Granted:==============?
Printed:===============?
Dispatched:============?
Recd at Houston:========?
Passports mailed:========?
OCI received;===========?

Waiting as well

hi folks

any insight is highly appreciated..am stuck in limbo as well..here's my status. Not sure why they need 8 diff phone lines, if they don't want to answer it..waste of money.

Consulate:==============Houston,TX
Online Regisration, Form A:===06/30/2008
Acknowledged:============08/05/2008
Scanned:============== 08/29/2008

Photo/Signature Scanned On 10/07/2008

Atloci2008,
-------------------------------------------------
OCI Application
-------------------------------------------------
Online Regisration, Form A:===07/27/2008
App Mailed To Houston:=====08/02/2008
App Delivered To Houston:===08/04/2008
Acknowledged:============09/18/2008
Scanned:================10/07/2008

hi folks

any insight is highly appreciated..am stuck in limbo as well..here's my status. Not sure why they need 8 diff phone lines, if they don't want to answer it..waste of money.

It looks like very slow now-a-days.

atloci2008,

It looks like very slow now-a-days.

atloci2008,

All other consulates atleast seem to reply to email, but none seem to pickup the phones. The term 'Houston, we have a problem' just got re-defined I think. Lack of service really sucks.

Bigmots

hi folks

You should see your app granted anytime now. It takes a more than a month between scan and grant. I was able to speak with a lady in Houston. She mentioned that there are a lot of applications (6 piles of 600 each? I think that is what she said). Once it is granted, papers are shipped within 4-5 days.

Hi Guys,

Consulate: Houston,TX
App Mailed: 08/22/08
Delivered to Consulate: 08/25/08
Acknowledge: ??

Normally how long it takes to get acknowledgement?
Is anybody applied around same time & waiting...

Thanks,

Hi Guys,

Acknowledge: ??

Normally how long it takes to get acknowledgement?
Is anybody applied around same time & waiting...

Thanks,
1 month for ack. Total time will be around 3 months. (at this rate.. it could become better as well)

I am waiting almost 2 months for the acknowledgement...
I called the consulate - OCI dept.. they told me to 'keep checking status on-line'.
Also told me, they can not predict when can i get file no.

I mailed OCI application to IC in Houston on Aug 19th and was delivered to them on Aug 21st according to USPS.

It has been 52 days and there is no acknowledgement. they have not even encashed the check. I must have called them atleast 50 times so far...no one picks up the phone.

My app # is USAHI 10xxx08.

Does anyone close to my timeline get an acknowledgement? also, what is the best time to call them?

Thanks in advance.

I mailed OCI application to IC in Houston on Aug 19th and was delivered to them on Aug 21st according to USPS.

It has been 52 days and there is no acknowledgement. they have not even encashed the check. I must have called them atleast 50 times so far...no one picks up the phone.

My app # is USAHI 10xxx08.

Does anyone close to my timeline get an acknowledgement? also, what is the best time to call them?

Thanks in advance.

I am with you...

Acknowledged: ??

My application has been acknowledged today - Oct 17, 2008

OCI app mailed - 08/19/2008
Delivered - 08/21/2008
Acknowledged - 10/17/2008

Folks,

My update.
OCI app mailed - 08/02/2008
Delivered - 08/04/2008
Acknowledged - 09/06/2008

Seems due to hurricane Ike Houston is taking longer to process OCI than normal.
Any thoughts?

Tan

Passport Return

How do we know when CGI Houston has returned our passports? Until now, i have not received any intimation from them. My passport was received my Houston this past thursday.

OCI - When to send US and expired Indian passports?

Hello,
My parents have applied for OCI. CGI Houston received the printed applications and copies of documents on July 30, 2008.

Checking online status, I see:

Date Of Acknowledgement: 27-AUG-2008
Registration Status: UnderProcess
Photo/Signature: Scanned On: 24-SEP-2008
Documents Printing Status: NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned
Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON NOT YET

Looking at the CGI Houston OCI web page, I quote "When the online status indicates that documents have been received at CGI, Houston, the applicant should send the original passport of citizenship and the valid/expired Indian Passport/PIO Card held by the applicant."

The status says Documents have been received at CGI Houston, but other details on the status page as mentioned above confuse me. Based on what just posted above from the online status page, should I send my parents US and Indian passports to CGI Houston or do I still need to wait further? Thanks.

Hello,
My parents have applied for OCI. CGI Houston received the printed applications and copies of documents on July 30, 2008.

Looking at the CGI Houston OCI web page, I quote "When the online status indicates that documents have been received at CGI, Houston, the applicant should send the original passport of citizenship and the valid/expired Indian Passport/PIO Card held by the applicant."

The status says Documents have been received at CGI Houston, but other details on the status page as mentioned above confuse me. Based on what just posted above from the online status page, should I send my parents US and Indian passports to CGI Houston or do I still need to wait further? Thanks.

Where does it say "Documents have been received at CGI Houston"? Just above that you say that the online status shows: "Documents Received at HOUSTON - NOT YET". Which is it?

Hello,

Wait till all the bolded parts has some info in it, such as printed on mm/dd/yyyy, dispatched on mm/dd/yyyy and received at houston on mm/dd/yyyy.

DO NOT send in your passports until the bolded red part is updated saying that documents are received by Houston CGI. :)

My Update:

Acknowledged: 10/24/08

My update:

Consulate: Houston, TX
Date of Acknowledgement: 09-SEP-1008
Photo/Signature Scanned on 07-OCT-2008
Documents dispatched to concerned mission/office on: NOT DISPATCHED