My OCI has reached to NYCG.

Timeline:
Photo/Signature Scanned On 11-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On 12-MAY-2011
Printed: 09-JUN-2011
Dispatched : 13-JUN-2011
Received at Consulate : 16-JUN-2011
Received and verified by Travisa : ???
Passport+OCI mailed out by Travisa : ???
Passport+OCI received in hand : ???

Still as of today the online status is showing fiel not acknowledged by mission office.

Here is my timeline

06/02/2011: Sent OCI application to Travisa office NY
06/06/2011: Application recieved by Travisa office

How do I check status on Travisa website?

I went to Track your Passport but it is asking for application id I dont have it. how to retrieve the application id or what exactly is application id for OCI application.

Tried calling Travisa on the number provided on the website under contact us but the call is not goig through. Also tried emailing them but the email wont go through without application id.

Please Help

Your application id is the id you received when you filled in the order form with Travisa. Hopefully you have a copy of the same. If not, they should have sent you an email confirming your online order filling. The id should be in the email.

Your application id is the id you received when you filled in the order form with Travisa. Hopefully you have a copy of the same. If not, they should have sent you an email confirming your online order filling. The id should be in the email.

I did recieve confirmatory email from them after I filled in the OCI application online but it does not have any application id in it. I have the email in my mailbox.

It only contains following info
Registration No: USANIXXXXXXX
Passport No: XXXXXXXXX
Name:
DOB: XX/XX/XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
here is my time line:

Date/Time Action
06/06/2011 Shipped Via USPS Priotity Mail
06/04/2011 Service order form completed online
06/09/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
06/13/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/13/2011 Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
06/14/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
06/15/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/15/2011 Documents received by Consulate

My application status on Trivia is still same ( documents received by consulate.) How long does it normally take to process application to the next step? I tried to track my application on passport .gov .in but i guess application is not yet processed by the NY consulate.

My application status on Trivia is still same ( documents received by consulate.) How long does it normally take to process application to the next step? I tried to track my application on passport .gov .in but i guess application is not yet processed by the NY consulate.

Hi bmtd18,

how does the application id look? where can I find the application id since we have similar timeline and I am missing my application id

Hi bmtd18,

how does the application id look? where can I find the application id since we have similar timeline and I am missing my application id

did you use trivisa to fill out application?

This website is not letting me post link but you can find it on trivisa site.
go to oci homepage
click on click here to get started
fill out the guide line with your real naturalization date (cuz that will be printed on the order form.) submit it.
go on number 2. click on order form and fill out your info. that generates application id.

i dont know if you submitted order form or not but if you didnt than i guess you wont be able to track it nomore unless trivisa gives application id to your application. but i guess you would still able to track it on india passport gov site.

Hello Everyone,
My application status shows "Pending approval of the Government of India" for past 10 days, I've seen posts change status to "Photo scanned" and "Printed" on same day or following day, I am just wondering is it normal processing time? or should I be worried?

Please post if any one applied around same time line, or in same situation.

Thanks in advance.

05/14/2011 10:03am EST Sent out OCI application
05/26/2011 10:03am EST Service order form completed online
06/03/2011 3:38pm EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/03/2011 4:01pm EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
06/06/2011 8:58am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/06/2011 10:47am EST Documents received by Consulate
06/09/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India

@Vinay - go to http://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp and use your passport number + registration number to get your status. Travisa will not show you the status of photo scanned, printed etc. These are all statuses on the MHA webpage. From what I have see before, it takes between 2.5 to 3 weeks for status to change to printed after which, add another 2 - 3 weeks for it to get to you. Until travisa receives the package from the consulate, the status on the travisa site will continue to show you the last status you see today.

@Sanket - Do not expect any movement on your application before minimum 3 - 4 weeks. We all have sent our passports and are patiently waiting.

Hello, this is my first post, so please excuse the ignorance

1. I have been reading various posts above saying that it is best to submit the US Passport along with the original OCI application? The instructions on the travisa website clearly state not to do that.
2. I am renouncing my Indian citizenship at the same time as my OCI application, I assume I must mail my Indian passport at the same time as the OCI application?
3. Are there benefits to walking in the application vs mailing it in? The Travisa website seems to imply that I need an appointment to drop off my application but it wont let me make a reservation/appointment.
4. My wife's (2nd Gen Indian) birth certificate (issued in Pennsylvania) does not have her parents names on it. We do however have a copy of her parents Indian passport which shows her name on the passport -- will that be sufficient to prove her Indian origins?

Thanks in advance!

How long does Travisa website takes to update the status of the application. I have the application id and it shows invalid application id on Travisa website.

1. I have been reading various posts above saying that it is best to submit the US Passport along with the original OCI application? The instructions on the travisa website clearly state not to do that.
Earlier you had to send the passport. Just very recently this rule has changed.

2. I am renouncing my Indian citizenship at the same time as my OCI application, I assume I must mail my Indian passport at the same time as the OCI application?
IMO, Yes. If the instruction on the travisa website is not clear, call them and ask them.

3. Are there benefits to walking in the application vs mailing it in? The Travisa website seems to imply that I need an appointment to drop off my application but it wont let me make a reservation/appointment.
From what I have heard or read, it's possible for you to go to Travisa's office and drop your application there. It seems that in that case they will start processing it sooner.

4. My wife's (2nd Gen Indian) birth certificate (issued in Pennsylvania) does not have her parents names on it. We do however have a copy of her parents Indian passport which shows her name on the passport -- will that be sufficient to prove her Indian origins?
No idea.

How long does Travisa website takes to update the status of the application. I have the application id and it shows invalid application id on Travisa website.
Applicaton ID should be a nine digit number which was created while generating the Order Form in the Travisa website. If you're entering the correct number but it still gives an error, then it's better you call Travisa.

Applicaton ID should be a nine digit number which was created while generating the Order Form in the Travisa website. If you're entering the correct number but it still gives an error, then it's better you call Travisa.

Thanks y2k2010. I tried calling them but am kep on hold for hours. I am goinging to try again and keep on trying till I get some answer.

Normally how long does it takes for Travisa to update status on it website. since mine is still showing invalid application id. I have the copy of order form in front of me.

The initial status is almost immediate when you fill in the application online. The status after that varies by when they get to your application. For example, my status shows as follows (the first one showed up immediately after I filled in the application online):

Date/Time Action
05/06/2011 1:14pm EST Service order form completed online
05/12/2011 6:21pm EST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
05/22/2011 3:26pm EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/10/2011 11:52am EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
06/12/2011 9:18am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/13/2011 11:24am EST Documents received by Consulate
06/16/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India

Note the timeline above to get an idea on when the MHA website will start showing details of your application. Mine started showing up on 06/12 evening.

What's funny is that the Embassy received my application on 06/12 and updated the site. Travisa confirms that the consulate received my application on the 13th! Funny!

Note the timeline above to get an idea on when the MHA website will start showing details of your application. Mine started showing up on 06/12 evening.

What's funny is that the Embassy received my application on 06/12 and updated the site. Travisa confirms that the consulate received my application on the 13th! Funny!

Just to make sure, what website you check status after the application is received by consulate and what information you need to check status?.