Here is my tmeline:
8/10 - Application Mailed
8/11 - Received at consulate
9/02 - Received call from consulate to send original PIO card
9/03 - Mailed PIO card
9/07 - PIO card received at consulate
9/13 - Status change to Under Process

Hi,

I just applied 2 days ago and i did not attach my son ORIGINAL PIO. Did you keep covering letter referring your OCI Registration number?

Applied SC + OCI together; No updates and/or status change yet for both.

Documents mailed 7/19/2010
CGI-NY Received 7/20/2010

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm!!! Frustrating..!!!!!!
Nearly 2 months after mailing, had a phone msg from CGINY today; They need a copy of 'Nat Cert' for the minor child;
For minor child getting 'Nat Cert' (thru N-600) is optional, if both parents are US citizens (thru naturalization). I've already submitted copy of US passport etc..
along with the OCI app earlier.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Do I need to enclose a return prepaid US Express Mail or a $20 certified check with initial OCI application? or it should be sent along US passports when status is granted?

Could someone clarify, please? Thanks

Hi,

Do I need to enclose a return prepaid US Express Mail or a $20 certified check with initial OCI application? or it should be sent along US passports when status is granted?

Could someone clarify, please? Thanks

You can do it either way as per your preference. In my case, I sent my US passports/PIO original card and the Cashiers check for $20 after my OCI card was received at CGI NY.

Also I did not send any return pre paid US Express mail or otherwise as the $20 cashiers check/money order is for the CG NY to return your Passports/card .

Hope this clarifies your Q.

Good Luck.

I get the following error when I try and see my status at the website NY Consulate's OnlineOCIenquiryFileNo website
I had submitted my OCI application over 2 weeks ago and was trying to see if a File (Acknowledgement ) number had been assigned to me.

HTTP Status 404 - /getData.jsp

type Status report

message /getData.jsp

description The requested resource (/getData.jsp) is not available.

Any clues?

Hi GoanBoy,
I suppose you are trying https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp. It is a global link for all of the world.... This link has given grief to many, at various occasions. It is just that it is probably going through one of those phases...... Maintenance, Overload, Shutdown, Upgrade.....
Give it a few minutes or hours and try again.... it will work...

Good luck

Original PIO Card

Submitted my OCI application on Aug 17th. No change in online status yet. However got an acknowledgement email from some Mr. Ashok on Sept 3rd. On Sept 11th received another email asking me to send original PIO cards of the kids to the consulate (attn: Priti). I had already submitted the original PIO cards with my application. I replied the email saying the same.

I have repeatedly tried to call them to find the current status but to no avail.

Any guidance/suggestion on this. I am not sure what stage the application is in.

Thanks

status update

Applied for my son's OCI. I already had got my OCI in 2007.

Sent OCI application on August 30th 2010.
Received by CGI NY on August 31st 2010.
Status updated to Under Process, Acknowledged on September 14th, 2010.

Applied for my son's OCI. I already had got my OCI in 2007.

Sent OCI application on August 30th 2010.
Received by CGI NY on August 31st 2010.
Status updated to Under Process, Acknowledged on September 14th, 2010.

Wow! Acknowledged in 14 days, that is pretty quick.

Wow! Acknowledged in 14 days, that is pretty quick.

Smdk,

Yes I was suprised too. One correction though. The Acknowledged date is September 15th.
So 15 days really.
The application was only for my son. I modified the checklist to include copies of mine and my
spouses OCI and cancelled Indian pasports. Notarised all the documents except driver license
copies of mine and my spouse. That we self attested to show authencity and consent.