OCI - Houston Tracker

I sent my US and Indian passports over two weeks back and I am still waiting for them. I paid the overnight delivery also.

Could you post your timeline please?
Are you sure CGI has received the documents from Delhi?
2 weeks is long overdue..I would imagine they would return it within few days..

Am planning on travelling out of country mid-august and hoping this process will be complete by then

My timeline

June 07, 2007: Online Part A & B completion
June 08, 2007: OCI docs sent to Houston
June 11, 2007: OCI docs delivered to Houston
June 20, 2007: Date Of Acknowledgment
June 21, 2007: Photo/Signature Scanned
June 22, 2007: Registration status Granted
June 23, 2007: Documents Printed
June 23, 2007: Documents Dispatched From Delhi
June 27, 2007: Documents Received at Houston
June 27, 2007: Passports Mailed to Houston
June 28, 2007: Passports delivered to Houston

I'm very disappointed today. I do not know whether our applications have been delivered to CGI Hoston or not. I applied on June 20. Post office tried to deliver but since no one was there (??), they left a notice asking whether CGI's preference is to redeliver or pick-up. Ofcourse CGI never responded and my application is in limbo. I called the post office in Houston and they told me CGI is simply overwhelmed with all sorts of mail applications. Even though my online tracking shows pacakage is not delivered, it very well may have been delivered as post office always delivers mail to CGI.

My only hope is that since my application has not been returned to me, it should have been delivered. My application is not yet acknowledged. It's a waiting game.

June 18, 2007: Online Part A completion
June 20, 2007: OCI docs sent to Houston
??: OCI docs delivered to Houston
: Date Of Acknowledgment
: Photo/Signature Scanned
: Registration status Granted
: Documents Printed
: Documents Dispatched From Delhi
: Documents Received at Houston
: Passports Mailed to Houston
: U Visa + OCI booklet Received

I'm very disappointed today. I do not know whether our applications have been delivered to CGI Hoston or not. I applied on June 20. Post office tried to deliver but since no one was there (??), they left a notice asking whether CGI's preference is to redeliver or pick-up. Ofcourse CGI never responded and my application is in limbo. I called the post office in Houston and they told me CGI is simply overwhelmed with all sorts of mail applications. Even though my online tracking shows pacakage is not delivered, it very well may have been delivered as post office always delivers mail to CGI.

Based on your timeline, how can you apply for OCI without a US passport. The OCI asks for US passport #. Just curious...

I'm very disappointed today. I do not know whether our applications have been delivered to CGI Hoston or not. I applied on June 20. Post office tried to deliver but since no one was there (??), they left a notice asking whether CGI's preference is to redeliver or pick-up.

Sorry to hear that...Did you send it via priority mail..If so, your delivery confirmation should state when they received it? I also added signature confirmation so I know someone had to sign for it..

I would think CGI would process Visa/Passport and OCI/PIO stuff and there is nothing to be overwhelmed about those..right? CGI isn't USCIS!!!
I suppose you have tried to call them, email them or even write another letter? am at wits' end too.

Rama Bashyam, his earlier post indicates the OCI application is for his wife...

Last edited by a moderator:
My Mail is also in limbo

I mailed my application on July 10th through priority mail with delivery confirmation. Online status of tracking number says it received Houston on July 13th after that no records whether its delivered or not. I went to Local Post office they said they couldn't do much and also said may be your mail when delivered its not scanned. I called 1-800-222-1811 and they created a report yesterday and told me some one from the post office last scanned should call me. While I was talking I asked the phone number of the post office so that if no one called I can call. Nobody called me from post office, so I called and they said same thing like local post office this mail they may not have scanned and lady who talked to me they don't have any mail pending waiting in their post office which was suppose to deliver to CGI, houston. I emailed Houston Consulate no response...tried calling directly no luck. I'm going to wait around a month or so if my money orders are not cashed I'm going to put stop payment. I checked the status whether its acknowledged and no luck there also...

I mailed my application on July 10th through priority mail with delivery confirmation. Online status of tracking number says it received Houston on July 13th after that no records whether its delivered or not. I went to Local Post office they said they couldn't do much and also said may be your mail when delivered its not scanned. I called 1-800-222-1811 and they created a report yesterday and told me some one from the post office last scanned should call me. While I was talking I asked the phone number of the post office so that if no one called I can call. Nobody called me from post office, so I called and they said same thing like local post office this mail they may not have scanned and lady who talked to me they don't have any mail pending waiting in their post office which was suppose to deliver to CGI, houston. I emailed Houston Consulate no response...tried calling directly no luck. I'm going to wait around a month or so if my money orders are not cashed I'm going to put stop payment. I checked the status whether its acknowledged and no luck there also...

My status is pretty much exactly like yours. I talked to the local post office lady (Sage annext Houston) and the lady told me that they may have missed to scan the delivery confirmation. She confirmed my mail is not in the post office. Unfortunately, I had sent cashiers checks and there is no way of kknowing if those have been cashed or not.

It takes about 1 week or 10 days to get the applications acknowledged. After that with in 10 days or so it is granted.

