OCI - Houston Tracker

Thanks for the info, I tried calling the Fedex local office to see if there any any delivery in my name and they could not find one.. Now I am little more worried... I am planning to travel out of the country in a few days and hope my passport arrives on time..

Interesting stuff... Got a automated call from Fedex telling me that my package will arrive tomorrow prior to 3 PM and they gave me a tracking number. I am glad Houston Consulate is putting the contact phone number so that I got the visibility of the package.

I recently applied for my daughter....in Houston. It was all done within a month. I used my digital camera to make photos for her.

supporting docs questions

Hi,

newbie here, became USC 4/8, applied for passport, standard processing.

Can OCI be applied using copy of Nat Certificate or copy of USPS acknowledgement.

I have travel plans in late June to India.

Please advice.

Thanks
KosmoKramer
USC- 4/8

Interesting stuff... Got a automated call from Fedex telling me that my package will arrive tomorrow prior to 3 PM and they gave me a tracking number. I am glad Houston Consulate is putting the contact phone number so that I got the visibility of the package.

Received my Passport and OCI Booklets yesterday, updated my signature..

Hi,

newbie here, became USC 4/8, applied for passport, standard processing.

Can OCI be applied using copy of Nat Certificate or copy of USPS acknowledgement.

I have travel plans in late June to India.

Please advice.

Thanks
KosmoKramer
USC- 4/8

You need US passport # and copies to apply for OCI. You may be able to get the OCI by June, if not you can apply for tourist visa.

Child US Passport Renewed - Travelling to India - Not Enough Time to Transfer U-Sticker

My child's renewed US Passport will be delivered this week (by 04/16). She has OCI and U-Stamp in old passport. Based on the information at the Houston Consulate website, OCI need to be transferred to new passport till the child is 20 yrs. We will be travelling first week of May to India and I am not sure we have enough time to get U-Stamp transferred to new passport.

Can she travel with two passports (Old and New)? Any experiences?
or
Can I get her India Tourist Visa?

If there is another other options, please let me know.
Thanks

Your thoughts of getting a tourist visa might work ... talk to the embassy, asking that she needs to travel and what should she do.

However, it is a shame is that one might need to get a 2nd visa despite already having a lifelong visa.

Other option is to just land up in India and see what happens. Airlines in US will not notice this. Immigration in India may not make it an issue. If they do, after some hue and cry, they will give her a few days permit and then you go to FRRO and try to normalize things. However, it will screw up any vacation plans you have, and has high risk.

My child's renewed US Passport will be delivered this week (by 04/16). She has OCI and U-Stamp in old passport. Based on the information at the Houston Consulate website, OCI need to be transferred to new passport till the child is 20 yrs. We will be travelling first week of May to India and I am not sure we have enough time to get U-Stamp transferred to new passport.

Can she travel with two passports (Old and New)? Any experiences?
-------Yes, Same was with my friend and his son 9 year got Second US passport and on Child OCI the was Expired US passport number. He took Child US exppired Passport+ New US passport +OCI Card. when reached Mumbai he had to show child New US passport+ old US passport with U visa and OCI Card.
or
Can I get her India Tourist Visa?

If there is another other options, please let me know.
Thanks
Read the info written in RED at top
https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIMiscMain.jsp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I submitted my wifes application on March 24th. I have seen any updates online to the case. We had two Online registration #'s. I used the second one but when I put the passport and date of birth info, it gets the first online confirmation #.

I am not seeing any updates to either one of the online confirmation #'s and as usual no response to email to consulate.

Is there any one out there that is in the same situation who applied on March 24th and didnt get a response till now?

Thanks

Houston received mine March 19, Acknowledged March 26. Status UnderProcess, Photo/Signature Scanned. No other updates

did the Photo/Signature Scanned appear next to the "UnderProcess"? I don't see a separate row for it. Also, did that show up on 3/26 as well, or later on?

My wife status shows as 'NOT YET' in the Documents Received at Section.

It was received per FEDEX on March 24th. But nothing has changed online since then. Almost three weeks now.

I am told its taking longer now as its a busy period. My guess is because a lot of people are probably planning to travel in the next few months

Thanks for your replies. I spoke with Houston Consulate and was advised as follow:

1. Postpone your trip if possible
2. If not, travel with all three documents Old, New and OCI card
3. Tourist visa cannot be issued once OCI has been issued.

What worries me is an accquaintance of mine tried to fly from Dallas with similar situation and was not allowed to board the plane! Lets see what happens.

Thanks for your replies. I spoke with Houston Consulate and was advised as follow:

What worries me is an accquaintance of mine tried to fly from Dallas with similar situation and was not allowed to board the plane! Lets see what happens.
Why he was not allowed to board the plane? The person had valid US passport and OCI does not expire and U visa does not expire as it is for Life. What Airline?

No worries and just follow the following link http://www.cgihouston.org/OverseasCitizenship.html
While traveling to India OCI Card holders must carry the OCI Card as well as their nationality passport on which ‘U’ Visa has been affixed. In case the OCI Card holder has obtained new passport after expiry of the validity of the passport on which ‘U’ Visa had been affixed, he/she must carry both the old and the new passport along with the OCI Card for entry into India.

To transfer the visa to a new passport, apply for OCI Miscellaneous Services as per details on webpage. OCI Miscellaneous Services have been introduced for re-issue of OCI Registration Card and ‘U’ Visa in case of new passport, loss or damage of OCI Registration Card/’U’ Visa or changes in personal particulars.