OCI - New York Tracker

My status

Applications send to NY are fast these days...

Our details :
Application send on 22-MAR-2008
Date Of Acknowledgment : 09-APR-2008
Registration Status : UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status : NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched : NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI : NOT YET

how many photos ? 2 for each application ? total 4 ?

Hi all

I am little confused about photos requirements.

The NY website says "
The completed application form (Parts A and B) must be submitted in duplicate to the Consulate. Applicants must also submit two (2) photographs in color (photo details are given in the OCI Overview). One original photograph should be affixed to each copy of your application. "
Some where else it says :
"For each of the two applications, an original 35mm X 35mm size color photo (light color background, not white background), without border with front view of person's head and shoulders showing the full face in the middle of the photograph is required. "

Why it is not clear ?

Does this means:
2 photos for each application ? 1 will be pasted to application and 1 enclosed to application ?

2 applications, so, 4 photos total ?

I took 2 photos only, just wanted to confirm what is correct. :(

Anyone applied let me know.

2 photos for each application ? 1 will be pasted to application and 1 enclosed to application ?

2 applications, so, 4 photos total ?

I took 2 photos only, just wanted to confirm what is correct. :(

Anyone applied let me know.

In CGNY total of 4 photos per person is required.
- 1 photo on each of the PART A of the application, so total of 2 photos( remember you need submit TWO copies of PART A and PART B )
- 2 additional photos( just use paper clip and attach to on one of application).
Here was what I did...
On One of the application forms I stapled using paper clip the 2 photos and postal money order.

Number of photographs for OCI

Hello,

I got my OCI recently and I also sent 4 photographs per person. Affixed one on each application and attached two more to the first application along with the money order with a paper clip.

Thank you.

It took 2.5 weeks in my case -

Date Of Acknowledgment - 17-MAR-2008
Registration Status - Granted on 03-APR-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi - On 04-APR-2008
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 08-APR-2008

Thanks.

Here's my updated timeline:

Date Application Sent - 23rd Feb
Date Of Acknowledgment - 01-Apr-2008
Registration Status - Underprocess
Photo/Signature Scanned - Scanned on 15-Apr-08
Documents Printing Status -
Documents Printed -
Documents Despatched From Delhi -
Documents Received at - NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

Do I need to notarize passport copies for both application ?

Hi

Can I do like this:

2 pages from indian passport + 1 page from US passport -> total 3 pages

notarize 3 pages.
take copies of notorizied and attach in the 2nd application.

Or do I need to notarize both copies (3 + 3)?

were there any queries if we do like above ? What is the suggested way?

Hi

Can I do like this:

2 pages from indian passport + 1 page from US passport -> total 3 pages

notarize 3 pages.
take copies of notorizied and attach in the 2nd application.

Or do I need to notarize both copies (3 + 3)?

were there any queries if we do like above ? What is the suggested way?

If you look at the message from snaray on April 14th in the "Oci need help" thread, it says CGNY doesn't require notarized copies - just self-attestation.

That's correct, akgarg.

We don't have to notarize any pages for CGNY, if you look instructions after applying online PART A, it clearly says SELF-ATTESTED. Our applications are under processing. I first send the Indian PP for cancellation and after receiving the cancelled Indian PPs we applied OCI with just photo copies of the information pages( excluding VISA/GC Stamp ) for Indian PP and first and last pages for US PP with SELF-ATTESTED( "This is TRUE copy of the original" and signature ).

Thanks,

Hi Guys,
I am going to apply for OCI. for that Do I need to cancel Indian Passport First?
I could see SNARAY53 has canceled his/her PP before applied OCI. Is it Mendatory or
It is canceled as we get Citizenship of US.
Please advice me here.

Hi Guys,
I am going to apply for OCI. for that Do I need to cancel Indian Passport First?
I could see SNARAY53 has canceled his/her PP before applied OCI. Is it Mendatory or
Please advice me here.

It's not mandatory before you apply for OCI. You can send you un-cancelled Indian passport to the consulate (and they will return it cancelled) when you send your US passports to them for affixing U-visa and receive OCI booklets.

You can see more details here: http://www.immihelp.com/nri/overseascitizenshipindia/procedure-granting-registration-oci.html under the heading "Receiving OCI Documents."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
Please advice me here.

Your Indian PP is not technically canceled when you get US citizenship. You must send it to Indian consulate to cancel it OR if you are applying OCI then at the end i.e, when you send your US PP for OCI stamp, you should send Indian PP along with it. Consulate will then send canceled Indian PP and stamped US PP.

Thanks,
Satish

Need Help on interpreting OCI online services status

I applied for OCI on Feb' 20th, 2008 and following is the status I see for my Family on the OCI Online Services enquiry form

For me, Wife and Son status shows as

Date of Acknowledgement : 15-MAR-2008
Registration Status : Granted on 03-APR-2008
Document Printing Status : NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi on : NOT DISPATCHED
Douments Received at (NEW YORK CGI): NOT YET

For my Daughter

Status granted on 03-APR-2008 and the documents were sent NEW YORK.

I would like to know if somebody out there went thru this same status and figured out what is required/wrong?

Help on this would be really appreciated.

I applied for OCI on Feb' 20th, 2008 and following is the status I see for my Family on the OCI Online Services enquiry form

For me, Wife and Son status shows as

Date of Acknowledgement : 15-MAR-2008
Registration Status : Granted on 03-APR-2008
Document Printing Status : NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi on : NOT DISPATCHED
Douments Received at (NEW YORK CGI): NOT YET

For my Daughter

Status granted on 03-APR-2008 and the documents were sent NEW YORK.

I would like to know if somebody out there went thru this same status and figured out what is required/wrong?

Help on this would be really appreciated.

Usually all the applications from the same family move together through this process. All of you have the same grant date - it looks like your daughter's application moved faster after that. Just wait till they catch up with the rest of your family. Since the registration status is granted for ALL of you, your applications are fine - just some unusual delay between grant and print/dispatch.

akgrag, Thanks for the reply. Our documents were not scanned, do you think it is some kind of issue with photo/signature?

akgrag, Thanks for the reply. Our documents were not scanned, do you think it is some kind of issue with photo/signature?

The usual sequence is ack -> scan -> grant -> print -> dispatch. It does seem strange that you have a grant date, but not a scan date. May be someone who has gone through this situation can respond.

Hi Satis and Akgarg,
Thanks for your help. Got it. I will apply OCI and while sending US PP at later stage i will send IND PP.

Hello,

I sent my application for my 5 month old son on 3/12/2008. It was delivered to the consulate in New York on 3/13/2008. It seems that OCI processing has slowed down considerably.

Current status is -

Date Of Acknowledgment - 06-APR-2008
Registration Status Granted - On 02-May-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned - On 18-APR-2008
Documents Printing Status - PRINTED
Documents Printed - On 02-May-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On - 05-May-2008
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On - 16-May-2008

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: