OCI - New York Tracker

Thanks Redbaron for your reply and info. I also wanted to share how this email looks like

Flag this message[ No Subject ]Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:55 PMFrom: "OCI Cell, CGI New York" <ocistatus@indiacgny.org>Add sender to ContactsTo: "'OCI Cell, CGI New York'" <ocistatus@indiacgny.org>

If you guys read closely then you can see there is NO SUBJECT with this email. Also they have send this email TO themselves. This can be for TESTING or for their own RECORD.

ashokvihar,

I have not seen such an acknowledgment before. May be it's a new procedure as part of some streamlining (my hope) the CGNY is doing. At least, it is some relief to know that your application is under consideration. At least they are saying in the email that if the application is complete in all respects, one would see the acknowledgment date and the file number. That's some relief. So, it is good to know the current time frame as per the email it is taking 3 weeks to see any movement at all after the acknowledgment date and the file number are displayed.
I am waiting for movement of my wife's application after it was acknowledged on Oct 1st (after resubmitting the application). So, I will have wait for another week to hopefully see further movement.

My number is USANI41xxx10
Man you have been waiting only for 3 weeks. They received my OCI application on 09/02, and still nothing.
It's going to 7 weeks tomorrow.
Folks any advice? who to contact and how to contact. This is frustrating.
Thanks

Anybody can help with contacts? thanks in advance.

OCI update

Finally, collected OCI from New York office. Submitted them at 11am and collected them at 4.30pm. This ends my OCI journey. Good luck to everyone in this forum.

email ack from CGINY

Hi my wife and I sent our OCI apps in the same packet but with 2 money orders and we had registered as individual - (not family as last names are different). However, only I got an email from CGINY. Are both supposed to get an email or do they just send an email to one person. Any help is appreciated

Received Email from CGI NY

Got another email today. Posting below for the forum. Kindly give your views..

Flag this messageAcknowledgement of receipt of application at CGI, New YorkFriday, October 22, 2010 11:00 AMFrom: "Mrs. Puspha Kumar" <vccom@indiacgny.org>Add sender to ContactsTo: "'Mrs. Puspha Kumar'" <vccom@indiacgny.org>Cc: "'Consul General of India, New York'" <cg@indiacgny.org>, "'Deputy Consul General'" <dcg@indiacgny.org>

Dear Applicant,

We have received your application which is under process. It will be registered soon. In case you do not see any status online within next 3 weeks, there may be some deficiency for which we shall revert to you soon.

Pushpa Kumar

Vice Consul(Eco & Com)
Consulate General of India
3 East 64th Street
New York 10065
E-mail: vccom@indiacgny.org

Hello Raj

I applied with my spouse in one application but 2 different money orders. They send the email to me but not to my spouse. But the email if you read the previous page states that it is for all aplicants in the package. Did you receive the email as in the previous page of this forum or from Pushpa Kumar or both.

Can you also please give us your timeline; the date you send the package and the date you received the email/s.

Highly Appreciated
Ashok V.

Hi my wife and I sent our OCI apps in the same packet but with 2 money orders and we had registered as individual - (not family as last names are different). However, only I got an email from CGINY. Are both supposed to get an email or do they just send an email to one person. Any help is appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I got 1 email saying

Dear Applicant,
We have received your application which is under process. It will be registered soon. In case you do not see any status online within next 3 weeks, there may be some deficiency for which we shall revert to you soon.
Pushpa Kumar
Vice Consul(Eco & Com)
Consulate General of India
3 East 64th Street
New York 10065
E-mail: vccom@indiacgny.org

I see that the contents of your email are different from mine. Applications were mailed in 1 packet (2 drafts) on Mon Oct 18, and reached their office on OCt 19th. Got the email today Oct 22. I got my SC first and included these in the OCI application. The email was quick by CGINY stds. Let me know what your timeframe is. Thanks. Last time I applied for my PP renewal...they had problems with my photo, then PP verfication took forever despite it being issued at Houston. I had to make several tel calls and lie that a family member was ill before they sent it to me. I don't know what will happen this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello smdk

You can send an email to Pushpa Kumar asking for updates on your applications. Raj got a confirmation email in 3 days of receipt of his application. I have read in this forum that Pushpa Kumar is very helpful nature lady.