If there is any problems with the form, the "nice" folks at CGI Houston will return your entire package. It happened to us, as I didn't include my son's birth certificate first time...second time it took around 10 days to get it acknowledged and then on its way.

s_a_kumar

My status is pretty much exactly like yours. I talked to the local post office lady (Sage annext Houston) and the lady told me that they may have missed to scan the delivery confirmation. She confirmed my mail is not in the post office. Unfortunately, I had sent cashiers checks and there is no way of kknowing if those have been cashed or not.

I had sent cashiers checks and there is no way of kknowing if those have been cashed or not.

Not True. You can call your bank/credit union and they usually contract with third party like Integrated Payment Solutions to draw up cashier's check...You can call them up and find out the status..that's how I have been tracking mine..

so, far it has not been cashed nor has it been acknowledged!! :mad: even after(almost) 20 days since the application was delivered...

Not True. You can call your bank/credit union and they usually contract with third party like Integrated Payment Solutions to draw up cashier's check...You can call them up and find out the status..that's how I have been tracking mine..

You are right. I did call up my bank and they told me my checks have not been cashed as yet. I sent my application on June 20...so its 35 days and counting. Now, I'm hoping that the post office actually delivered it even though the on-line tracking does not give me that info and the inefficiency is really at the CGI side. I plan to wait another 15 days to see if the checks are cashed...else I will stop payment and just re-apply.

Thank God...the lost/misplaced package does not contain any original documents like our passports.

Let me know if anyone who applied after June 15, 2007 has received an acknowledgement from Houston. Thanks.

WaitingforC

Did you get your passports back with U-visa etc? I also have sent our passports to Houston (will be 2 weeks on Friday). I did send it by express mail, I was able to track through USPS web site and it was delivered there and rec'd/signed for by someone on 13th.

Looking at other applicants here, it appears they might have gone on a vacation at the consulate????

The application itself did get processed very fast (less than a month). Will have to wait and see.

Am just about to give up on my OCI processing at CGI, Houston...:rolleyes:

Am planning on going to the Atlanta Visa camp to get visitor's visa on Aug 4th..has anyone been to one of those camps? Could you post you experience(s)?

Am just about to give up on my OCI processing at CGI, Houston...:rolleyes:

Am planning on going to the Atlanta Visa camp to get visitor's visa on Aug 4th..has anyone been to one of those camps? Could you post you experience(s)?

Check for my posts either in this thread or some other thread.

Money Orders not cashed yet...

It's been more than 3 weeks and still my money orders were not cashed...
I don't know what Houston Consulate is doing. When I try their regular number no one respond and their voice mail is full. I tried calling the OCI special number between 2 and 4 CST with no luck...

WaitingforC

Did you get your passports back with U-visa etc? I also have sent our passports to Houston (will be 2 weeks on Friday). I did send it by express mail, I was able to track through USPS web site and it was delivered there and rec'd/signed for by someone on 13th.

Looking at other applicants here, it appears they might have gone on a vacation at the consulate????

The application itself did get processed very fast (less than a month). Will have to wait and see.

Yes, I received mine almost after 4 weeks. They say on their website that they process in 10 days, but it looks like it takes longer than that. The worst part is, there is no way to talk to them and find out what is going on.
I am planning on driving to Houston for my other family members.

Hope this helps,

Yes, I received mine almost after 4 weeks. They say on their website that they process in 10 days, but it looks like it takes longer than that. The worst part is, there is no way to talk to them and find out what is going on.
I am planning on driving to Houston for my other family members.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the info. I assume that you sent only your passports and not your family's yet. Hopefully mine will show up soon (although I do not have the need for travel now).

Hi guys, Thanks for all the information. I have submitted my passport for U Visa stamping. I have not received them back yet after 1 month. Any body has an idea howlong it takes these days to get OCI-U visa stamping?

Here are the details:
Part A 06/04/2007
Mailed on 06/05/2007
Date of Acknowledgement: 06/11/2007
Photos Scanned 06/12/2007
Granted 06/21/2007
Docs Printed 06/21/2007
Docs Dispatched From MHA 06/21/2007
Docs Received by Houston 06/27/2007
OCI Ready Email 06/28/2007
PP Sent 06/29/2007
PP Received by Houton 07/02/2007
Not yet received the passport back????

5 weeks since application submitted, no acknowledgement

It's 5 weeks and counting now since our OCI application was submitted...no file acknowledgement as yet.

hi,
it looks like it is talking lot of time to receive the OCI visa stamp in passport(I think around 4 weeks, or even more). To avoid that delay can we go to houston with both US passport and indian posport and get it done on the same day. Please share your experiance.
thanks
vasu

hi,
it looks like it is talking lot of time to receive the OCI visa stamp in passport(I think around 4 weeks, or even more). To avoid that delay can we go to houston with both US passport and indian posport and get it done on the same day. Please share your experiance.
thanks
vasu

My understanding based on this forum is yes. I am also one in the waiting list and it will be 4 weeks this Friday. Based on all the posts, Houston has gone into some kind of hibernation....
Houston we need help...:confused: