OCI - Houston Tracker

Waiting for passport

Anybody on the CGI Houston forum mailed in passports recently and waiting for them to get back? What is the typical turnaround time? CGI Houston received our passports last Wednesday and I still don't have them back yet.

Hi Friends,
I have applied OCI card for me and my wife. The time line is given below.
Houston OCI
OCI App by USPS Mail - 5/22/10
App Acknowledged - 5/26/10
Photo scanned - 5/26/10
Status - Under Progress

Has anyone out there got their OCI status updated to granted in May? Do I need to submit the application for the Surrender Certificate?

Any reply/response is highly appreciated.
Sunilcs

OCI timeline

Mine application has almost same dates, and still "under freaking progress".....
Not sure when it will get done.
Hi Friends,
Houston OCI
Photo scanned - 5/26/10
Status - Under Progress

Has anyone out there got their OCI status updated to granted in May? Do I need to submit the application for the Surrender Certificate?

Sunilcs

Hi Friends,
Houston OCI
Photo scanned - 5/26/10
Status - Under Progress

Sunilcs

I think you ought to submit your Surrender certificate application. I submitted my app later than yours , but quickly followed up with my surrender application, cross referencing my file number in the cover letter. Got approved back on 7/30/2010. I think having a surrendered cert moved my application faster. Only a guess, but a calculated one. And do send them a polite email and tell them you need to travel You will not receive a reply, but you might get an approval!

Hi Levitation how did U cross referenced your surrender cert with your application

I think you ought to submit your Surrender certificate application. I submitted my app later than yours , but quickly followed up with my surrender application, cross referencing my file number in the cover letter. Got approved back on 7/30/2010. I think having a surrendered cert moved my application faster. Only a guess, but a calculated one. And do send them a polite email and tell them you need to travel You will not receive a reply, but you might get an approval!

How did U do it. Did U just send a letter with photocopy of your surrender cert?

Please let us know, as I ahve already received my surrender certificate.

I filed my SC a week after my OCI application. I got my acknowledgement number off the website and mentioned it in a cover letter.

In your case I would send them a copy of SC and a letter with your USAHI00XXXX number.
I donot know if it will suffice but lets keep our fingers crossed.

Its been a month finally atleast my application is acknowledged by houston. My wife I hope any time now ....

I am a PIO holder. Wife is not a PIO holder. Both applied for OCI together.

Will keep you all posted how this thing goes..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post. Apologize for this double post. was trying to update my signature.

thank you..

Update on OCI Applications

Finally my wife's OCI application is acknowledged, but my son's application is not acknowledged at the same time. I put them together in one application. Hopefully they will acknowledge my son early next week.

Here is the timeline:
OCI Mailed Date: 08/23/2010
Acknowledgment Date: 09/24/2010
Photos Scanned Date: 09/24/2010

Online Status update - "registration : status granted : Oct 02 2010"

Our date of acknowledgment is May 10 2010.
Waiting for documents to be received in Houston.

Note, we do not have SC yet. Planning to go to consulate and get SC work and passport stamping with U Visa together (only after OCI documents are received in Houston).

Guys do you think there might be issues here ...consulate may ask me to do SC and OCI work serially rather than in parallel as I am hoping for?.

Hi,
Do we have to notarize the SC application form before sending. Any one who got approved, please let me know. ?

Wife's OCI and SC app received on 9/22/2010

51 days and counting for surrender certificate

I thought OCI is going to take longer and applied just for the the SC. 51 days, still nothing.

I thought OCI is going to take longer and applied just for the the SC. 51 days, still nothing.

jma123 - When did you apply for SC? Can you post your dates. I sent application on 08/16, received by Houston 08/18 (per USPS web site). So it is 47 days for me but no action so far. Did you able to follow up with them? I tried calling today, tried for 45 minutes, no response. Not sure what to do ??

jma123 - When did you apply for SC? Can you post your dates. I sent application on 08/16, received by Houston 08/18 (per USPS web site). So it is 47 days for me but no action so far. Did you able to follow up with them? I tried calling today, tried for 45 minutes, no response. Not sure what to do ??

I applied for SC first week of June, 2010. Got it around the third week in August. It takes a loooooong time. Then I applied for OCI first week in September. OCI Status still states "application not yet acknowledged". Houston consulate is very slow. Don't bother calling or emailing them. They do not respond.

May 1st week processing going on, just got of call

Now I am buying lottery ticket tonite since I talked to a human there after 3 days of waiting
waiting
waiting

god bless us