OCI - New York Tracker

mpotturi

Registered Users (C)
Guys, If you belong to CGINY jurisdiction for OCI, please post your timeline in this thread. Here are my particulars:

Mailed the application on 3rd April and received by CGINY on 7th April. Online status still shows 'File not registered with the concerned mission yet' or something like that. My reference number is in the proximity of USANI066xx06.

With all due respect - this is a forum about US citizenship. How does this thread belong here? Perhaps the moderator can create another forum for this. That would help not only people interested in this topic as they would have a common place to go but also help people searching for info on topics related to US Citizenship by keeping the forum focussed.

Thanks
Sam

needurhelp said:
We already have several threads floating around in this Citizenship forum in regards to OCI.

For majority of Indians the immigration journey is US Citizenship - US PP - Indian OCI.

I'm not arguing whether this thread should be here or not, but want you to know why we have so many threads/posts about OCI and India and PIO floating around.

Yes, I completely understand the interest in these topics. All I'm suggesting is that they would be better off in their own forum alongside the US citizenship forum, not in it. That way all those interested in these topics will be able to easily find all the discussion threads; and the others who are visiting this forum just for US citizenship info would find only the info they need. Wouldn't this seperation of forums be beneficial to everyone?

Regards,
Sam

Agree with Sam seperate forum is best

Although, I am currently in process for OCI and stuck at CGINY, a seperate forum is best. This one is USC and should stay thay way.

BTW: My case status on OCI:

Applied (Received part B): MAR 28
Reference Number: USANI064**06

sv2707 said:
Although, I am currently in process for OCI and stuck at CGINY, a seperate forum is best. This one is USC and should stay thay way.

BTW: My case status on OCI:

Applied (Received part B): MAR 28
Reference Number: USANI064**06
Thank you sv2707. I have already made a request for creation of a separate forum for OCI issues and it is in the process of execution. I have got confirmation from the webmaster to that effect. We should see a separate forum pretty soon.

sv2707 said:
Consulate General of India, New York (or NY)
Thanks for the info. Also do we send 3.5cm x3.5cm photos or 2in x2in ones .different sites have asked for different sizes.

tmadhusudan said:
Thanks for the info. Also do we send 3.5cm x3.5cm photos or 2in x2in ones .different sites have asked for different sizes.

CGINY asks for 3.5cm x3.5cm. You can get the regular PP photos and then cut them to be approx. the 3.5cm x3.5cm size.

Also, 2 photos - one each on the duplicate applications.
3 photos - in an attached envelope.

sv2707 said:
CGINY asks for 3.5cm x3.5cm. You can get the regular PP photos and then cut them to be approx. the 3.5cm x3.5cm size.

Also, 2 photos - one each on the duplicate applications.
3 photos - in an attached envelope.
Thank you very much for the info. Apreciate it :)

My status went to uder process from 'file yet to register' crap just this afternoon. I mailed my app on 4/4/06 and received by CGINY on 4/7/06.

Time required for OCI

I am fairly new to this forum. If anyone can let me know about time taken for entire OCI process. As per the website the initial process of registeration takes 2 weeks, does it really? and how much time it take after that.
I have to get this done for my infant son

Reply will be appreciated

Varies

In genral it takes about 3 to 4 months. Currently CGINY is processing files on adaily basis, so this may be the best time. They seem to process every few months. Which means that they clear their backlog and then stop processing and use the resources elsewhere. Then they come back and start processing. Thus, the 2 weeks to processing start, depends when you send it in. If it is during their processing spree then you are lucky. Otherwise, like in my case they had my file for 4 weeks before it went into Processing and within days granted. Now I am waiting to post the receipt of the sticker.

How to cancel OCI?

Hi friends - I had submitted the OCI application for my 2 kids in New York. The application was received on May 1st 2006. The status is "File not registered..." My wife and kids have to travel back to India in June and I can't wait for the OCI to complete. Therefore I am planning to personally go the Consulate in NY this week and cancel the OCI application and then apply for a PIO card for my 2nd kid (first one has a PIO). If PIO card does not come in time, I plan to again personally go and apply for a visa. Can someone please comment if this is the way to approach my problem? Thanks in advance.

PS: Also this is the first time I am going to the consulate. Please provide any helpful tips.

Status --> Granted

The status on nmy case has changed from under process to granted today. Looks like MHA is on a mission to break record or something.

At last....

mine too went from "Under Process" to "Granted" today!!!! But, I hope, they will not come back and ask me to send my pics!!!!!- Like they did for my friend!!!!!

good luck to everyone else!!!!! :)

ASGK said:
mine too went from "Under Process" to "Granted" today!!!! But, I hope, they will not come back and ask me to send my pics!!!!!- Like they did for my friend!!!!!

Why would they ask for pics? Is it because of poor quality ( I am just assuming this) of the ones you have sent with the application?

Online Status improved!

MHA website for online status has been spruced up and it now looks really professional grade. Way to go MHA. :)

ASGK said:

If the online status gives a date of scanning for photos & signature, then I think they will not ask for any new photos. Especially there is date for the U visa sticker dispatched from Delhi.

Looks like a whole bunch of OCI cards have been despatched from Delhi yesterday (30th May) and they should show up on the CGINY website early next week.