One last update !

Application received by CGI NY - 07/31/07
Application acknowledged on - 08/14/07
Photo/Signature Scanned on - 08/22/07
Registration Granted on - 08/28/07
Documents Printed on - 08/28/07
Documents Dispatched on - 09/01/07
Documents Received at CGI NY on - 09/06/07

I will be going to NYC tomorrow (hopefully) to get my OCI stamp.

-KM

No luck for me :(

My OCI application was received by the consulate on August 21, but it has not yet been acknowledged. My reference number is USANI43xxxxx. I entered this 12 character reference number on the Online OCI inquiry page, and it says "Application not yet acknowledged". Do others also have a 12-character reference number? I tried leaving out the USANI part, as well as trying USAN1xxxxxxxx etc and I get the same message. So it seems to be a generic message.

If there was a problem with my application preventing acknowledgment how would I know? Should I call the NY office?

My OCI application was received by the consulate on August 21, but it has not yet been acknowledged. My reference number is USANI43xxxxx. I entered this 12 character reference number on the Online OCI inquiry page, and it says "Application not yet acknowledged". Do others also have a 12-character reference number? I tried leaving out the USANI part, as well as trying USAN1xxxxxxxx etc and I get the same message. So it seems to be a generic message.

If there was a problem with my application preventing acknowledgment how would I know? Should I call the NY office?

The time it takes to acknowledge varies. It sometimes takes them a month or more but the rest of the steps go pretty fast after that. I would say wait a week or two before getting too worried. Your application will probably get acknowledged by then.

-KM

Update.....

-----------------------------------------
Application Sent - 08/14/07
Application received by CGI NY - 08/16/07
Application acknowledged on - 08/30/07
Registration Status Granted On 07-SEP-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 04-SEP-2007

Status Update:
Application Sent - 08/10/07
Application received by CGI NY - 08/13/07
Application acknowledged on - 08/28/07
Photo/Signature Scanned - 08/31/2007
Registration Status Granted - 09/07/07

new_gcuser

Are you planning to mail your passport?, or carry it with you to the embassy for stamping?

Thanks

On track now :)

Ok, Application acknowledged today 09/07/07. So it looks like I am on track, maybe the Labor Day holiday caused the delay of 2 days compared to the ones who have posted their timelines here recently.

OCI Application Received at NY: 08/21/07
OCI Application Acknowledged: 09/07/07

:) :)

OCI Acknowledged

I sent my OCI application 8/17/07..Here is the timeline
Date Mailed: 8/17/07
Date Recd@ Embassy: 8/20/07
Acknowledged on :09/05/07
Photo/Sign Scanned : 09/06/07
Documents Printing Status : NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On : NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI : NOT YET

Thx

new_gcuser

Are you planning to mail your passport?, or carry it with you to the embassy for stamping?

Thanks

I am planning to go New York for stamping and cancellation of Indian Passports. I applied for all of four members of my family and I don't know how they are going to handle by mail, so I decided to go personally.....

Application received by CGI NY - 07/31/07
Application acknowledged on - 08/14/07
Photo/Signature Scanned on - 08/22/07
Registration Granted on - 08/28/07
Documents Printed on - 08/28/07
Documents Dispatched on - 09/01/07
Documents Received at CGI NY on - 09/06/07

I will be going to NYC tomorrow (hopefully) to get my OCI stamp.

-KM

Did you go to NYC for OCI stamp? If so, what was your experience at NY Consulate?

Did you go to NYC for OCI stamp? If so, what was your experience at NY Consulate?

Not yet. I have been too busy at work to take a day off. Maybe this Friday (was originally planning to go last Friday). I will let you know after I go there and get the OCI stamp.

-KM

Not yet. I have been too busy at work to take a day off. Maybe this Friday (was originally planning to go last Friday). I will let you know after I go there and get the OCI stamp.

-KM

Thanks KM. One more step forward on my OCI application

Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 12-SEP-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED

OCI GRANTED
I sent my OCI application 8/17/07..Here is the timeline
Date Mailed: 8/17/07
Date Recd@ Embassy: 8/20/07
Acknowledged on :09/05/07
Photo/Sign Scanned : 09/06/07
Registration Status : Granted On 13-SEP-2007
Documents Printing Status : NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On : NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI : NOT YET

Thx

I see references to this "Photo/Signature Scanned" dates on here. Where does one see this message? All I see under my name is "Under Process". I check my status on

http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

and I do not see the "Photo Scanned" field there on that web page.

As soon as the embassy scans your photos and signature, a new field ( "Photo/Signature Scanned" ) is added , until then you won't be able to see this field.

Problem with Application?

My application was received at NY on August 21, and was acknowledged on September 7, yet I do not see any Photo/Signature Scanned field on the enquiry web page. People whose application was received later than mine seem to be in better shape.

I wonder if this indicates a problem with my application, or with the photographs sent with the application. Has anyone had any success reaching the OCI cell (phone number is 212-774-0605)? It just rings and rings, and no one picks up.

Signature scanned today.

Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 12-SEP-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 14-SEP-2007