OCI - New York Tracker

Folks, please keep the OCI -New York tracker alive by updating/posting your information.

Date Of Acknowledgment 31-AUG-2006
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 6-SEP-2006
Photo/Signature Scanned On 6-SEP-2006
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 7-SEP-2006
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 7-SEP
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

OCI mailed on 9/6
Delivered at Consulate (by tracking the package) on 9/7

Two questions -- in what format do they acknowledge the receipt? (email, letter)?
Second -- My tracking number is USANI... Is NI for New York? Shouldn't it be NY? Just want to make sure I filled in the right thing.

Shribuy said:
OCI mailed on 9/6
Delivered at Consulate (by tracking the package) on 9/7

Two questions -- in what format do they acknowledge the receipt? (email, letter)?
Second -- My tracking number is USANI... Is NI for New York? Shouldn't it be NY? Just want to make sure I filled in the right thing.

I have no idea how they acknoledge it. I am still waiting for ack.
The tracking number for SFO is USASI. So it seems OK for NY that is USANI.

I have not received any acknowledgement from NYCGI even though I sent application with stamped self addressed envelop. I received OCI in less than a month from them though:D

Thanks, Suriyan and IBUSC. When I try to track the app number, it says "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged" So, I guess when that changes is when it is acknowledged?

Here is my information.

Date Fedex'd - August 31, 2006
Date Of Acknowledgment 07-SEP-2006
Application Status
Photo/Signature SCANNED On 11-SEP-2006
Registration Status GRANTED on 13-SEP-2006
Documents Printing Status PRINTED on 13-SEP-2006
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 13-SEP-2006
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On NOT YET

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Sli - that's flying along.

I just checked mine. Here's the update --
Date FedExed - 9/6
Date Delivered (by tracking the package) - 9/7
Date Of Acknowledgment - 9/12
Application Status - Registration Status - Under Process

Btw, Sli -- when you just update your last post, it doesn't show as new info on the main board (not highlighted, not at the top). So, if you do a new post, it will pop to the top, highlighted.

Thanks for updating!

Last edited by a moderator:
sending docs

I will be applying for my OCI shortly, its scary when you send in your application, we need to send US Passport, Indian Passport right.

It goes to US consulate, from there to Delhi and back. What happens if it gets lost in the process? or you just hope all goes fine

There is no need to send your US Passport. They explicitly tell you NOT to send it.

You only need to send the Indian Passport if it hasn't been cancelled. If you have already cancelled it, all you need to send is proof that it is cancelled (self-attested/notarized copies of the relevant pages).

Date Of Acknowledgment 31-AUG-2006
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 6-SEP-2006
Photo/Signature Scanned On 6-SEP-2006
Documents Printed On 7-SEP-2006
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 7-SEP
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI 13-SEP

Status Update: OCI booklet does not have signature for minors?

Registration Status Granted On 22-AUG-2006
Photo/Signature Scanned On 22-AUG-2006
Documents Printed On 23-AUG-2006
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 24-AUG-2006
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 30-AUG-2006

I sent the passports to them on Sep 1, 2006 and received them back on Sep 8th.
Also sent the Indian passports for cancellation, they cancelled them as well and returned them back.

My son's OCI booklet does not have his signature, do others have similar experience.

I just checked my status.

Here's the update --
Date FedExed - 9/6
Photo/Signature Scanned - 9/13
Registration Status Granted - 9/18
Documents Printing Status etc. - NOT PRINTED, NOT DISPATCHED, NOT RECEIVED.

I got the US passport in mail today. It doesn't say "Place of Issue". Also the page24 ("Amendments and Endorsements") is blank.

Q1: When sending notarized copies of the US passport I send the first two pages of US passport (picture page and signature page) and page 24. IS this correct ?.

Q2. What should I fill in for "Place of Issue" ?.

Q3 I am sending total of 5 photographs (2 photos for two forms and three photos separate). Is this correct.

Q4; Do I need to send the original Indian passport also for cancellation or can I get it get it cancelled at a later date.

Please let me know

Thanks

Roy

OCI refused for minor child

OCI application for my minor son was refused by Indian Consulate in new york because either of the parents dont have US or basically non indian passport.

Someone from OCI cell called me and explained this to me , as per the new rule in sept of this year parents need to have a US or any non indian passport for child to be eligible.

Anyone else got the same response ?

1 -- Yes, correct.
2 -- I just filled in USA
3 -- Some people told me that just 3 is fine - one each for the forms and one extra. Apparently they got the OCI with just that. I wasn't sure, so I sent in 5, like you.
4 -- Not sure, since I got it cancelled before (live in NY). I think it should be fine to get it cancelled when you get the OCI, based on other threads I've read here.

It takes under a month in NY (more like 2 weeks from when they get it), so it happens very quickly.

roy_dude said:
I got the US passport in mail today. It doesn't say "Place of Issue". Also the page24 ("Amendments and Endorsements") is blank.

Q1: When sending notarized copies of the US passport I send the first two pages of US passport (picture page and signature page) and page 24. IS this correct ?.

Q2. What should I fill in for "Place of Issue" ?.

Q3 I am sending total of 5 photographs (2 photos for two forms and three photos separate). Is this correct.

Q4; Do I need to send the original Indian passport also for cancellation or can I get it get it cancelled at a later date.

Please let me know

Thanks

Roy

I just checked and surprise, surprise, the OCI is now in NY! I will probably go in the next couple of days and pick it up.

Date FedExed - 9/6
Photo/Signature Scanned - 9/13
Registration Status Granted - 9/18
Documents Printing Status - PRINTED
Documents Printed On - 19-SEP-2006
Documents Despatched From Delhi On - 19-SEP-2006
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On - 25-SEP-2006

If OCI application is rejected, do they send the application/money order back? I sent my application on Sept 12th and I haven't received any response.

Did you check online using your application number? That's the only way to check -- you don't get any other type of response, per se.

And yes, if they reject you, they refund everything except the $25 processing fee.