OCI - New York Tracker

Done

Documents received today at NY: 9/27

I plan to collect it tomorrow morning in person. I am glad my journey is over. So long.

Topaz

Documents dispatched today: 9/24
Documents received at NY: NOT YET

I plan to collect this in person. My journey should end this week.

My OCI process is over, docs came back to CGI NY yesterday. I will visit the indian consulate sometimes next week to get it stamped on my US Passport.

Congrats psamy, our dates have been pretty close through naturalization and oci.

My documents have been despatched so hopefully I should be done in a few days.

Application received - 8/31/07
Ack - 9/17/07
Photo/Sig scanned - 9/20/07
Granted - 9/26/07
Printed - 9/26/07
Despatched - 9/28/07

My Documents were recd at NY on 27th as well, even though dispatched date is 17th...Looks like they are really bunched together and sent once in 10 days or so..
I will be going next week to get what I think would be final stamp :)
mfbhh

I'm done with my OCI process -

Application received - 8/31/07
Ack - 9/17/07
Photo/Sig scanned - 9/20/07
Granted - 9/26/07
Printed - 9/26/07
Despatched - 9/28/07
Recvd at NY - 10/4/07 (It says 10/4 even though it's only 10/3 today, guess it's Indian date/time)

Status Check

Hi Guys:

I have applied for OCI at CGI-NY 3 weeks ago and have failed to obtain a response to emails or voice mails concerning my application. The online status check does not confirm if they have received my application and the check has not been cashed. Any ideas on how to reach an official? Thanks.

Congrats again dandan123.

I haven't got it stamped on my passport yet. Planning for early next wk.

Hi Guys:

I have applied for OCI at CGI-NY 3 weeks ago and have failed to obtain a response to emails or voice mails concerning my application. The online status check does not confirm if they have received my application and the check has not been cashed. Any ideas on how to reach an official? Thanks.

On working days, you need start calling number (212) 774-0605 from 12 PM (Noon) to 1.30 PM . I was able to talk to the person. Friendly advise: keep all question handy, because they are very quick to reply and they also end their call very quickly.

Cheers...
-dnagraj

On working days, you need start calling number (212) 774-0605 from 12 PM (Noon) to 1.30 PM . I was able to talk to the person. Friendly advise: keep all question handy, because they are very quick to reply and they also end their call very quickly.

Cheers...
-dnagraj

This hasn't helped. I have left numerous messages on their voice mail and emails. This will potentially affect my travel plans. It is baffling how bad their customer service can be...

This will potentially affect my travel plans. It is baffling how bad their customer service can be...

calling that way worked for me, I am not sure what is your issue, but if plan to travel to India within next 40/45 days and come back to USA then it would be advisable to get 6 months Visa and then collect OCI. If your OCI application doesn't have any issues, it would take upto 5/6 weeks to complete the OCI process.

Hope this helps.
-dnagraj

Application received by CGI NY - 09/27/2007
Application acknowledged on - 10/11/2007
Photo/Signature Scanned on -Not yet
Registration Granted on - Not yet
Documents Printed on - Not yet
Documents Dispatched on - Not yet
Documents Received at CGI NY on - Not yet

Last edited by a moderator:
My status:

Application Mailed - 09/10/2007
App'n received by CGI NY - ??
Application acknowledged on - 10/01/2007
Photo/Signature Scanned on - 10/09/2007
Registration Granted on - 10/10/2007
Documents Printed on - 10/14/2007

Got my OCI today. I mailed in my US passports (me and wife) , Indian passports by priority mail ($4.60). I also enclosed a return priority mail envelope with postage on 10/6/07 and got it all back (US passports/Indian passports/OCI booklets) today, 10/16/07.

Horrible Customer Service

At this point I have left 5 to 6 messages and tried emails to several different sources - all useless. My application has not been acknowledged now for 6 weeks I believe. I tried the zero-out option on main telephone lines and the operator basically hangs up on you! I am hoping some one can point to alternatve ways of actually getting in touch with someone.

I was able to get through to a lady on (212) 774-0605 . I tried in the afternoon as someone else had posted here.

I got through on the second day, after a couple of tries.

I am hoping some one can point to alternatve ways of actually getting in touch with someone.

Do you have mail delivery proof of your OCI application?

Try faxing to Fax: (212) 734-1595 / (212) 570-9581, stating date of delivery by post, proof and other detail so that they can contact you. If you paid by cashier's check that you can check with the bank if check is cashed, I guess you can do same with postal money order, mention this in fax if check is cashed, your other contact details and also that mention you call them several times.

One question, when you applied OCI did you put attention OCI cell /OCI Application on it?

If you live near NYC, one last option before you replay OCI application(hopefully you never have to do this), visit NY consulate personally with all supporting/proof documents.

Good Luck!

Thanks,
-dnagraj

Application received by CGI NY - 09/27/2007
Application acknowledged on - 10/11/2007
Photo/Signature Scanned on -10/19/2007 (IST)
Registration Granted on - Not yet
Documents Printed on - Not yet

What is the next step?

My wife and daughter applied for the OCI card. As per online status, the documents were received at CGI NY on 27 Sep. We have not received any letter or call. My wife tried calling the CG couple of times and she was finally able to get through yesterday. The lady at the CG mentioned that we need to send the US passport along with the printed online status and $20 check for return mailing. If anyone, who has gone through this process, can confirm, I would appreciate it.
Is there a better option for the return mail? sending prepaid fedex or express mail envelope??
How long does it take to get the passport back?
Thanks

-------------------------------------------------
Application received by CGI NY - 08/25/2007
Application acknowledged on - 09/10/2007
Photo/Signature Scanned on - 09/12/2007
Registration Granted on - 09/19/2007
Documents Printed on - 09/20/2007
Documents Dispatched on - 09/24/2007
Documents Received at CGI NY on - 09/27/2007

I was unable to get much information on return mail on the OCI cards so I sent my US passports/Indian passports using priority mail and included a priority mail cover with postage affixed for priority mail return ($4.60). The Indian consulate however did not use that but instead sent it back by express mail which had postage affixed for $16.25 which was really nice of them. They did not ask me for the difference.

So I guess sending $20 should be good enough.

My son's US pasport application on the other hand is now stuck for over 8 weeks with abolutely no communication from the passport agency on what the issue is.

No wonder so many US jobs are being outsourced to India !

H?ow to find the locations of ambessy

Hello guys,
I am planning to file for OCI card and trying to find out the information for where should I send my application forms. I live in OH and I believe I should send my application form to NY office. But to make sure before I sent is there any link to see the locations to apply OCI for OH resident.
Also I would like to know how many photos do we need to send with our application. Does it differ from place to place. Where can I see that information also

Reply would be appriciable
Thanks