regarding your questions regarding - Renunciation certificates & Return Envelopes and filing OCI for kids:

Hope this helps.

Guys any idea US Citizen DO NOT requires Visa for which countries..?

Guys, I know this is not right forum but any idea - US citizen DO NOT requires Visa for which countries..? I am traveling back home & cheeking with you guys that whether I will go via UK or Paris then whether I will require visa. I understand that US Citizen DO NOT requires visa for European countries. Thanks.

I think you do not need visa for EU countries, japan, Middle east, Australia NZ etc. You need visa most of the asian countries like China, Pakistan, India ----. I do not know about malaysia and Singapore.

Thanks good_y...UPDATE- received PP/OCI of son, daughter& hopefully mine will be tomorrow..

I think you do not need visa for EU countries, japan, Middle east, Australia NZ etc. You need visa most of the asian countries like China, Pakistan, India ----. I do not know about malaysia and Singapore.

Thanks good_y. UPDATE - I received perfectly processed - PP/OCI of my son & daughter and hopefully I will receive my PP/OCI tomorrow

Now my tracking number started showing tracking information, but to my surprise the place of origin of my mail is NY 10022 and then it went to Bethpage, NY and now it is out for delivery again in NY 10022. What a loop, I dont knwo who screwed it, why it came to post office in NY 10022 then went to sorting center in Bethpage, NY and then again out for delivery in NY 10022.

I live in NJ 01808, so the destination zip code is 08108, not 10022, where Travisa is situated. So it was picked from Travisa (10022) and then seems will again be delivered to Travisa (10022). I wrote to both USPS and Travisa, lets see what happens next.

I am in hurry to travel to India and now this mess is delaying my visit and I am loosing money @ Rs4000/day.

Thanks good_y. UPDATE - I received perfectly processed - PP/OCI of my son & daughter and hopefully I will receive my PP/OCI tomorrow

Some "Gotcha" regarding your destination zip code 08108, not 10022 but dont know what...

Some "Gotcha" regarding your destination zip code is 08108, not 10022 but dont know what...

Now my tracking number started showing tracking information, but to my surprise the place of origin of my mail is NY 10022 and then it went to Bethpage, NY and now it is out for delivery again in NY 10022. What a loop, I dont knwo who screwed it, why it came to post office in NY 10022 then went to sorting center in Betghpage, NY and then again out for delivery in NY 10022.

I like in NJ 01808, so the destination zip code is 08108, not 10022.

I think "Return Label" you provided was delivery address of Travisa...

I think by mistake the "Return Label" you provided was having delivery address of Travisa, therefore, it was sent from Travisa and again going back to Travisa.

Relieve from all tension/worries and as you are in hurry travel, you call Travisa & ask them to "hold" your package and as you stay close by in South NJ, collect in person your package.

Now my tracking number started showing tracking information, but to my surprise the place of origin of my mail is NY 10022 and then it went to Bethpage, NY and now it is out for delivery again in NY 10022. What a loop, I dont knwo who screwed it, why it came to post office in NY 10022 then went to sorting center in Bethpage, NY and then again out for delivery in NY 10022.

I live in NJ 01808, so the destination zip code is 08108, not 10022, where Travisa is situated. So it was picked from Travisa (10022) and then seems will again be delivered to Travisa (10022). I wrote to both USPS and Travisa, lets see what happens next.

I am in hurry to travel to India and now this mess is delaying my visit and I am loosing money @ Rs4000/day.

No, not at all. Before printing the return label I had saved a PDF copy of the USPS Return Label and it clearly shows my address as SHIP TO address in bold , while it has a tiny Travisa FROM address. I always keep good electronic record of all documents that I had sent during my Naturalization, US PP application and now OCI, so that I can verify each step. So I am 100% sure.

Also when you create address label online on USPS website and pay for it using credit card or Paypla their system immediately sends a CLICK-TO-SHIP SHIPPING CONFIRMATION email which again shows my address as delivery address.I have written to both Travisa and USPS to check on this and have called USPS who had told me that maybe the package got wrongly routed so I should wait for 5 days, since after 5 days it is considered late for Priority date (so that will be coming Monday) and if it is still not received then I should contact them again.

I think by mistake the "Return Label" you provided was having delivery address of Travisa, therefore, it was sent from Travisa and again going back to Travisa.

Relieve from all tension/worries and as you are in hurry travel, you call Travisa & ask them to "hold" your package and as you stay close by in South NJ, collect in person your package.