OCI - New York Tracker

Hello,

I am planning to move in just few days and my wife's OCI application is still in process with NY embassy.
Application status was recently changed to acknowledged.
------Once your Wife OCI reach NY why not to visit Indian consulate NY and she collect her OCI personally from Consulate? She should take OCI online status printout.
I would like to know procedure of address change if anyone is aware of it.
------If you do it now it will not help and they may mail to same address as on ONLINE REGISTRATION.
Also, I have made address change through USPS. So, all mails should be forwarded to my new place anyhow.
Do you think I should still do address change with OCI?
----No need.
Thank you in advance.
NDP

----------------

Is BC needed with OCI Application

I saw someone's OCI application returned from NY CGI for not sending Birth Certificate along with the Application. Do we need to send Birth Certificate at all?

Duh me, the application could be for a child. I never thought about it. Someone who posted on that forum just said his application packet was returned for not including birth-certificate and I thought it was the poster's own application.

In my case it is my own application (born in India) so I don't think I would need a Birth Certificate. Right, Ginnu?
thanks!

huh! I am getting tired of check for acknowledment of my OCI application. I see registration numbers as far as USANI15xxxxx being acknowledged but mine which is USANI10xxxxx is still not. I just don't understand.
The only thing I can think of is, after I registered online, I wasn't able to send out the application itself for a week. Would that cause any delays? Anyone?

Duh me, the application could be for a child. I never thought about it. Someone who posted on that forum just said his application packet was returned for not including birth-certificate and I thought it was the poster's own application.

In my case it is my own application (born in India) so I don't think I would need a Birth Certificate. Right, Ginnu?
------------------------------You dont need to send copy of your birth certificate. if Child is born in US and Parents apply for child PIO or OCI then child US birth certifiate copy should be sent with Child OCI application
thanks!
-------------------

huh! I am getting tired of check for acknowledment of my OCI application. I see registration numbers as far as USANI15xxxxx being acknowledged but mine which is USANI10xxxxx is still not. I just don't understand.
The only thing I can think of is, after I registered online, I wasn't able to send out the application itself for a week. Would that cause any delays? Anyone?
I see registration numbers as far as USANI15xxxxx being acknowledged but mine which is USANI10xxxxx is still not. I just don't understand.
USANI15Means you registred online on 15 January then XXX is application number and 10 is year(2010). FYI many applications are still NOT Acknowledged that were sent before March 1,2010
Earlier you wrote that you sent email to Mrs Puspa Kumar and she replied to you. what was her reply??
on April 2 Consulate is closed talk to her or send her email again on April one and get update from her

Last edited by a moderator:
Photo scanned for myself and the kids. My spouse application status is still under process. Her photo had a white background. I wonder what they are upto now ......

USANI15Means you registred online on 15 January then XXX is application number and 10 is year(2010)....
Earlier you wrote that you sent email to Mrs Puspa Kumar and she replied to you. what was her reply??...

hi Ginnu, the reply was: <We are scrutinising the applications, if any document is found to be deficient, your application will be returned to you for completion. If your application is complete with all the documents we shall process it. It takes 30 days for registration from the date it comes to OCI section in completed form. After that it will take another 30 days for getting the OCI cards from India./>

I don't know if USANI15xxxxx means 15 January, I do not see the month part in it.

I think I will wait out this week and next week I will write/call again. I have a trip to India scheduled in last week of May so I feel a bit impatient.

hi Ginnu, the reply was: <We are scrutinising the applications, if any document is found to be deficient, your application will be returned to you for completion. If your application is complete with all the documents we shall process it. It takes 30 days for registration from the date it comes to OCI section in completed form. After that it will take another 30 days for getting the OCI cards from India./>

I don't know if USANI15xxxxx means 15 January, I do not see the month part in it.

I think I will wait out this week and next week I will write/call again. I have a trip to India scheduled in last week of May so I feel a bit impatient.
If your online registration number is: USANI1534410 it seems you registered online and printed online forms on January 15. USANI is for New York Indian Consulate and 15 January is online registration date 344 is your number and 10 is Year.

----------------

Thank you Ginnu. That sounds like a good idea..to visit Indian Consulate in NY. One more question I had was when should she send her passport to get the visa sticker. Status says 'Acknowledged' on 26th March 2010. Do we need to passport now to NY?

Again, thank you!
NDP

Thank you Ginnu. That sounds like a good idea..to visit Indian Consulate in NY. One more question I had was when should she send her passport to get the visa sticker.
--No need to send her US passport if she is going to visit NYC

Status says 'Acknowledged' on 26th March 2010. Do we need to passport now to NY?

------NO. once "online status shows Documents reached NYC" then she should go to NY consulate (9-30 to 12-30) and she will get her US passport stamped with U visa, she will get her OCI and they will stamp her Indian passport “Cancelled”
Again, thank you!
NDP
Her OCI at this time is NOT Granted,Printed,Dispatched from Delhi and not reached NY See the below steps for OCI:
OCI Acknowledged:
OCI Scanned:
OCI Granted:
OCI Printed:
Documents Dispatched:
Documents Recvd in NY

once Her documents Reach Indian consulate then she need to take online Status prinout and she can go to NY Indian consulate with online status Printout+US passport and her Indian passport.

They have acknowledged only two applications that were online registred Feb 2 on April 1 and 2nd April consulate is closed.

Well, I think they have acknowledged 80 or more applications on April 1st if I am not wrong.
And forntunately mine was one of them!

OCI App. mailed: 03/08/2010 (express - next day service)
Received at CGI-NY: 03/09/2010
Acknowledge Dt: 04/01/2010

I Resubmitted my application on March 1 and it was received by NYC India consulate on March 2nd (my Application was sent back after 5 weeks and reason on Checklist was not including two proofs of USA residency)

Resubmitted : March 1, 2010
Received: March 2, 2010
Acknowledged: Not acknowledged

PittsfieldMA: How did you check that they acknowledged 80 OCI application on April 1? I registred online in Feb and My application online Registration number start with 02. I checked few Applications that were registred in Feb and few applications are still pending and I am one of them.

Saathia:

I entered the file number on the status check webpage and it shows when the application was acknowledged. I went in sequence on the file-numbers and looked at the number of applications acknowledged that day.
I did that for a couple of days and the average no. of applications acknowledged is like 80-100. Good job by NY CGI, I guess.
I only wish they organize it a little bit.

Also, the registration number did not help much in analyzing/tracking. I don't think registration number starting with 02 means Feb. I registered in Feb too, but my registration # starts with 10.
I do think that last 2 digits are for year and 4 digits prior to the year are the application number but I could be wrong.

Saathia, was your application acknowledged ealier before they sent it back for additional documents (proof of recidence)?

Hi Gurus,

getting ready to submit OCI. How many photos to attach and how many extra to send? Do both forms A and B need a photo to be attaqched? there is no place on form b?

thanks
A

Hi Gurus,

getting ready to submit OCI. How many photos to attach and how many extra to send? Do both forms A and B need a photo to be attaqched? there is no place on form b?
---------- You will submit two A forms and will paste photo on Part A . Two A parts= 2 Photographs. B need not to be pasted any Photo. Submit Extra 3-4 Photographs.
thanks
A
------------