OCI - New York Tracker

Hello,

I sent my application for my 5 month old son on 3/12/2008. It was delivered to the consulate in New York on 3/13/2008. It seems that OCI processing has slowed down considerably.

Current status is -

Date Of Acknowledgment - 06-APR-2008
Registration Status - Under Process
Photo/Signature Scanned - On 18-APR-2008
Documents Printing Status - NOT PRINTED
Documents Printed -
Documents Despatched From Delhi On - NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI - NOT YET

Thanks.

It does look like the process after Acknowledgment has slowed down considerably. We were acknowledged in 2 months (applied thru SFO), but from Ack to dispatch (from Delhi) it took just 5 days. Now Ack seems faster, rest is way slower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was ACKed on April 10, 2008. So, hopefully in next two weeks process will be completed. I will keep my timeline updated.

Acked: April 10, 2008
Under Process

Hi Guys,
I have two more questions for OCI APPLICATION.
(1) Fees should be $275 + $20(postage). If family is applying Still we need to send only $20 dollars as poatage OR let say for 2 member of family then it is 2(275) + 2(20). double the postage....
i didnt find concrete information on this.

(2) Do we need to send self address envalope (without postage as we are paying $20) ??
AT CGINY wesite it is not mentioned but at immihelp it is there.

Thanks,
MP.

Hi Guys,
I have two more questions for OCI APPLICATION.
(1) Fees should be $275 + $20(postage). If family is applying Still we need to send only $20 dollars as poatage OR let say for 2 member of family then it is 2(275) + 2(20). double the postage....
i didnt find concrete information on this.

(2) Do we need to send self address envalope (without postage as we are paying $20) ??
AT CGINY wesite it is not mentioned but at immihelp it is there.

Thanks,
MP.

(1) it is 2(275) + 1(20). One postage fees should be sent for a single household address for multiple applications.

(2) No need to send self-address envelope. The $20 you send is used by CGI NY to send you express mail. They have your address on file for the application.

In fact I sent my 4(275) for a family of 4 when I send my application. When the app was approved and received by CGI NY, I sent in our US PPs(for stamping), and Indian PPs(for cancellation), along with the $20 for return postage.

Wish you all the best.

My update.

OCI app mailed : 22-MAR-2008
Ack Date : 09-APR-2008
UnderProcesssing
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 22-APR-2008

Acked: April 10, 2008
Photo/Signature Scaned - April 23, 2008
Under Process

I have trip to new york coming up next week. Hopefully, it is done by then.

Still I don't see pohoto/Signature scan dates

All,

My family OCI applications were still stuck with following status. How do I contact the DELHI embassy? please guide me on how to deal with this case?

Applied for 4 and my daughter's application was cleared and received at New York.

Date of Acknowledgement : 15-MAR-2008
Registration Status : Granted on 03-APR-2008
Document Printing Status : NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi on : NOT DISPATCHED
Douments Received at (NEW YORK CGI): NOT YET

All,

My family OCI applications were still stuck with following status. How do I contact the DELHI embassy? please guide me on how to deal with this case?

Applied for 4 and my daughter's application was cleared and received at New York.

Date of Acknowledgement : 15-MAR-2008
Registration Status : Granted on 03-APR-2008
Document Printing Status : NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi on : NOT DISPATCHED
Douments Received at (NEW YORK CGI): NOT YET

I don't know how responsive the staff CGINY staff is, but try the following phone or fax #s:

Consul (Consular, Passport and Visa and Community Affairs):
Mr. P.S. Sasi Kumar
Phone: (212) 774-0617
Fax: (212) 570-9581
Email: Click here to send mail

or

Consul (Visa):
Mr. Cherian T.
Phone: (212) 774-0629
Fax: (212) 570-9581
Email: Click here to send mail

email addresses are not shown, but if you click on the "click here to send email" links for these two gentlemen on this http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContact.php?linkid=196&parentid=0 page, you should be able to leave them your messages.

OCI status - NYCGI

My OCI Status:

Documents mailed: 01-MAR-2008
Documents Ack'd on OCI Site: 25-MAR-2008
Registration Status: Granted On 24-APR-2008
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 25-APR-2008
Documents Printing Status: Printed On 25-APR-2008
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 29-APR-2008
Documents Received at: NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

OCI Online Services page says - "Please contact the Mission/Office after 10 days from date of despatch or any day after receipt of documents at the Mission/Office, whichever is earlier."

Why do we need to call them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow NRI2008, good time line for you. I applied a week before you, and my application is still not "Granted". I need to start calling the OCI cell (called yesterday and left a message -- not sure anyone is monitoring the voicemail).

Wow NRI2008, good time line for you. I applied a week before you, and my application is still not "Granted". I need to start calling the OCI cell (called yesterday and left a message -- not sure anyone is monitoring the voicemail).

I am noticing a long delay between acknowledgment and scan/grant/print, etc. In Feb. 08, we were Ack'ed on 21st and our docs were dispatched on 26th - within 5 days! This delay is happening in Delhi, so I don't think OCI cells in the consulates here in USA will help you - if they bother to respond at all.

Our app just got the registration granted -- so things are moving along, but at an extremely slow pace. Hope to get the OCI before we leave for India in late May.

Further update - Documents dispatched from Delhi on 29th April. So, things have moved fast for last few steps.

OCI - New York

Hi,

OCI - New York - I'm planning to go directly to CGNY once it received at NY- Can some one share recent expereience going there and getting it done instead of doing it via postal service.

Thanks
--------------------------------------
Date Application Sent - 22-March-2008
Date Of Acknowledgment 11-APR-2008
Registration Status UnderProcess
Photo/Signature Scanned On 23-APR-2008
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

I am planning to do the same. If you read through few of the earlier posts in this thread you will find the info. Net is:
1) You have to drop the passport at CGNY between 9:30 - 11am, Counter 7
2) If you have applied for family OCI, your family doesn't need to be there, no need for any authorization letters
3) You will get the OCI document and passport 3-4 hours later same day

Thank you for the response- I've seen the posting of badprapan2 of March 2008, who went there personally, but I got confused because one of my colleague's went last month for his son's PIO and they didn't issue it on the same day. They collected all the information/documents from him and gave back the original documents. After a week or so he received the PIO via postal and infact I was told by him that this(PIO) process is being handled by outsourced visa service now a days. I'm not sure if it's the same steps/process for OCI as well.

Pleas share/update your experience once you are done with it.

Thanks

No worries, I am not sure of the PIO process. I will post my experience once I go to CGNY (hopefully next Friday).

OCI status - NYCGI

My OCI Status:

Documents mailed: 01-MAR-2008
Documents Ack'd on OCI Site: 25-MAR-2008
Registration Status: Granted On 24-APR-2008
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 25-APR-2008
Documents Printing Status: Printed On 25-APR-2008
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 29-APR-2008
Documents Received at: NEW YORK CGI On 03-MAY-2008

OCI Online Services page says - "Please contact the Mission/Office after 10 days from date of despatch or any day after receipt of documents at the Mission/Office, whichever is earlier."

Is it necessary to contact them before mailing the originals (US Passport and Indian Passport)?
:)