OCI - New York Tracker

Ginnu, that was a good one! I thought it would be a link for a press release about OCI or something! :)
For Press it is not good as blackguard music is NOT music and it is SOUND:). She started singing so that all who came to function should runaway immediately and they can close the ceremony:).

I resubmitted my application on March 1 and it was received by NYC India consulate on March 2nd (my Application was sent back after 5 weeks and reason on Checklist was not including two proofs of USA residency)

Resubmitted : March 1, 2010
Received: March 2, 2010
Acknowledged: Not acknowledged

I saw few updates for the cases like NJGirl75 that was resubmitted on 3rd and got acknowledged.
Today I talked to my Bank regarding the Cashier Check and provided the number of Cashier Check and Bank told me tat Consulate still has not collected the money.
What I do need to do now?
I clearly wrote outside the Envelope “OCI application Resubmission with Utility bills”

NJGirl75 when you talked to Vice Consul on phone did you provide your online registration number to her?

Yes Saathia, she asked for my name and reference number. I do not know if that had anything to do with the acknowledgement. I doubt it.

Could anyone please confirm the mailing address for OCI application: Is it still the following (as shown on their website)? I read some comments on the forum about mails getting forwarded etc. I am putting my application packet together and hope to priority mail by tomorrow to CGNY. Thanks for your help.
The OCI Cell,
Consulate General of India,
3 E., 64th Street,
New York, NY 10065.

Last edited by a moderator:
I resubmitted my application on March 1 and it was received by NYC India consulate on March 2nd (my Application was sent back after 5 weeks and reason on Checklist was not including two proofs of USA residency)

Resubmitted : March 1, 2010
Received: March 2, 2010
Acknowledged: Not acknowledged

I saw few updates for the cases like NJGirl75 that was resubmitted on 3rd and got acknowledged.
Today I talked to my Bank regarding the Cashier Check and provided the number of Cashier Check and Bank told me tat Consulate still has not collected the money.
What I do need to do now?
I clearly wrote outside the Envelope “OCI application Resubmission with Utility bills”

NJGirl75 when you talked to Vice Consul on phone did you provide your online registration number to her?

You can contact Indian consulate by phone or email and provide your online registration number and your name. Seach the thread and find Phone # of Mrs.Pushpa Kumar Or NJgirl75 can provide you the phone number.Nothing wrong if you cantact them. I dont know if they Cash the check same day when open the envelpoe or send Papers to Delhi? Others can help you.

Mrs.Pushpa Kumar
Vice Consul [OCI]
Email: vcoci@indiacgny.org.
Consulate General of India
3 E. 64th St.
New York, NY 10065
Fax: (212) 879 7914
vcoci@indiacgny.org

Thanks, One more question before I submit my application. I have 2 photos attached to the application forms (one original application + one copy). Can anyone confirm if we need additional photos and how many?

GC: 10/2004
DO: Newark, NJ
Sent N400: 11/16/2009
Received : 11/18/2009
Check Cashed: ~11/20/2009
FP Date: 12/17/2009
FP done on: 12/17/2009
YL: 01/04/10 (only for spouse -- needed drivers license)
ID: 02/25/10
OD: 02/25/10
PP: 3/5/10
OCI: Process to be started

Thanks, One more question before I submit my application. I have 2 photos attached to the application forms (one original application + one copy).
Can anyone confirm if we need additional photos and how many?
---Send Extra 2 or 3 Photo(extra 2 are must)
GC: 10/2004
DO: Newark, NJ
Sent N400: 11/16/2009
Received : 11/18/2009
Check Cashed: ~11/20/2009
FP Date: 12/17/2009
FP done on: 12/17/2009
YL: 01/04/10 (only for spouse -- needed drivers license)
ID: 02/25/10
OD: 02/25/10
PP: 3/5/10
OCI: Process to be started
-----------

My kid had an expired US passport with valid Indian Visa. Should I have sent a copy of that passport? I only sent the current US passport. They just punch 2 holes in the expired passport, so I did not want to complicate the issue. Also there was nothing about expired passports and they clearly said "visa pages" from US passport not needed.

Hi,

When you resent the package, did you mention anything on the package about resending the documents. It looks like they opened the acknowledged the application in 10 days after you have resent the documents.

Hi,

When you resent the package, did you mention anything on the package about resending the documents. It looks like they opened the acknowledged the application in 10 days after you have resent the documents.
When I resent the documents I clearly wrote outside of the envelope and on Cover letter that Resubmitting the application with Proof of USA residency. They did still have not acknowledged my application. My application was received by Consulate on March 2

Are applications are returned after acknowledgement for proof of residency?

My application is acknowledged on 3/16. Just wondering would it still have a chance for bouncing back for two proofs of residency(just sent copy of DL's of spouse and mine). Are you guys who got applications back for proof of residency, got them after acknowledgement ?

Thank you for clarification.

My application is acknowledged on 3/16. Just wondering would it still have a chance for bouncing back for two proofs of residency(just sent copy of DL's of spouse and mine). Are you guys who got applications back for proof of residency, got them after acknowledgement ?

Thank you for clarification.
you sent copy of DL and they acknowledged on 3/16. I dont think they will send back your application AFTER acknowledgement.
Post your info the day you sent and the day they recieved