OCI - New York Tracker

acknowledgement

VS007 said:
Does the acknowledgement come by email or mai?

I was told by NYCGI they do NOT send any kind of mail or email acknowledgement. The only thing - wait for the file ack# to appear on the online status page.

CGINY Processing

Maybe CGINY guys went on some extended Holiday vacation. I dont see any Acknowledgement from NY on the OCI status page since 4th December. Can some body post their timeline if they got Acked after 4 Dec. Also how long it took for them since they mailed in.
My data
Date sent 11 Dec '06
Received by CGINY 12 Dec '06

bump

BUMP

Could the applicants waiting for ACK from NYCGI post their timelines, please?

FWIW, I sent in certified checks from a bank (instead of a MO) and those checks have not been cashed yet.

My Timeline:
------------
Mailed: 18-nov-06
Received at NYCGI: 20-nov-06

My dateline I have posted earlier and I did have a concern but here is my timeline and it worked out fine though it did nto get acknowledged rightaway.

Mailed around Nov 13 - REcd on Nov 14 but Acknowledgement only on Nov 29 but the good news is after that is was real quick: Photo scanned - Dec 4,5 something like that and approved on Dec 15 and despatched from Delhi on Dec 16. Yet to be received at NY.

TSV said:
BUMP

Could the applicants waiting for ACK from NYCGI post their timelines, please?
Mine is close, mailed on Nov 22, Application with this number not yet Acknowledged

Update

My application got acknowledged today. I was lucky enough to speak with two different OCI cell employees yesterday and they both said the acknowledgement would come in the next few days. They were right.

My updated time line:
------------
Ack-ed: 19-dec-06 (current status: in progress)

Update

Quick pace on the processing once the application was ACKed.
Went to NYCGI yesterday (12-29-06) and picked up the OCI cards.
10 days to go from 'ACK' to 'Received @ NYCGI' status.

Complete Timeline:
------------------
Ack-ed: 19-dec-06
Photo Scanned: 12/21
Documents Printed: 12/22
Despatched from Delhi: 12/23 (yes, a saturday!)
Received @ NYCGI: 12/28
Picked up @ NYCGI: 12/29

OCI CGINY Timeline

App for My husband and our infant daughter

Sent 12/04/06
Received: 12/05/06
Acknowledged: 1/02/07

I guess the holiday is finally over. We are travelling on 27 Jan to Delhi. Hope
it comes through or we'll apply for the 60 day visa . We are in Ohio so can't pick it up. I'll keep you posted

Cajmani

I sent all my papers for my daughter on Dec 13,06.
Consular NY received on Dec 14th,06.

Recently I lost my wallet where I had noted down the OCI registration no.
I tried to contact Consular office couple of times and left voice mail and sent them emails and letter but no reply from them. Few days back – I was lucky to talk to consular office and they asked me to send passport details etc which I did but I have not heard anything from them.
One of my friends gave me an excellent idea to trace the file number.
He gave me the number USAN01327006 and asked me to add 100 ie 01327106,7206 like that. I am able to see the names of person and the Ack date.
I was able to go up to USAN01328006 which had ack date as Dec 30th. After that 8106 does not show anything.
May be in 2007 last two digits might have changed to 07.

Can any one send me the file number whose Ack was on Jan 1st ,07 or later. They can send me or give me the clue. Purpose is to find my daughter’s file number if I see her name.
There is absolutely no harm giving as I am able to see so many but will help me in finding my daughter’s file number. She is to go to India in 3rd week of Feb and I would appreciate any kind of help you can give me.
My communication with Consular will continue and I might personally go but worried if I need to stay for more than a day there in NY.
I will appreciate any help.

Try with '07'

Yes, Acks after Jan 1 have 07 as the last 2 digits in the File Number. So try it that way and keep incrementing it till you find your name.
It 's a bit funny that the Online Ref Number for these cases (ones acked after Jan 1) have the last 2 digits as '06' and the File Number have the last 2 digits as '07'. I fall into one such cases.
I would suggest incrementing the File Number rather than the Online Ref number as file numbers are sequential. Though it is painfully manual, start the file number from say 13000 and add 06/07 as the last 2 digits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks anand74 for answering my mail.
I could go upto number USAN01328006 and from that point onwards , It's not allowing me.
I do not know which number begins in 07.
I will appreciate if you can send me numbers above or below yours which has 07 in the end. That would be a great help to me.
By giving, you are not harming any one but helping some one. I am not asking you to send yours but above or below yours will help me.
Thanks

ny timeline

ack: 02-Jan-07

Registration Status Granted On 05-JAN-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On04-JAN-2007
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 05-JAN-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI

NOT YET
:)

Cajmani,

I have almost similar timeline as yours:

App Sent: 20 Nov 06
ack: 29-Dec-06
Photo/Signature Scanned On03-JAN-2007
Registration Status Granted On 04-JAN-2007
Documents Printed On 04-JAN-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi: 04-JAN-2007
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI

It should be arriving in NY almost the same time.
Do the Indian consulate send an email of arrival and do we need to send any addl tracking number or just sending Indian and US passports is fine plus 15$.

