OCI - Houston Tracker

PIO in Houston

I am applying PIO for my US Citizen kids. I am in Florida and hence applying in Houston. Should I send US passports along with the PIO application?

File (Acknowledgment) No.

I submit my OCI application 2 days back at

https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

I got Online Registration No while registering but no File(Acknowledgment) No.

When I check status using "Online Registration No" that start with USAHIXXX
I am getting "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged"

Did I missed anything? When will I get file number? I am worried about status.

Thanks in advance.

I submit my OCI application 2 days back at

https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

I got Online Registration No while registering but no File(Acknowledgment) No.

When I check status using "Online Registration No" that start with USAHIXXX
I am getting "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged"

Did I missed anything? When will I get file number? I am worried about status.

Thanks in advance.

File/Ack# is assigned when work on your application starts in Delhi. It will take a few days (or even weeks) for it to happen. Check the Houston Tracker thread for any recent time lines posted there.

Finally it's in Houston

Thanks for your input. I am seeing a pattern somewhat similar to yours but then the weird things happen.

On 02/12 the status was showing the following
Date of Acknowledgement: 05-FEB-2009 [ original date was 06-Nov-2008]
Registration Status: Granted on 11-FEB-2009

so I was hoping that the next step would be print and dispatch, however on 02/13 it again went back to in progress !!!!

Date of Acknowledgement: 13-FEB-2009
Registration Status: Under Process

Finally the status shows it's printed, mailed and received in Houston. I just mailed the passports on Monday (03/05) for stamping and hope I will receive them back soon.

PS: While back I emailed my situation to "ocicgihouston@swbell.net" and although I never got a reply back but looks like it worked or may be they just realized that this case was pending :)

Should I send my US passport now?

I sent in my OCI application in first week of Nov. After all these months, i finally see my online status changed:

Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON NOT YET

When should i send my US passport and old Indian passport to Consulate in Houston? Also, tell me what should i send other than US passport, old Indian passport and Online status hard copy? Please advice.

I sent in my OCI application in first week of Nov. After all these months, i finally see my online status changed:

Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON NOT YET

When should i send my US passport and old Indian passport to Consulate in Houston? Also, tell me what should i send other than US passport, old Indian passport and Online status hard copy? Please advice.

Do not send anything until you see "DOCUMENTS RECEIVED AT HOUSTON". Make sure you send the following: US Passport, Indian Passport( all booklets if you have more than one), Printout of the online status.

Send them by FEDEX or UPS so that you can track your package and also have proof of delivery. make sure you make photocopies of all the documents before sending the originals...just in case.

Good luck.

Finally it's all done......

Finally the status shows it's printed, mailed and received in Houston. I just mailed the passports on Monday (03/05) for stamping and hope I will receive them back soon.

PS: While back I emailed my situation to "ocicgihouston@swbell.net" and although I never got a reply back but looks like it worked or may be they just realized that this case was pending :)

I sent the passports for stamping and got them back with the stamp and OCI cards in 8 days so finally I am all done.:):):):)

Here is my timeline.
Application sent to Houston Dec 22, 2008.
(Passport photos with White background was accepted. I went to Walgreens and used their standard white background for all my family. No Issues)

Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-JAN-2009
Registration Status Granted On 17-FEB-2009
Documents Printed On 18-FEB-2009
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 19-FEB-2009
Documents Received at HOUSTON On 24-FEB-2009

Sent Passport for stamping on March 3rd, 2009.
Received stamped passport with OCI book on March 19th, 2009.

Finally it is OVER!!!!
Good luck with your efforts.

PIO Card Application in Houston

I wanted to first thank this forum. It has helped me in various ways including PIO card for my children.

Here are the details:

I downloaded the PIO Card Application from the cgihouston website. I filled in as well.

I was applying for my TWO children.

Mailed the following:
Notorized copy of my Indian Passport.
Notorized copy of my Wife's Indian Passport.
Notorized copy of my Father's Indian Passport. (My dad is here on vacation)
Notorized copy of my Mother's Indian Passport. (My mon is here on vacation)
Notorized copy of Driver Licensee
Notorized copy of Utility Bill
Notorized copy of my first kid passport
Notorized copy of my second kid passport

Application form for each ofcourse
Application Fee for each ofcourse
Mailing Fee of $20.00 each (TWO of them. Not sure if that was necessary, but if helped in my case as I explained below)
Driver's Licensee copy of mine
One Utility Bill

For Notorized Copies; I went to BOA and asked them. They asked me to write "True copy of the Original" and sign it and then they notorized it.
Also, I copied only the front page and back page of the passports. Not the whole book.

