OCI - Houston Tracker

Vallabadu,
thank you for posting your start of OCI journey for your family.
My son is also a PIO holder, I am planning to apply for his next year after we renew his passport next year.

Is a minor PIO to OCI fee 145? correct? (not 25 - right?)

thanks

Vallabadu,
thank you for posting your start of OCI journey for your family.
My son is also a PIO holder, I am planning to apply for his next year after we renew his passport next year.

Is a minor PIO to OCI fee 145? correct? (not 25 - right?)

thanks

OCIJungle,

You are right, for a minor PIO to OCI, the fee is $145.00.

Thanks

All,
Any one got OCI approved recently?
My date of acknowledgment is May 24, photopgraph scanned May 25.
It is stuck at underprocess
--shahid

After 7 days of submitting the OCI applications for my kids in person at the CGI they have now acknowledged and scanned the photos. Now the wait begins.... 6 months? 8 months? who knows....

Status of our app

All,
Any one got OCI approved recently?
My date of acknowledgment is May 24, photopgraph scanned May 25.
It is stuck at underprocess
--shahid

My ack date is June 11, 2010 and my application was granted on Aug 20, 2010. Docs were dispatched to Houston on Aug 23. I'm surprised(in a good way) because just a few days back when I doing some file number manipulation on the status check site I was expecting the approval to come thru at the end of September. No idea if my stream of complaints to the MOIA had any hand in this(I doubt it)

thats good

CalmNik,
Thats good to hear your case is approved and getting closer for stamping.
Keep us, posted on your progress.

Did you mail your OCI application or applied in person at Houston?

When did they cash the check that you sent. Mine was sent a week ago, no progress yet.. May be in another 4 or 5 weeks they might acknowledge it.

thanks

I mailed in the OCI app and I believe the check was cashed about 4 days after I mailed the app. I can't recall when the status started appearing online but the ack date is the same as the check cash date. I plan to drive to Houston for the stamping, no way I can take a chance with mailing in 2 US passports.

Finally see that they have acknowledged my application. This is crazy. They received it on June 30th. They show the Date Of Acknowledgment as 26-AUG-2010. It has taken them almost 2 months for acknowledging my application :(

Finally see that they have acknowledged my application. This is crazy. They received it on June 30th. They show the Date Of Acknowledgment as 26-AUG-2010. It has taken them almost 2 months for acknowledging my application :(

Cool but that long to acknowledge is indeed uncool! As somebody on this thread commented earlier there is some significant breakdown at CGI Houston

CGI Houston finally catching up?!

I had given up on the notion of receiving my OCI card this calendar year, but then there was a flurry of activity....

OCI application mailed : 5/30/10
OCI application acknowledged: 6/2/10
Surrender certificate mailed with Indian Passport : 6/8/10
Surrender certificate received: 7/15/10
OCI application approved 7/30/10
Documents printed : 8/2/10
Documents received at Houston: 8/4/10
US passports mailed to Houston: 8/23/10 (I was traveling and could not dispatch sooner)
US passports received in Houston: 8/25/10
US passports returned with OCI cards:8/27/10

Docs arrived at Houston

My docs have arrived at Houston on 8/26 3 days after they were printed. Guess I'll be making a Houston trip soon.

Question on visiting CGI Houston

Anybody here know if CGI Houston guarantees same day return of passports handed over for the OCI U stamp? My docs have arrived at Houston and I'm not too keen on mailing in 2 passports. I plan to drive in and hand them over personally. I believe the CGI Houston site indicates same day return in the evening but is this really the case. Not sure what to believe and what not to believe on the site anymore.

Just Be Calm!
I mailed in 5 passports on Monday, which were received in Houston on Wednesday. My passports were mailed back to me by overnight FedEX next day and were in my possession on friday. All in all very smooth. Just make sure you send in copy of your surrender certificate or copy of canceled PP and copy of printout from the online status check, just to be sure with bureaucracy. And of course the 20 USD.
So if they did an overnight turn around for me, I am pretty sure they will have your passports ready for you in the evening.
Good Luck!

Sent passports to Houston

Just Be Calm!
I mailed in 5 passports on Monday, which were received in Houston on Wednesday. My passports were mailed back to me by overnight FedEX next day and were in my possession on friday. All in all very smooth. Just make sure you send in copy of your surrender certificate or copy of canceled PP and copy of printout from the online status check, just to be sure with bureaucracy. And of course the 20 USD.
So if they did an overnight turn around for me, I am pretty sure they will have your passports ready for you in the evening.
Good Luck!

Well I took your advice and mailed them in :) Here's hoping that they get back!

Waiting for passports to get back

Don't worry. Just Listen to the song from 3 idiots
" Aaal iz vell!"
Do update when you receive them back. The labor day weekend might delay it by a day or two....

I certainly hope the Labor day weekend is the cause of the delay because the consulate received my passports on Wednesday(like your case) but unlike your situation I did not get them back on Friday :(