OCI - Houston Tracker

Documents Received at Houston on Sep 5

Finally our documents received. Planning to send the passports today or tomorrow....I didn't send the extra $15 for mailing the passports back. So I'm planning to send a money order for $15. Do I have to send any self addressed envelope ???

Finally our documents received. Planning to send the passports today or tomorrow....I didn't send the extra $15 for mailing the passports back. So I'm planning to send a money order for $15. Do I have to send any self addressed envelope ???

Nope. Just send the Cashiers check for the required amount. They send it by Fedex.

21-Jul-07: Filled Online
21-Jul-07: Sent Part A & Part B
23-Jul-07: Received at Houston
29-Aug-07: Date Of Acknowledgment
06-Sep-07: Photo/Signature Scanned
XX-XXX-XX: Registration status Granted
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Printed
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Dispatched From Delhi
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Received at Houston
XX-XXX-XX: US Passport sent to Houston
XX-XXX-XX: US Passport Received by Houston
XX-XXX-XX: US Passport with U Visa + OCI booklet Received

Got call from Houston and email

Some lady from CGI,Houston called my home number and informed our OCI is granted and she asked us to mail the passports. She also told that passports will be returned within 10 business days. I also got email...

Some lady from CGI,Houston called my home number and informed our OCI is granted and she asked us to mail the passports. She also told that passports will be returned within 10 business days. I also got email...

Wow that's a surprise (compared to experience I had to go through for locating my passports).

21-Jul-07: Filled Online
21-Jul-07: Sent Part A & Part B
23-Jul-07: Received at Houston
29-Aug-07: Date Of Acknowledgment
06-Sep-07: Photo/Signature Scanned
11-Sep-07: Registration status Granted
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Printed
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Dispatched From Delhi
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Received at Houston
XX-XXX-XX: US Passport sent to Houston
XX-XXX-XX: US Passport Received by Houston
XX-XXX-XX: US Passport with U Visa + OCI booklet Received

Please use the signature to update your case

Just an observation...I have noticed several folks posting their status updates in a new post everytime...it would be better to update your signature(under the Quick Links) which is much more cleaner rather than posting everytime there is an update; that's almost spamming the message board....

Last edited by a moderator:
Filed OCI application

Hi,
I just filed OCI application to Houston. Here are the details:

4-Sep-07: Filed Online
5-Sep-07: Mailed Part A & Part B via Express Mail
6-Sep-07: Received at Houston (per USPS tracking)

Waiting for acknowledgement now.

Is the registration site down? I am trying to apply for OCI for our family.
But clicking on the first step link on the cgihouston website gives moe
"Cannot find server".

Final update

05-Jul-07: Filled Online
10-Jul-07: Sent Part A & Part B
11-Jul-07: Received at Houston
08-Aug-07: Date Of Acknowledgment
16-Aug-07: Photo/Signature Scanned
30-Aug-07: Registration status Granted
31-Aug-07: Documents Printed
03-Sep-07: Documents Dispatched From Delhi
05-Sep-07: Documents Received at Houston
07-Sep-07: Collected OCI Booklet + U visa personally in Houston

So long and good luck

Hi Alien,
can you please tell your experiance of getting U stamp at Houston.
Are you local to Houston or you fly to houston.
I am not from houston and planning to fly to houston.
if you or any one know the best way to go from Houbby airport to Consulate(if cab how much I have to pay).
Also is there any places(like restaurents etc) where we can wait inbetween submiting the passport and pickup the passport.

Also can I get the Cab in the evening to go to the airport. or is it better to rent a car from the airport. please advise.

Thanks

Hi,
I just filed OCI application to Houston. Here are the details:

4-Sep-07: Filed Online
5-Sep-07: Mailed Part A & Part B via Express Mail
6-Sep-07: Received at Houston (per USPS tracking)

Waiting for acknowledgement now.

I have exact same mailing and received dates as you. Lets keep track of it. I'm guessing the acknowledge date to be 3-4 weeks from the USPS delivery date..which should be end of Sept to Oct 1st wk.

I suspect the lazy bums at the Indian consulate deliberately delaying the acknowledge date ...because once they acknowledge, they have to process the application and approve in less than 30 days at the most.

Here are the details of OCI Filing

05-Sep-07: Filled Part A Online
07-Sep-07: Mailed Part A and B

Hi Dump

Hey Dump, your dates are very close to mine and our login ids are also similar except for the first letter.

Just an observation.

Pump

Any one recently received the U sticker by mail. How long it is taking. My application was granterd and they are in transit from Delhi to Houston. So thinking of visiting Houston or send the Passport by mail for U sticker. Any one has any personal experiance visiting Houston office, if so, please let me know the details.

How do you check status on MHA site

I have exact same mailing and received dates as you. Lets keep track of it. I'm guessing the acknowledge date to be 3-4 weeks from the USPS delivery date..which should be end of Sept to Oct 1st wk.

I suspect the lazy bums at the Indian consulate deliberately delaying the acknowledge date ...because once they acknowledge, they have to process the application and approve in less than 30 days at the most.

Hi Milk,

We will keep track of the progress. Your dates are identical to mine. I had a question for you. Did you try tracking your case on the web site? I guess it is still too early to do that. Perhaps, we can do it after the acknowledgement. Can the case # we get through online filing of Form A be used to track the case?

Pump

Hi Milk,

We will keep track of the progress. Your dates are identical to mine. I had a question for you. Did you try tracking your case on the web site? I guess it is still too early to do that. Perhaps, we can do it after the acknowledgement. Can the case # we get through online filing of Form A be used to track the case?

Pump

yes, I started tracking daily once. so far "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged"

You can try it : https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

You have to input the case number from Part A in to the field "Online Registration Number" until we get the acknowldgement and get the file no.

Timeline to receive passport back from CGI

What's the usual timeline to receive passport(s) back from CGI...It'll be 2 weeks since CGI received my US passport..

We do have to wait until CGI receives the documents from India and so then, Why does it take so long to affix the sticker and send it overnight(pre-paid)?
I just don't get it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Help/Advice needed

Got an email saying that:

"We are happy to inform you that your application for OCI and ‘U’ Visa has been approved.

You are requested to send your original US passport for stamping the “U” Visa and the Indian Passport(where applicable) for verification by mail. In case you are a PIO card holder, pls send your PIO card for cancellation.
"

I am not a US citizen, so I am assuming that they want me to send in my South African passport. However I do not have my file or acknowledgement number. I have tried calling the consulate (tried all three numbers) in Houston repeatedly with no luck. The website states that I must put this number into the cover letter accompanying my passport.

How can I get to speak to someone at the consulate. Any suggestions?

Got an email saying that:

"We are happy to inform you that your application for OCI and ‘U’ Visa has been approved.

You are requested to send your original US passport for stamping the “U” Visa and the Indian Passport(where applicable) for verification by mail. In case you are a PIO card holder, pls send your PIO card for cancellation.
"

I am not a US citizen, so I am assuming that they want me to send in my South African passport. However I do not have my file or acknowledgement number. I have tried calling the consulate (tried all three numbers) in Houston repeatedly with no luck. The website states that I must put this number into the cover letter accompanying my passport.

How can I get to speak to someone at the consulate. Any suggestions?

Kwazulu,

It would be nice if you can post your timeline. The only way is to keep trying the numbers from 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM mon-fri. If you are local to Houston you can make a personal visit.