VS007 said:
Do the Indian consulate send an email of arrival and do we need to send any addl tracking number or just sending Indian and US passports is fine plus 15$.

NYCGI explicitly says they do NOT send any note when they receive your documents. So, once the status page shows a receipt date @ NYCGI, you can send the passports or show up at NYCGI.

Is Jan 15 a working day for CGINY

I thought of picking up the OCI on Jan 15 which is a holiday in US and also India(Sankranthi/Pongal). But CGINY website doesnt mention it as a holiday. Were anybody successful in reaching a live person @ CGINY and confirm Jan 15 is indeed a working day there.

TSV said:
Quick pace on the processing once the application was ACKed.
Went to NYCGI yesterday (12-29-06) and picked up the OCI cards.
10 days to go from 'ACK' to 'Received @ NYCGI' status.

Complete Timeline:
------------------
Ack-ed: 19-dec-06
Photo Scanned: 12/21
Documents Printed: 12/22
Despatched from Delhi: 12/23 (yes, a saturday!)
Received @ NYCGI: 12/28
Picked up @ NYCGI: 12/29

Hi TSV,

Can you share your experience of picking up OCI at NY CGI in person ?

Thanks much.

Experience @ NYCGI

xxzz said:
Hi TSV,

Can you share your experience of picking up OCI at NY CGI in person ?

Thanks much.

Showed up the consulate at 8:30am. About 100 people already were waiting in the Q. Just one Q for all services. Door opened at 9AM. When you go in, you will be directed to a specific counter # to drop off the passports. I was told to come back at 12:30pm to pick up the passport and OCI. Picked up the documents around 1pm.

There was not much of a wait in the counter as there is no paperwork involved. So, about 5 mins to drop off the passport and about 5 mins to pick up the documents.

Good Luck.
TSV

NY consulate is prompt! awesome.

All,

Here is the time taken to complete the process.
---------------------------------------------
Mailed Documents: 11-JAN-2007
Date Of Acknowledgment: 19-JAN-2007
Registration Status: Granted On 24-JAN-2007
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 22-JAN-2007
Documents Printing Status: Printed On 25-JAN-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On: 25-JAN-2007
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On: 31-JAN-2007
--------------------------------------
Mailed original Passports On: 05-FEB-2007
Received Passports On: 09-FEB-2007

Thanks to NY consulate as they did a great job of processing everything in short time.

FYI: I mailed application forms w/photos in duplicates plus 3 photos, all supporting docs notarized (including copies of GC because of non-US citizenship). There seems to be no clear instruction on how many photos as well as self-attested vs notary requirements.
I wish they post all requirements in single website vs each consulate displaying slightly different version of the same details.

Have anyone sent their passports by mail?

Friends,

Have any of you sent your passports by mail? Do you need to write any covering letter? Do we need to send PIO card? Can any of you please point me to relevant section in NY consulatewebsite (about sending passports). My OCI status page says, docs received AT NY. I am yet to receive any ack from the day I applied.

Thank you

JP

music_ear said:
All,

Here is the time taken to complete the process.
---------------------------------------------
Mailed Documents: 11-JAN-2007
Date Of Acknowledgment: 19-JAN-2007
Registration Status: Granted On 24-JAN-2007
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 22-JAN-2007
Documents Printing Status: Printed On 25-JAN-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On: 25-JAN-2007
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On: 31-JAN-2007
--------------------------------------
Mailed original Passports On: 05-FEB-2007
Received Passports On: 09-FEB-2007

Thanks to NY consulate as they did a great job of processing everything in short time.

FYI: I mailed application forms w/photos in duplicates plus 3 photos, all supporting docs notarized (including copies of GC because of non-US citizenship). There seems to be no clear instruction on how many photos as well as self-attested vs notary requirements.
I wish they post all requirements in single website vs each consulate displaying slightly different version of the same details.