Good Luck.

Anybody can help with contacts? thanks in advance.

Hello smdk

You can send an email to Pushpa Kumar asking for updates on your applications. Raj got a confirmation email in 3 days of receipt of his application. I have read in this forum that Pushpa Kumar is very helpful nature lady.

Good Luck.

Thanks Ashok, I will do that.

Collected OCI from CGI-NY

I collected my OCI from CGI-NY yesterday. I applied for both SC and OCI together. It took 12 weeks for them to process the applications and receive the OCI at the consulate.

Reached CGI at around 9:45 AM to drop off the passport. I was not sure which counter to go to. So I got hold of the security guard who was running around the room and asked him. He directed me to counter number 4, which is in the room to your right as you enter the basement area. There was just one person in front of me. The clerk took the US passport and the status print out and asked me to return between 4:30 PM and 5:00 PM to collect the passport and the OCI card. Was out of there in less than 10 minutes of entering the place. Went back at 4:45 PM; there were just two people in front of me. Got the passport and OCI card within 5 minutes of entering the place. Spent 5 minutes checking the documents and U-Visa for possible errors. Again, was out of there in less than 10 minutes.

Got the documents just in time for my first trip to India after becoming US Citizen. I preferred to fly to NYC to get the documents in person rather than risking further delay by sending PP by mail.

Thank you everyone on this forum for their postings here. Those postings provided a wealth of information and helped in deducing an approximate time line for the whole process. Good luck to all those who are waiting for their OCI! I believe there are some improvements happening in the process, one of them being an email acknowledgment from CGI-NY which people seems to be getting lately.

Finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Documents were dispatched to NY.
8/10 - Application Mailed
8/11 - Received at consulate
9/02 - Received call from consulate to send original PIO card
9/03 - Mailed PIO card
9/07 - PIO card received at consulate
9/13 - Status change to Under Process
10/13 - Status change to Granted
10/22 - Document Printed
10/27 - Document Dispatched
Not Yet - Documents Received at CGI-NY

Me too.

Finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Documents were dispatched to NY.
8/10 - Application Mailed
8/11 - Received at consulate
9/02 - Received call from consulate to send original PIO card
9/03 - Mailed PIO card
9/07 - PIO card received at consulate
9/13 - Status change to Under Process
10/13 - Status change to Granted
10/22 - Document Printed
10/27 - Document Dispatched
Not Yet - Documents Received at CGI-NY

Hello smdk

Good Luck.

I emailed them Sunday. No response yet. I also call the phone number listed on the web site, no answer. :confused: :mad: :(

I just saw in OCI-Tracker of immi-help one rajibansal applied on 10/22, application delivered at CGNY 10/23 and acknowledged on 10/27. WOW pretty fast. How????

I called (212) 774-0627 and Mr. Bajaj answered. He basically said he doesn't deal with OCI and asked me to call (212) 774-0647.
I keep calling that number but nobody answers that phone. there is voice message feature either.

I applied in June 2010 for OCI at the NY office. I am yet to receive any acknowledgement or updates from them. I have sent out numerous emails but nobody has replied back. I have tried calling the office too but nobody ever picks up the phone either. I am pretty convinced at this point that they have lost my paperwork.

I applied in June 2010 for OCI at the NY office. I am yet to receive any acknowledgement or updates from them. I have sent out numerous emails but nobody has replied back. I have tried calling the office too but nobody ever picks up the phone either. I am pretty convinced at this point that they have lost my paperwork.

OMG! that sucks. I hope that's not true.

Since there are no updates, I don't know what else to think other than that they have lost it. Anybody else with the same experience?

You're not alone!!! :=) On the same boat since early July. One difference is I had two voice mails from them (one month ago) regarding minor applicant.