OCI - Houston Tracker

You can write a cover letter, mention new address, and request the consulate to send the
documents to your new address. I am assuming you did pay for the overnight delivery. If
not, add $20 money order with that request.

CGI Houston is very good with such things; so it should not be much problem. That's
my experience with similar thing in the past. Others can comment too!

I did send the $20 with the application. Do i need to send a photo copy of the cashier's check also?

Dispatched

Applied: 3/1
Ack + photo/sig scan: 3/5
Granted: 3/10
Printed: 3/11
Dispatched to the Consulate: 3/12

if you applied 10 March (2 days back) how it can reach Delhi on March 11 and gets scanned on March11?

Sorry to be jumping in but here is how it goes, I think.

The consulate in US does the scanning (uploads into the system) and grants it (after consultation with the Ministry of Home Affairs - done using online database checking). People in Delhi just print it and mail it back to the consulate in the US.

Sorry to be jumping in but here is how it goes, I think.

The consulate in US does the scanning (uploads into the system) and grants it (after consultation with the Ministry of Home Affairs - done using online database checking). People in Delhi just print it and mail it back to the consulate in the US.
-------------According to my info one set of application is sent to Delhi and scanning is done at Delhi.

I definitely believe that scanning is done in consulate in US. They scanned my photo within 36 hours of they getting my application form. I think it is not possible to scan the photos in Delhi in that time frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI - Houston Status related questions - Please Help

First of, thank you for a very informative forum. Really helped me out while applying for my OCI

Me & my family are Canadian citizens (10 years ago) and live in the US.
We recently applied for the OCI. I have all the documentation that was asked for and sent it in.

Online status says ---

Registration Status : UnderProcess
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-MAR-2010
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON NOT YET

I see from the sticky thread that others are seeing the Granted status real quick. Mine has been in the UnderProcess status for over 12 days now.

My Questions are:

1. Will I get an actual acknowledgment in the mail or email? or just see it online?
2. How do I know that all the documentation I have submitted is good, are they needing more?
3. Will there be any complications, given that Me, my wife are Canadian citizens (10 years ago). Older son, born in Canada. Younger son (US citizen) born in USA?
4. I am thinking of traveling to India in June, do I need to consider a Visa as well?

Thank you all for your help.

passport timeline

rpranesh,

can you tell me what is your passport timeline? my wife applied for pp on Feb 16 and we are still waiting for the passport.

Thx

First of, thank you for a very informative forum. Really helped me out while applying for my OCI

Me & my family are Canadian citizens (10 years ago) and live in the US.
We recently applied for the OCI. I have all the documentation that was asked for and sent it in.

Online status says ---

Registration Status : UnderProcess
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-MAR-2010
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON NOT YET

I see from the sticky thread that others are seeing the Granted status real quick. Mine has been in the UnderProcess status for over 12 days now.

My Questions are:

1. Will I get an actual acknowledgment in the mail or email? or just see it online?
2. How do I know that all the documentation I have submitted is good, are they needing more?
--------if they ask send them. FYI if you are Canadian citizens did you send copy of your status in US like GC/H1/F1/J1/EAD in duplicate? they need your status document in US and Utilty Bill / US DL copy ?
3. Will there be any complications, given that Me, my wife are Canadian citizens (10 years ago). Older son, born in Canada. Younger son (US citizen) born in USA?
------did you incluse the copy of Birt certificate of children?4. I am thinking of traveling to India in June, do I need to consider a Visa as well?
------ Wait 7-10 days for OCI status, you are going to India in June you should consider Visa option 1-25 days before your Departure date.Thank you all for your help.
------------

Thank you for your prompt reply.

2. I just sent them the I-94 card copy in duplicate. There is no US Visa in my passport, since Canadians don't need an Indian Visa. I did not send my H1 petition, or utility bill or DL copies. Since the instructions did not ask for them, I did not send them.

3. Yes, I did send the birth certificates of all children

Should I now wait for them to ask me for more documentation, or should I proactively send out these copies?

Thank you for your prompt reply.

2. I just sent them the I-94 card copy in duplicate. There is no US Visa in my passport, since Canadians don't need an Indian Visa.
------- you should have explained to them in your cover letter.
I did not send my H1 petition, or utility bill or DL copies. Since the instructions did not ask for them, I did not send them.
------They will ask for Utility bill/DL copy. Send them now with your Online registration number on Cover letter and request them to attach with your file. If you dont send wait and they will ask for the documents.
3. Yes, I did send the birth certificates of all children

Should I now wait for them to ask me for more documentation, or should I proactively send out these copies?
---- send them and write your Online Registration number and name, address, email.
--------------------

10 MAR 2010: Houston Received
11 MAR 2010: Acked + Photo scanned.
13-MAR-2010: Granted.
15-MAR-2010: Printed.
17-MAR-2010: Sent to Consulate from Delhi.

Arrived at the consulate

OCI Arrived

Applied: 3/1
Ack + photo/sig scan: 3/5
Granted: 3/10
Printed: 3/11
Dispatched to the Consulate: 3/12
OCI arrived at CGI Houston: 3/18
Original US & Indian passport sent along with a screen shot of OCI status: 3/18

Received my OCI and U Visa Stamped on Passport Today

Application Sent 02/24
Houston Received 02/26