OCI - New York Tracker

MY OCI application is in pending mode for than a month now - can a person travel with existing PIO for now and collect OCI went its becomes available? or it will canceled and gives more head ache

MY OCI application is in pending mode for than a month now
--- You MUST send Email AND Fax to Mrs Pushpa Kumar. write your online registration number and your Name, Address and date you sent the OCI application and the date NYC got it. write to her that applicatins filed later than your OCI application date are being Acknowledged and you don’t have any update for your OCI status. FYI they have Acknowledged few OCI filed on Mrach 3 or 4 and those sent earlier are not getting update or Acknowledged . Send Email and Fax now and you will get info through email.

Mrs.Pushpa Kumar
Vice Consul [OCI]
Email: vcoci@indiacgny.org.
Consulate General of India
3 E. 64th St.
New York, NY 10065
Fax: (212) 879 7914
vcoci@indiacgny.org
- can a person travel with existing PIO for now and collect OCI went its becomes available?
-------YES.
or it will canceled and gives more head ache
------They have NOT approved your OCI and they cancell the PIO when they give you OCI book and Stamp your US passport with U visa
------

Is there a particular time of the day that the status changes to acknowledged at least? Want to know what time of the day is enough to check.

It changes throughout the day. Mine was updated with Phot/Signature scanned this afternoon.

From your update it seems that scanner got repaired at NYC or Babbu came back from Vacations.
Now they may Scan pending OCI applications that got Acknowledged and may not touch other pending applicatins as scanner is working:).
when again Scanner does not work then they may look at pending OCI Applications:)

I don't think their scanner was broken. I have been seeing acknowldgements later than mine get scanned and approved within 2 days!
I somehow get the feeling that there is a way to tip the babus to approve applications the day after it gets acknowledged. I have seen so many such cases by trying out various file #s before and after myself. Don't know what their criteria is!

Is there a particular time of the day that the status changes to acknowledged at least?

-----Particular time is when they acknowledge and update the status.
Want to know what time of the day is enough to check.
-------any time

when did you sent?. if no update then send Emal AND Fax to:
Mrs.Pushpa Kumar
Vice Consul [OCI]
Email: vcoci@indiacgny.org.
Consulate General of India
3 E. 64th St.
New York, NY 10065
Fax: (212) 879 7914

I got delivered on the 9th of this month. I figure I will wait till the end of the week before writing to her. I see applications about a week before being acknowledged late last week. If I do get acknowledged and approved/stamped in the next 2 weeks, I would be extremely pleased with the whole experience since I expected it to take 8/10 weeks.

Granted

My timeline:

US Citizen: Aug 09
OCI Mailed: 16 Feb 10 (priority)
Received: 18 Feb 10
Ack: 10 Mar 10
Scanned: 12 Mar 10
Granted: 24 Mar 10

For the online enquiry, do u have to input the no. as USANI xxxx or USANIxxxx (with or without the space). Both show the same message.

@ginnu: Yes, by chance/accident (and some thought), an utility bill and a property tax bill. As I was going through the required docs I noticed that they required proof of address (but did not say how many or whether the names of the adult applicants had to be on them!) and printed a copy of an utility bill. Then it struck me that my wife's name was not on it and printed a copy of the property tax bill that did. When dealing with Indian red tape I put myself in their shoes and try and come up with a reason to deny an application rather than grant it and then look for holes in my paperwork! :)

The thinking was triggered because of something else. Although the kids' and my application was straightforward (former Indian citizen with passports issued by CG NY and had an Indian passport when kids were born) my wife's application was a bit complex; she's a Brit of Indian ancestry, has multiple current citizenships (US included), changed her name, travelled as a minor on her mom's former Indian passport (MIL's Brit now as well) with her former name but never used an Indian passport herself...there was lot of paperwork involved that would make her application rock solid. I'm happy to tell you that she's been granted an OCI as well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Under Process

Registration Status: UnderProcess

When does Photos Scanned status appears, before or after UnderProcess?

Thanks

Printed

My timeline:

US Citizen: Aug 09
OCI Mailed: 16 Feb 10 (priority)
Received: 18 Feb 10
Ack: 10 Mar 10
Scanned: 12 Mar 10
Granted: 24 Mar 10
Printed: 25 Mar 10