OCI - Houston Tracker

Well, after calling a gazillion times and nobody answering the OCI phone number and me basically reaching my hand into the phone and grabbing the rude lady who answers the pbx lines and shaking her to tell her NOBODY IS ANSWERING .... they finally ACK my case.

Progress. Funny thing is, says Under Process, and the date is tomorrows date.

Hope it's not too long from now ....

Well, after calling a gazillion times and nobody answering the OCI phone number and me basically reaching my hand into the phone and grabbing the rude lady who answers the pbx lines and shaking her to tell her NOBODY IS ANSWERING .... they finally ACK my case.

Progress. Funny thing is, says Under Process, and the date is tomorrows date.

Hope it's not too long from now ....

The latest acknowledgment date I see on the website is 01/08/2008. Do you have a scanned date yet?

Received Passport with U visa

04-Sep-07- Application sent to houston
17-Nov-07 : Date of Acknowledgement
20-Nov-07 : Photo/Signature Scanned
26-Nov-07: Registration status Granted
26-Nov-07 : Documents Printed
03-Dec-07: Documents Dispatched From Delhi
10-Dec-07 : Documents Received at Houston
11-Dec-07 : Received email
17-Dec-o7 : Sent Passport for U Visa
19-Dec-07: Passport received at Houston
11-Jan-08 : Received U Visa + OCI booklet

OCI - Houston

Hello,

Can I drop off the application in person at the consulate and also drop off the passport /pick up the OCI in person from the consulate? Has anybody done it?

Has anybody with a passport other than US passport applied to Houston for OCI?

Cheers,
Parichay

How long for Ack from Houston

Hi,

I sent the documents and application form to Houston on 01/24/08. I know they recieved it on 01/26/08 (usps tracker). How long should I wait before the online status says document recieved? Do I need to do anything else other than wait?

OCI received

I got my OCI by fedex. Good thing that FedEx just does not drop package at the door and run like UPS does.

Center: Houston
Application received at Houston 11-NOV-07
Date Of Acknowledgment 10-DEC-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 11-DEC-2007
Registration Status Granted On 21-DEC-2007
Documents Printed On 22-DEC-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 24-DEC-2007
Documents Received at HOUSTON 01-JAN-2008
Passports mailed to Houston on 1-JAN-08
Received Passport and OCI back on 21-JAN-08

Surprisingly Indian passport is not cut in the top corner (As I read someplace) Only passport cancelled stamp on the second page (Non photo page) That too is very faint and not clearly readable. Also PIO card for my son has no cancellation stamp anywhere. Anyway !!!

Can someboby please answer me.

I am planning to apply OCI for me and my wife as we both got Citizenship recently. I have a daughter who is US Citizen by birth, can I apply OCI for her.

How long should I wait before calling them up?

Its almost a month since i mailed my application. I haven't got the ack yet. Should I call them up? Or continue to wait?

In my case (when I filed in Nov2007) it took them more than 4 weeks to enter in their system.
When was app received by them? It can take 4-5 days in mail that you have to account for too.

I am a new member. Sent my part I & II papers on Jan11th through USPS. Sent the papers without the confirmation/tracking(that was my mistake). Hopefully they might have received my application by 15th Jan. The tracker site is still showing "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged". No response for my emails.

Any idea how long it takes for them to acknowledge now?

Thanks

Here are my details.

Application form mailed by USPS on 02/15/08
Application Received at Houston on 02/19/08
Application Acknowledgment -- NOT YET

Mine
===
Application form mailed by USPS on 02/24/08
Application Received at Houston on 02/26/08

Sorry..mistake

Application form mailed by USPS on 01/24/08
Application Received at Houston on 01/26/08

dayyam: I guess you need to wait one more month.
JustLCed: we need to wait for another week or two.