OCI - Houston Tracker

My application was delivered on 08/04/2008. When I am checking online status Still it says "Application not yet Acknowledged".

Already one month is over and I was curious to know that how long it takes.

Atloci2008,
-------------------------------------------------
OCI Application
Consulate:==============Houston,TX
Online Regisration, Form A:===07/27/2008
App Mailed To Houston:=====08/02/2008
App Delivered To Houston:===08/04/2008
Acknowledged:==========?
Scanned:==============?
Granted:==============?
Printed:===============?
Dispatched:============?
Recd at Houston:========?
Passports mailed:========?
OCI received;===========?

Finally got my OCI card by fedex today. I started the process on 04/17 and it took almost 4.5 months to get everything done.

I sent my passports about 4 weeks back and there was no response. Yesterday I left a message and send them a fax for the first time. Surprisingly I got a call from OCI dept telling me that I will receive my passport tomorrow and they did overnight it.

Good luck everybody.

What number you fax to?

I sent many faxes to 713-626-2450, 713-627-2034 and also 713-993-9347

Never got any response back.

Whom you address your fax.

please let me.

Thanks

What number you fax to?

I sent many faxes to 713-626-2450, 713-627-2034 and also 713-993-9347

Never got any response back.

Whom you address your fax.

please let me.

Thanks

I sent fax to 713-626-2450, 713-627-2034. I also left a message so I am not sure what worked.
I just printed the online status check screen and on the bottom to that page I asked them for the status. I didn't address it to anybody, I just put "Please Help" on top of the page.

Thanks Chunu123

Some how I was able to get hold of customer service, when I ask her about the status, she took my name and phone number and call be back within 10 mts, and said you will get your OCI with 2-3 weeks.

When I ask her don't you need MY PP , she replied why didn't you send your PP , send your PP after one week.

Now I am confused. because My On line status says - Photo scanned - July11,2008 . I am not comfortable sending my PP after one week

My understaning is , we should send the PP only when on line status -says-documents received from Delhi.

Please advice , What should I do?

Thanks Again

Some how I was able to get hold of customer service, when I ask her about the status, she took my name and phone number and call be back within 10 mts, and said you will get your OCI with 2-3 weeks.

When I ask her don't you need MY PP , she replied why didn't you send your PP , send your PP after one week.

Now I am confused. because My On line status says - Photo scanned - July11,2008 . I am not comfortable sending my PP after one week

My understaning is , we should send the PP only when on line status -says-documents received from Delhi.

Please advice , What should I do?

Thanks Again

Doesn't make sense. I would say better wait till the status is 'Document received' before you send your passport.

Doesn't make sense. I would say better wait till the status is 'Document received' before you send your passport.

Hello Chunu123,

My application is stuck at Photo scanned - July 11, 2008
I have seen on this website ,after photo scan status changes pretty fast.
I am not able to get any response from them either.
If I keep sending one fax every day , do you think that will wake them up or they will get upset
Please advice. Anybody who been in this situation.

Thanks,

Search for a hack that was posted on this forum to get your application number. But only thing is that it had to be acknowledged. I did same for my son's application number. I had a day off once so went through each and every number backwards and found my son's application.

go to

http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp?FILERFNO=USAH00xxxx08

acknowledge number is USAHI0xxxx08

roughly the file numbers for xxxx are in 4000 range. Don't change 08 as it is the year. same with ack. number too if you have applied in june/july time frame.

Happy fishing!
s_a_kumar

S_A_Kumar. thanxs... i found the number :)

OCI and Tourist visa...

My OCI is pending i think i might be getting it somewhere mid of next month.But i have to be in india end of this month, to be on the safer sidei got myself tourist visa.I will be in india for quite sometime say 6 months or may be more than that...Iam planning to send the passport to the houston consulate from india for OCI stamping next month.My question is, can i switch from tourist visa to OCI while iam in india?.

My OCI is pending i think i might be getting it somewhere mid of next month.But i have to be in india end of this month, to be on the safer sidei got myself tourist visa.I will be in india for quite sometime say 6 months or may be more than that...Iam planning to send the passport to the houston consulate from india for OCI stamping next month.My question is, can i switch from tourist visa to OCI while iam in india?.

AFAIK, It is not legal to mail passports from one country to another. Even if you send it to Houston from India, will someone be in the US to collect it back from Houston and mail it to India?

AFAIK, It is not legal to mail passports from one country to another. Even if you send it to Houston from India, will someone be in the US to collect it back from Houston and mail it to India?

Yes, i do have relatives here in US.But your stmt that it is illegal to send the passport from one country to other is making me think.

Can i somehow get the OCI stamping in india itself??

Yes, i do have relatives here in US.But your stmt that it is illegal to send the passport from one country to other is making me think.

Can i somehow get the OCI stamping in india itself??

My advice would be to complete your stay in India on your tourist visa and collect your OCI docs from Houston after your return. I personally wouldn't want to be in India for weeks without possession of my passport.

Hello Chunu123,

My application is stuck at Photo scanned - July 11, 2008
I have seen on this website ,after photo scan status changes pretty fast.
I am not able to get any response from them either.
If I keep sending one fax every day , do you think that will wake them up or they will get upset
Please advice. Anybody who been in this situation.

Thanks,

Try calling them and leave the message. Also send fax for few days. Hopefully somebody will look into it. I was lucky in the sense that very first day when I called and sent fax, got a response.

I can understand your pain, keep trying by fax/phone. If you know anybody in houston, see if they can go for you. One of my friend didn't get anything for over a month, he sent papers to his friend who went to consualte and within 2 days he got the passport.

all the best ( you need it when you deal with Indian consulate

Try calling them and leave the message. Also send fax for few days. Hopefully somebody will look into it. I was lucky in the sense that very first day when I called and sent fax, got a response.

I can understand your pain, keep trying by fax/phone. If you know anybody in houston, see if they can go for you. One of my friend didn't get anything for over a month, he sent papers to his friend who went to consualte and within 2 days he got the passport.

all the best ( you need it when you deal with Indian consulate

Thanks chunu123

I hope the staff@CGIHOUSTON is safe and my prayers with all the Texans hit with Hurricane Ike!
Making the matters worse in an already extremely slow process at Houston, they are operating in an Emergency Mode only.
Although, worried about well being of my passports /documents etc. I think their situation in Houston is definitely tougher than most of ours!
Hope things return to normalcy soon!
Saw this EMERGENCY SERVICE NOTICE on CGIHOUSTON website:
http://www.cgihouston.org/Hurricane.html

My Application was acknowledged 09/18/2008

Atloci2008,
OCI Application
Consulate:==============Houston,TX
Online Regisration, Form A:===07/27/2008
App Mailed To Houston:=====08/02/2008
App Delivered To Houston:===08/04/2008