I mailed on March 3rd.

I got a call from Houston on 5th saying that one of my child forgot to sign the application form and they asked me to redo the second page of the application for him, fill it in, sign and fax to them. I did that on 9th.

I got my first kids PIO on 9th March.
I called the Houston on 10th inquiring for my other app. i called at 3PM EST and the picked it up and spoke very softly and respectfully.

I got my other kid's PIO on 13th March.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like things are moving on my Case
OCI Application Mailed: 2/2/2009
Date of Acknowledgment: 26-FEB-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned: 13-MAR-2009
Registration Status Granted: 27-MAR-2009
Documents Printed: 30-MAR-2009

Friends,

I sent out my OCI application to Houston 01/31/2009 & reached there on 02/02/09. Upto now, no update. I am keep trying on website with my USAHI** number to get status.
Any thing wrong with my OCI appl? what I need to do at this stage?
thanx..

Friends,

I sent out my OCI application to Houston 01/31/2009 & reached there on 02/02/09. Upto now, no update. I am keep trying on website with my USAHI** number to get status.
Any thing wrong with my OCI appl? what I need to do at this stage?
thanx..

Make sure you enter the USAHI** number under the "Online Registration No" and not under the "File(Acknowledgment) No"
If that does not work, try sending them an e-mail, or visiting in person. Calling them is useless.

Self Addressed Envelope

I see my case status updated as
"Documents Received at HOUSTON"

When I applied, I sent in extra $20 as mailing fee, and a self addressed envelope. I did not put any stamps on it.
Did that need to be "Self Addressed Envelope" or "Self Addressed Stamped Envelope"

I see my case status updated as
"Documents Received at HOUSTON"

When I applied, I sent in extra $20 as mailing fee, and a self addressed envelope. I did not put any stamps on it.
Did that need to be "Self Addressed Envelope" or "Self Addressed Stamped Envelope"

What you did is correct - no need for SASE.

Friends,

My OCI appl received on 02/02/09 & from then I am keep trying my status on
website & never saw the status change.
Today I reeived a letter from Houston with following message:
Kindly refer to ur appl for OCI card. your appl is returned here with for the following reasons mentioned here under:
a: please send a copy of Indian passport
b: please send a copy of US passport

Why I got this now after 2 months? I sent copies of indian & US passports with appl.
Anybody have this experience? is it time to send my Indian & american pp's?
I received my whole appl back with my PICs & MO, but Received stamp is there on appl.

what I need to do now? please let me know, thanx..

mailed on 1st april. but i dont have my registration numer or anything

i misplaced my registration number. how can i track my process? i have ticket to fly on 8th june. if i dont get OCI by the date of my departure. can i apply for a visit visa to india ?? any temporary visa which will allow me to visit inida

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,

My OCI appl received on 02/02/09 & from then I am keep trying my status on
website & never saw the status change.
Today I reeived a letter from Houston with following message:
Kindly refer to ur appl for OCI card. your appl is returned here with for the following reasons mentioned here under:
a: please send a copy of Indian passport
b: please send a copy of US passport

Why I got this now after 2 months? I sent copies of indian & US passports with appl.
Anybody have this experience? is it time to send my Indian & american pp's?
I received my whole appl back with my PICs & MO, but Received stamp is there on appl.

what I need to do now? please let me know, thanx..

I have noticed that in most cases there is a gap of 6-8 weeks from when the application is received at houston and before Embassy will acknowledge. Looks like something weird happened with your application and my suggesstion would be to re-submit the whole application with detailed cover letter. Here is a sample of what I submitted for my family

Ref: OCI Application for XXXXXX Family.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please find enclosed the OCI application for our family. The following documents are attached.

• OCI Application form Part-A & Part-B (in duplicate) for XXXXX-A, XXXXX-B, XXXXX-C & XXXXX-D
• Fees: Total $870 [$825 + $25 + $20]
• $275 each for XXXX-A, XXXX-B & XXXX-C – Sub Total $825
• $25 for XXXX-D as she has a PIO card
• $20 for Return mailing fees
• Self attested copy of USA passport.
• Self attested copy of Indian passports.
• Self attested copy of PIO card for XXXXX-D
• Birth Certificate for XXXX-D
• 3 additional Photos for each applicant.
• Self-addressed envelope for return.

Thank you,

Yours truly