OCI - New York Tracker

sertra2002 - I don't really care how long it takes for them to process. I just want them to acknowledge that they have received the package. Let's assume for some reason (even though fedex / ups confirms they have delivered it) the package is misplaced / lost - do you realize the headache it would cost to get a replacement passport? In the event of an emergency travel to India, you are pretty much stuck!!!

Just venting out my concern. I understand your point as well, but please realize that everyone is different and everyone has different priorities....

Point taken, complexity. I just feel (as I said, I am guilty of this myself, so probably being hypocritical here) because the system is set up so that we can see our status updates online so soon, we start expecting some 'movement' almost as soon as one step is completed. I fully understand peoples anxiety and have nothing against them. I just feel the 'efficiency' of the online updates is actually their weakness also, if you understand what I mean. That is because we see others status getting updated so soon, we expect the same for ours also.

No update after OCI printed status

Just got update from inquiry website. Docs dispatched today

Last edited by a moderator:
here is my status as of now

Date/Time Action
02/18/2011 4:23pm EST India visa application completed online
02/23/2011 9:13am EST Passport and supporting documents received by Travisa Outsourcing, payment processed
02/23/2011 9:13am EST Outsourcing office has received visa application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
03/08/2011 6:03pm EST Travisa Outsourcing has received your fax, and we are preparing your documents to go to the Consulate shortly.
03/10/2011 2:09pm EST Documents prepared to go to Consulate
03/11/2011 8:32am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing to Consulate
03/11/2011 10:37am EST Documents received by Consulate

status update

Application Status
Photo/Signature Scanned On 12-MAR-2011
Registration Status Granted On 15-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED Documents Printed On 17-MAR-2011

Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

Vivek:
Thanks for the update. I went to online status chk website and went to the forgot registration number link. I entered the passport number and dob and viola! This is what I see for both mine and my wife' case

Application Status
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-MAR-2011 Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

Coincidentally just moved today!!! Try yours..see if you are in the same boat too for ur wifes app..

Update...
Photo/Signature Scanned on 09-MAR-2011
Registration Status Granted On 17-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status
NOT PRINTED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI

NOT YET

Travisa New York - No acknowledgement

NY Travisa received my OCI application on March 8th as indicated by fedex. But no status updates have occurred on Travisa site.

Anyone has had acknowledgements after that please let us know.

NY Travisa received my OCI application on March 8th as indicated by fedex. But no status updates have occurred on Travisa site.

I am in the same situation as your's. Applied on 7th via Overnight, Delivered on 8th as per UPS.So far no update on OCI Track page.

Same boat - received my Travisa a day later (March 09) - pinged them and got a reponse basically saying that they have too many applications in the process and will not be able to give an estimate when the packet will be opened. This was last week.

Hi,
Finally recd OCI documents..crossed the final step of the immigration journey

02/18/2011 India visa application completed online
02/25/2011 India visa application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsoucing
02/25/2011 Application assigned for processing
02/25/2011 Passport and supporting documents received by Travisa Outsourcing, payment processed
02/28/2011 Documents prepared to go to Consulate
03/01/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing to Consulate
03/01/2011 Documents received by Consulate
03/02/2011 Photos scanned
03/03/2011 Registration granted
03/07/2011 Documents Printed
03/11/2011 Documents dispatched
03/15/2011 Documents recd at NY
03/16/2011 Passports sent by Travisa
03/18/2011 Passports and OCI documents recd
Thanks
Vasu

Finally Travisa NY acknowledged having received my OCI (March 21 - took them 9 business days), it will be forwarded to the consulate shortly.

I intend to renounce my Indian citizenship and apply for OCI next week, but I ran into an issue. My Indian passport expired in October 2005. I had NO idea because I just looked at it and never needed it until now! My parents have 20 year passports that were to expire in 2016, and we all applied at the same time for our passports. I guess it's because I was young, but I didn't realise it until today.

So, I filled out the form on Travisa, and it said I owed $250 in penalties, despite the fact that this penalty only applies if your passport expires after January 2005 AND you do not submit it for cancellation within 3 years OF NATURALISATION. I will be naturalised next week, so this should not apply to me. The Travisa lady was puzzled, and asked me to gill out the form again, and if it still didn't work, to call her to see what they could do. I tried again, and it is still showing the penalty, but by the time I was going to call back, they closed, so I thought I'd ask someone here.

It seems there's a bug in the application, eh?

Finally Travisa NY acknowledged having received my OCI (March 21 - took them 9 business days), it will be forwarded to the consulate shortly.

Glad to hear that !!! Mine was delivered to Travisa a day after yours - hopefully will hear the same from them in a day or two.

Glad to hear that !!! Mine was delivered to Travisa a day after yours - hopefully will hear the same from them in a day or two.

Mine is only for a surrender certificate, but just got confirmation that they received the same. My application was received by them on March 8th as well via UPS. So they are about 2 weeks behind schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information. i have downloaded the consolute form . But I don't know how to complete the whole process. Provide some necessary guidelines.

Thanks for the information. i have downloaded the consolute form . But I don't know how to complete the whole process. Provide some necessary guidelines.

My friend I am afraid you will have to read through the OCI Guidelines found at the Travisa website: at https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/oci/guidelines.

Once you fill your details at the above webpage, it will show you the steps and the documents required. If you have a question about a specific point, please post it here.

Oci pending

HI

I have submitted my oci application and sc together on nov 16 2010,I recieved email for acknowledgement of reciept on dec 8 2010.saying that check status after 2 months ,till then not to contact.
I checked after 2 months no status,after sending so many emails they replied ,that they r missing documents,that is my daughters passport copies ,which i submitted.
now i dont know whether they r processing my applcation or it is still pending.
I sent somany e mails no reply,ofcourse they dont answer the phone calls.
I am so frustated,and at this point i dont know what to do. Also i did not recieve my indian passport.can somebody please suggest me what to do .